ZU ZeroUsed Circuit Playoffs - Won by czim

Status
Not open for further replies.

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Welcome to the first ZeroUsed Circuit playoffs! Players battled throughout numerous official tournaments and the top 16 qualifiers will compete to be the first ever ZU Circuit Champion. All rounds will be hosted in this thread. The winner will receive the ZeroUsed ribbon. Moreover, S1nn0hC0nfirm3d has sponsored these playoffs, so there will be a $150 grand prize donation for the circuit winner, $50 for 2nd, and $25 for 3rd and 4th!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the ZeroUsed ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown! or smogtours.
  • SwSh cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required. Failure to post will result in a coin flip.
1czim1210
2Ho3nConfirm3d1093
3tlenit810
4Landon795
55gen530
6crying530
7daniYSB470
8TheFranklin470
9beauts460
10Temporal Totodile447
11Tuthur420
12terreitor418
13yovan33321403
14Drud325
15OranBerryBlissey10305
16Luck O' the Irish255

Round 1

(1) czim vs (16) Luck O' the Irish
(2) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs (15) OranBerryBlissey10
(3) tlenit vs (14) Drud
(4) Landon vs (13) yovan33321
(5) 5gen vs (12) terreitor
(6) crying vs (11) Tuthur
(7) daniYSB vs (10) Toto
(8) TheFranklin vs (9) beauts

Round 2

(1) czim vs (8) TheFranklin
(2) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs (10) Toto
(11) Tuthur vs (14) Drud
(12) terreitor vs (13) yovan33321

Round 3

(1) czim vs (12) terreitor
(2) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs (11) Tuthur

Finals

(1) czim[/USER] vs (11) Tuthur

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
(1) czim vs (16) Luck O' the Irish - i can see LOTI taking this but i'm more inclined to believe czim will take this, with more motivation and great results which led him to become the #1 seed
(2) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs (15) OranBerryBlissey10 - better and more established player, obb10 isn't terrible but he's gonna have to show up big time to pull off an upset
(3) tlenit vs (14) Drud - hoping for some ggs
(4) Landon vs (13) yovan33321 - from what i've seen yovan33321 is a bit better of a player and while his teams look weird they do seem to work most of the time
(5) 5gen vs (12) terreitor - better and more established player, this is the prediction i'm most confident in
(6) crying vs (11) Tuthur - crying is the better player while tuthur builds and will likely be more motivated, hard to call for me
(7) daniYSB vs (10) Toto - even with a strong performance in seasonals i'm still not impressed by toto while dani is someone who i have confidence in to win his games
(8) TheFranklin vs (9) beauts - better overall player though i doubt he'll care a lot

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
czim v LOTI - i think LOTI is a really good player but czim is goated
s1nn0hc0nf1rm3d v OBB - i love OBB, but defeating ho3nn is a tall task. i've also learned to not bet agaunst ho3nn
tlenit v drud - drud is a great player, and i think this is where he really breaks through
landon v yovan - yovan being seeded 13th is honestly odd to me, maybe results wise it makes sense but IMO they're top 10
5gen v terreitor - 5gen definitely has a case for winning it all, i think terreitor is another very underrated player but it'll be tough taking down 5gen if 5gen turns on the jets
crying v tuthur - this one is gonna be hype af, looking forward to this one a lot. could go either way, but im leaning towards crying
daniysb v toto - this is another tough one that'll be exciting to see, but i think toto has momentum from his great seasonal results
thefranklin v beauts - LETS GO BEAUTS

Last edited:
Hi its hiatus Codex which has a little of free time now and imma do this bullshit called predictions.

czim v loti, 70-30, czim is just consistently good and goat. tho loti could pull smth czim should have a big advantage
ho3n v obb, 60-40, I wouldnt underestimate obb so much, he has a good shot at winning too but ho3n is kinda goated
tlenit v drud, 60-40, drud is a player that has failed to impress me. This really depends on how serious tlenit takes this, if he does he should take the w
landon v yovan, 35-65, like both players, but landon is somewhat inconsistent, yovan has a good advantage here
5gen v terreitor, 60-40, love terreitor he is a good player so giving him a wide chance as well, but 5gen should win this if hes at his full
crying v tuthur, 55-45, uhh, love tuthur but he's also a little inconsistent, but this is def the closest one for me. I also gave crying w on majors so he might as well do something good
daniYSB v toto, 40-60, I think my temporal fren is currently better than my your-step-bro fren, love u both, hope to see a cool battle.
TheFranklin v beauts, 75-25, absolutely love beauts but Franklin is fucking broken pls nerf ty

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
czim vs thefranklin - czim is probably going to win it all but we'll just have to wait & see
ho3nn vs toto - upset is def possible, but ho3nn is too good
tuthur vs drud - after the biggest upset of the round, drud has all the momentum in the world. LETS GO DRUD
terreitor vs yovan- yovan is definitely great, byt terreitor is fresh off of a big upset while yovan wasn't able to play last round. i can see yovan potentially winning bc they're a v good player, but terreitor has lots of momentum

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
matchups are getting better, gl everyone

(1) czim vs (8) TheFranklin - hardest matchup for me to predict, czim has a lot of momentum going into this set and is the more motivated player and the more experienced zu builder. while franklin is a better player. this really comes down to which of those things you value more. i feel like czim is just on a roll and i will give a him a very miniscule edge, but no one should be surprised if franklin takes it
(2) S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs (10) Toto - better and more diverse player, ho3n is the favorite to take the tournament for me and i don't see toto beating him here
(11) Tuthur vs (14) Drud - hoping for some ggs (playing sunday 8pm gmt +1)
(12) terreitor vs (13) yovan33321 - terreitor pulled off a nice upset vs 5gen last week (5gen what was that g3 team) while we did not get to see yovan33321 play. however, yovan33321 is the more flexible builder and better as player which gives him an edge for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)