ZU ZeroUsed Majors - Stage 2 Round 2

Welcome to the first edition of ZU Majors! In this tournament, participants will start off in a pool with other players, and those with the best records within those pools will advance to the second stage. Pools will be randomised, with the exception of pool leaders. Each pool will have a leader, who is a credible player, and these leaders will be determined by tour hosts to ensure each pool is fair. After the first stage, the tournament will shift to a traditional single elimination tournament with the advancing players from each pool. The top 32 players of this tournament will earn Circuit Points according to the payout structure listed here. For an example of how this tour is run, see the UU version. ZU Circuit Standings can be found here.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SS ZU tournament.
  • 2021 ZU Circuit information can be found here.
  • The format will be best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
  • Rounds will last the standard 1 week.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown! or on the smogtours server.
  • Replays are mandatory. Lack of replays will result in a coin flip.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • As such, it is imperative to schedule publicly on your opponents' walls. Please do not schedule via PMs or Smogon convos
  • You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.

R2 - Proof

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  TJ
Winner of (Mirbro  vs Luck O' the Irish)  vs TBasedGod
tlenit  vs  czim
yovan33321
 vs  Tuthur
OranBerryBlissey10  vs  Mr.Bossaru
Drud  vs  JonAmon 25
crying
 vs  AstilCodex
hiss  vs Winner of (UBTR vs Antares)

lol these matchups. gl

Deadline is October 31st at 11:59 PM GMT -4. Replays are mandatory!

Last edited:
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  TJ Its time to shine for ho3n lets get it bro
Winner of (Mirbro  vs Luck O' the Irish)  vs TBasedGod TBasedGod is better but loti can win with some good teams
tlenit  vs  czim czim needed luck to beat durza in ss. that's crazy
yovan33321  vs  Tuthur
OranBerryBlissey10  vs  Mr.Bossaru thebtboy lost to bossaru so he will be favorite here
Drud  vs  JonAmon 25 i trust in you jonAmon25 but there are more chance to see drud win here
crying  vs  AstilCodex advantage to the real zu player
hiss  vs Winner of (UBTR vs Antares) hiss is better than the two others
don't forget my predictions was clearly better than drudspredisctions at r1

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  TJ - HO3 is a god but TJ is still def one of the scariest players out there with proficency across multiple tiers.
Winner of (Mirbro  vs Luck O' the Irish)  vs TBasedGod - Also a match that can go both ways. TBased is a ladder hero and is notorious for usage of off-meta picks but LOIT could potentially run stallbreaking and complicate things.
tlenit  vs  czim tlenit is proficent across multiple tiers and comes up with some cool stuff. i think this will be a close match though.
yovan33321  vs  Tuthur tuthur is the better player but yovan can come up with wack picks to win.
OranBerryBlissey10  vs  Mr.Bossaru contacted…in all seriousness i think OBB’s teambuilding skills and play should be able to take this.
Drud  vs  JonAmon 25 i agree with yovan here
crying  vs  AstilCodex crying is good but i think astil should take this
hiss  vs Winner of (UBTR vs Antares) UBTR is okay at the game though antares has the upper hand in teambuilding, thinking, experience. I think hiss can win though given the vast amount of teams and how much time is given to teambuild.

can’t wait to see what R2 showcases!

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  TJ - obvious hl match, i trust tj's playing ability more but he doesn't build and will probably reuse older teams. idk this is hard to predict
Winner of (Mirbro  vs Luck O' the Irish)  vs TBasedGod - loti is the best player out of these 3 but i can see mirbro taking it
tlenit  vs  czim - czim needed luck to beat durza in ss. that's still crazy
yovan33321  vs  Tuthur - i trust in you tuthur but there are more chance to see yovan33321 win here
OranBerryBlissey10  vs  Mr.Bossaru - mr bossaru is still the self proclaimed goat and clearly that title fits him by winning round 1
Drud  vs  JonAmon 25 - jon amon is the greatest player smogon has ever seen, while drud is a fraud. this is an easy call
crying  vs  AstilCodex - better player
hiss  vs UBTR - go hiss!!

don't forget my predictions are better than those of the fraud who calls himself "yovan33321"

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
I screwed over hiss in that last game which sucks, because we had such a good and competitive set. Can't really say gg, but I'll try and make up for it by winning further I guess.

[Gen 8] ZU replay: its hiss! vs. UnBeatableTR - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] ZU replay: UnBeatableTR vs. its hiss! - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
[Gen 8] ZU replay: its hiss! vs. UnBeatableTR - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

replays ig even though he posted them already.
jsyk it's they not he, thank u (you played well btw, none of its your bad)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)