ZU ZeroUsed

After playing zu best friend tournament with my best friend xujing691691 , I would like to share some sets that I used in this tour.
657Frogadier_Dream.png
Frogadier @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Low Kick
- Toxic Spikes
When I first test out the team, I think t-spikes would be a dangerous technique to pressure a lot of teams that rely on Silvally to remove their hazards. But later I discovered that when I run hydro on the frog, Komala always comes in and spin the hazard if I don't have any ghost-type pokemon to stop Komala from doing so. So I come up with this fightinium-z low kick to solve this issue. This physical attack Frogadier can lure and snipe HUGE threats such as Komala, Kecleon, and Lickilicky n stuff. Almost every time facing a Komala team, I can put up a t-spike, kill Komala instantly and keep the hazard forever if I don't defog it. Here's the damage calc.
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Komala: 468-552 (140.1 - 165.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 440-518 (144.7 - 170.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 168 HP / 4 Def Lickilicky: 342-404 (84.8 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Taunt is for stopping the mareanie putting up tspikes, pressure bronzor, and prevent silvally from defoging. Hydro serves to hit bulky rock-type like crustle and golem which are strong rock settlers in the current meta. Overall, it's just a tech that I enjoyed using a lot when I test on the ladder and it also brings me success in the tour.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-829915321 Feel the power of this set
405Luxray_Dream.png
Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Facade
This set is extremely hard to switch in. Its 120 base attack plus the Guts ability makes it a powerhouse in ZU meta. Crunch is used to hit bronzor, superpower to hit golem and lickilcky, avalugg n stuff. Facade with 140 base power is the most often clicked in this set. Since it's basically immune to status, it can be a perfect stall breaker that can easily switch in to absorb status. I think this all out attacker is underrated in the current meta. It can be a nightmare for the opponents when faced with specific team styles.
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Crunch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 160-190 (50.3 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 259-305 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Superpower vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Avalugg: 204-240 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Eviolite Gabite: 172-203 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 170-202 (45.4 - 54%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golem: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With rocks, Luxray can 2hko almost every mon in the meta.
015Beedrill_Dream.png
Beedrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Tailwind
It's a support scarf beedrill set. U-turn to provide momentum for teams, t-spikes to pressure the opponents. The biggest highlight would be the Tailwind tech. It can actually work very well with the support of your teammates. In this case, its defense stats will become his biggest asset to set up tailwind for his teammates. Since its defense stats almost allows the bee to die instantly every time after it sets up tailwind, beedrill's teammates will get more turns of speed boost.

Very pleasured to get in touch with the ZU community, big thanks to DurzaOffTopic for holding this.

Aaronboyer

Bucky McBoingBoing Hurr Hurr!
is a Contributor to Smogon

Seasons Greetings everyone! I'm extremely excited that we had twenty people sign up for this project. I hope that all of you will soon enjoy the teams you will be receiving from one another. As a general reminder, please post your finished teams here in this thread, giving a short little description, tagging the person you've made the team for. Please get these teams finished by December 31st! It wouldn't be kind to have a team made for you and you not be able to finish someone else's team and they not get one. If you have any questions or complications feel free to PM me. With that being said, let the Secret Santa teambuilding begin! Falalalalalalalalala!

love chants
1544193085582.png

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Offensive Oricorio was the first requirement for the team. I was thinking of trying a Z Crystal set, but eventually decided that Scarf was the best thing for the team. I’m not disappointed either. Scarf Oricorio freed up a lot of opportunities to use some less common picks. The set is pretty standard. High SpA and Spe to hit things hard and fast. 4 SpDef since it never hurts. Your main attacking moves are Hurricane and Revelation Dance. Hidden Power Grass hits Rock and Ground types hard, both of which are very common in ZU. U turn is to pivot out on a misprediction.

1544192930762.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Requirement #2 was Defensive Tangela. Pretty much the cookie cutter Tangela set, although I use Synthesis over Knock Off. It’s a physical wall and pivot that can force out many Pokemon. It basically forms the defensive backbone of the team. Later on, the team became Ground weak. Tangela works wonders against said Ground types, so there's that.

1544193025593.png

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Return

I’ve always had a soft spot for Klang. After seeing that the team was weak to Ice, I thought that a Steel type would greatly benefit the team. Klang can switch in on a variety of attacks, since it’s Eviolite gives it good defenses. It plays similar to Klinklang, although it trades Electricium Z for better defenses. Klang is scary once it sets up, so most of the moves are based on making it a better win condition. EVs are designed so that after a single boost it reaches 318 speed, which means that Klang can outspeed +Speed 95s. Instead of investing completely in speed Klang exchanges the ability to outspeed faster threats for the ability to invest in HP and take many hits that it otherwise couldn’t. These EVs aren’t perfect, and a full speed investment is also useful at times

1544192967188.png

Relicanth @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

The team was now Fire weak. Relicanth fixes this problem and makes the second portion of the team’s defensive core. It’s also a good rocker. I used Groundium Z on it mainly for the surprise factor and to give Relicanth a niche as the team’s Wallbreaker. Not many pokemon in ZU can switch into Relicanth.

1544192994232.png

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Gyro Ball

These last two spots were difficult. Lickilicky is used as a cleric. Many members of the team are weak to certain status moves and lack recovery. Lickilicky has Oblivious and access to both Wish and Heal Bell. It’s fairly passive due to little attack investment, but can still nab chip with Return and Gyro Ball.

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- Parting Shot

1544193184293.png

Silvally is the last team member. I needed a relatively fast pokemon to fix the team’s horrible speed tiers, as well as a spinner or defogger. Silvally fit this role perfectly, although deciding on a type was difficult. I eventually narrowed it down between Ground and Ghost, but Ground narrowly won out. Ground/Rock is good coverage, and a fast Parting Shot means that Silvally is never going to be completely passive. It’s Ground type gives it a much coveted rock resistance, which is rare on Defoggers.

Overall the team is a slow and physically oriented balance that leans defensively. However, it has a variety of strong attackers and two relatively fast win conditions.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tangela @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Return

Relicanth @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Gyro Ball

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Last edited:
Good thing you chose ground over ghost since we don't have ghost gonna make mine over the weekend, can't wait to see the heat

Alright So, Welcome to N O R M A L S P A M, featuring our guest of the evening, Xayah the stinky poopface who wants me to use a bad set on one of his mons of choice.

so my original core was CB mala (ewwwww) + Sub SD Bouffalant

Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return

One's a breaker, the other is a setup wincon. both are fighting weak mons, which lead to me wanting a ghost right off the bat, so i decided to bring in some flying spam, particularly Swanna and Drifblim, both provide a cool fighting resist, and are pretty cute atm

Drifblim @ Mago Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Swanna @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost

Speed on blimp beats scarf swanna's speed tier after mago gets eaten, and eats mago after 2 subs or 2 subs and one rock. Zaterium swanna provides a quick incon vs offense, where bouff and mala eat up fatter archetypes.

ofc, now we need some rocks and remoaval, as well as speed control. at this point i was a bit bored and wanted to have some fun, so i decded to add a 3rd normal to this core, in a scarf defog silvally.
Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Defog

mon just looks cute, yknow?
anyway for a final mon feat. rocks i decided to add a fat sandslash.
Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Knock Off
have some spreads, enjoy your mediocre team Xayah

Importable
Komala @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return

Drifblim @ Mago Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Defog

Swanna @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost

Last edited:
The Naughty List

1544214857515.png
1544214870430.png
1544214840558.png
1544214884068.png
1544214894331.png
1544214905165.png

So here's your team, Dollainthewoods! I hope you have as much fun with it as i had making it!

I had to build a team with a core formed with Komala and Golem. Since I've been really liking Wish Komala recently i decided to give it a go, and here we have the first set of the team. For Golem, i wanted to use a Choice Band set that, coupled with Wish Komala's support, could have more longevity than it usually has and hit hard.
Then I went for a set i always wanted to try, Z-Grasswhistle Abomasnow. For people who don't know, this Z-move raises your speed by 1, making Abomasnow reach 360 speed, which is not bad. Considering Band Golem and Komala really pressure Bronzor, i thought this set could try to push for a sweep late game and could be fun to use. Also, you could potentially still use Z-Wood Hammer to wallbreak in matchups when you dont need the speed and/or your other teammates can sweep more reliably than Abomasnow.
Next, the team had a glaring fighting weakness and Mareanie was a clear option bc it checks pretty much every relevant fighting type in the metagame reliably, such as Monferno, Combusken and Silvally-Fighting, while also working as a physical sponge. Toxic Spikes would also really help the team bc this team has Rapid Spin Komala instead of a defogger.
After that, i had to pick a scarfer that'd help me check Pinsir, Floatzel and Swanna, mons that were starting to look problematic for the team depending on the set, while also adding a Ground immunity, since my only resist was Abomasnow, and Rotom-Fan was a good choice, specially since Trick could help me deal with stall teams more reliably.
For the final mons, i wanted a flexible special Silvally form bc the team was lacking on the special offense department, Silvally's natural bulk would make it a good recipient for Komala's Wishes and pivoting with Parting Shot could help me set up with Abomasnow, and Silvally-Fire helped in that department since it lures water and ground types making it easier to set up. Is also helps dealing with Gourgeist-S, which otherwise can prevent this team from removing entry hazards.

Jingle Bells (Komala) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

After Dinner (Golem) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Christmas Tree (Abomasnow) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Punch
- Grass Whistle

Socks (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Jesus (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp

Santa Claus (Silvally-Fire) @ Fire Memory
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Here's a replay of a test game vs love chants, ty for it btw :) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-832312250

Last edited:
"Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides...Known for its extreme intelligence, this Pokémon will look down on inexperienced Trainers, so it’s best suited to veteran Trainers."
-Excerpts from the Sun and Moon Pokedexes.

The mighty Oranguru has long been sought after for its ability to Instruct other Pokemon and lead them to greater knowledge, power, and grace. However, few realize the true potential of Oranguru in single combat. Deep within the Lush Jungle of Alola there reside Oranguru that have embraced the power of darkness and used it to unleash an unstoppable force of psychic might.

Oranguru_sprite.png
silvally 2.png
dugtrio-alola.png
electrode.png
golem-alola.png
altaria.png

oranguru.png
Oranguru @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Snatch

Oranguru will stop at nothing to achieve enlightenment, even if that means stealing dark relics. Darkinium-Z with Snatch gives Oranguru +2 speed while stealing opponents attempts to boost or heal. At +2 speed Oranguru is faster than everything up through Choice Scarf Komala. Fast Choice Scarfers are of less concern, for they do not have the power to significantly harm Oranguru's mighty form. The defense EVs ensure that bulky Komala's Return will never break Oranguru Substitute through a Reflect. Oranguru can set up a Substitute against many bulky Pokemon, especially with Light Screen and Reflect up, then can proceed to plot the demise of all. Stored power is 100 base power after Z-snatch and Nasty Plot, but can become as strong as 180 base power at max special attack, allowing Oranguru to overwhelm pokemon such as Pyukumuku and even Bronzor. Dark types cannot be harmed by Oranguru, for they have walked even further into the dark recesses of the jungle, so be sure to eliminate them before attempting to sweep with Oranguru.

silvally 2.png

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Silvally-Poison is here to support Oranguru and Altaria by removing annoying entry hazards, especially toxic spikes which would rob Oranguru of its impressive bulk. The EVs allow Silvally to always outpace Jolly Komala and weaken its attacks with parting shot or finish it off with an attack. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are used to give Silvally as much offensive presence as possible, and are effective moves to encourage pokemon like Altaria or Mareanie to switch out of Silvally and allow it pivot with Part Shot to give something a good set-up or trapping opportunity. Parting Shot is used over U-turn because the stat penalties will generally be much more useful to help something set up than the small damage from U-turn will be.

dugtrio-alola.png

Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Memento

Focus Sash Dugtrio-Alola is great at setting up Stealth Rocks while putting on offensive pressure with its strong dual stab. Dugtrio is especially great for this team because of its access to Memento combined with its high speed. Memento can easily give Oranguru or Altaria a chance to set up while blocking defog and rapid spin.

electrode.png

Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Explosion

Dual Screens Electrode is used to give Oranguru and Altaria immense bulk while setting up. Electrode is fantastic at this strategy due to its unique combination of Screens, Taunt, Explosion, and an amazing speed. The EVs ensure that Electrode is faster than Choice Scarf Servine while guaranteeing that Electivire's Jolly Earthquake will never KO Electrode.

golem-alola.png

Golem-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Golem is on the team both to wall break with extremely strong Stone Edges and to trap steel types for Oranguru. Bronzor and Pawniard are both potentially troublesome for Oranguru and Golem-Alola can trap both very well. Beware that Pawniard can KO Golem-Alola with a +2 Corkscrew Crash, but other than that Golem should be able to remove Pawniard from the game.

altaria.png

Altaria @ Yache Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Altaria is a secondary sweeper that can easily win games with all the support this team gives. Altaria may not be very strong initially, but after a few boosts it can easily sweep frailer teams, especially those that might rely on Choice Scarf Electivire's Ice Punch to revenge KO Altaria. After Yache Berry, Ice Punch will never KO Altaria, even after Stealth Rock Damage. Altaria can also be used mid-game to absorb status or take some hits. It is the team's only ground resist, so be aware that if it goes down Pokémon like Dugtrio can become a problem. Credit to Graceclaw for the set idea (I think, correct me if it was someone else who gave me this).

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/9636ebd782fec11b

Oranguru @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Snatch
Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot
- Defog
Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Memento
Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Explosion
Golem-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
Altaria @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Enjoy the team Sieeeffmon!

Back to my roots

Click the images to see the pokepast

So Taskr requested a team with Specs Camerupt and some sort of Healing Wish/Z-Parting Shot/Z-Memento support and this is my take on it! Now, Specs Camerupt is by no means confined to TR, but it + Z-Memento Dusknoir was such a seemless fit that it had to be the route I took. I used to build a ton of TR about a year ago so going back to it was quite fun. Anyway, as far as the team itself, Camerupt is standard Specs with HP Ice to nuke Alt on a prediction, don't wanna waste turns on TR after all. You'll be clicking Eruption most of the time anyway. Dusknoir is the standard anti-Pawn set with the obvious Z-Memento to heal up Camerupt again, Carbink is standard Trick Room setter, and Beheeyem is the third one and a very powerful breaker on its own. Went Shadow Ball over TBolt or HP Fighting to hit Bronzor harder. Toucannon is the only physical abuser on the team and is just insanely strong. It's purely physical because this coverage hits basically everything. Wishiwashi is last and another nuke on the special side, doing like 80% to Swanna with Hydro Pump. Enjoy friend!
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dusknoir @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brick Break
- Memento

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Toucannon @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break

Wishiwashi-School @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Click the images to see the pokepaste
So this was my first time really building and playing the tier, and I got to say, I had a ton of fun! There's a lot of interesting mons that are viable down here, and it was exciting to see a lot of Pokemon that I don't really see too often. Anyway, Freelia asked for a team built around Nasty Plot Misdreavus, and I got to say it was such a cool mon to build around. When I started building this team, I instantly knew I wanted and Offensive Silvally-Fighting on the team, as it can help deal with the pesky Normal-/Dark-type Pokemon that Misdreavus struggles against. From there on however, I ended up switching the team a lot. The next member I settled on was Scarf Electivire, because it's just so good. It's a very consistent offensive check and revenge killer to many things the team would otherwise struggle with, such as Floatzel and Swanna. I then settled for AV Komala, as it provides a decent check to most special attackers such as Kadabra and Swanna. It also provides reliable hazard removal. Though the last two mons were chosen at about the same time, I'll talk about Golem first. Though it's the standard Weakness Policy set, Golem provides a solid answer to Electivire where the team otherwise wouldn't have one. I was originally running Metang on this team, and though I do think Metang is a cool mon, the prevalence of Elective made me switch this up. Finally, I decided upon Swanna as the last member. The last spot on my team ended up swithcing around quite frequently, but in the end I went with Z-Rain Dance Swanna since it provides a nice late game win condition or even mid game breaker, and it supports Misdreavus quite well I find.
To conclude, I'd just like to say thanks for having an awesome tier, and thanks to the people who helped point in the right direction on a couple of these mons. I really like this community and I'll probably play more of this fun tier in the future. As to Freelia, I hope you enjoy the team! Merry Christmas guys!

P.S.: Format stolen from Xayah, although I'm new at posting on here, so please feel free to correct any mistakes here you may see.

Last edited:

Taskr

Peng Ting
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Bellossom
Stall

Hey Aleccat here is your team! Bellossom Stall was kinda a weird request since Bellossom doesn't really offer much in terms of defensive synergy to Stall apart from acting like a bulky win con and setting up Safeguard is nice. However, I think the rest of the team does a good job at wearing down some of Bellossom's checks and counters for it to sweep late game. Firstly, I added Bronzor since it's probably the best rocker for stall and it makes for a good Ice resist/Abomasnow check which Bell really hates. Altaria is the primary form of hazard removal, and I went with Dragon Pulse over Flamethrower to deal with Fire types like Monferno/Simisear as well as Rocky types like Golem for more damage. Avalugg is basically just there to spin and work as a catch all check to physical attackers that the rest of the team might struggle with like Banded Granbull/Bouffalant. Pyukumuku is there to handle set up sweepers like Monferno a lot better, especially Nasty Plot Monferno which can beat Alt. Lickylicky is in the last slot to wall most other special attackers and provide wish support. Threats to the team include Vigoroth but you can prob PP stall it or Toxic it with Lickylicky if it's Taunt and also Nasty Plot Raichu pretty much 6-0's. Have fun!
Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 60 SpA / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Pyukumuku @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Rest
- Block
- Recover

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Xenophile

Here is the Team for Xenophile.

We're starting with the requested E-vire and sa its nature dictates this Team is very offensive.

Electivire @ Electrium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Electric Terrain
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

The Electric Tarrain tec has turned out different then I thought, on it's own it is probably not worth to use but as as supprt for the next mon it is actually pretty nice. Electivire still a good breaker and very usefull as long as you don't get all the turns wrong. In some games you have to sac it to get up tarrain though. Also in clutch situations you can just block Rest form Muk or Dusknoir and kill them next turn.

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

As tarrain abuser I chose Drifblim with Electric Seed. Everyone who played OU knows the Hawlucha Tec. And even with Driflims bad movepool the seedboost can help clean teams up with acro or cripple them with Wisp. This mon was actually lot of fun and the type and breaking synergy between evire and Drifblim is pretty nice. For example for example Sandslash and Gourgeist fall victim to Drifblim. Especially with T-Sikes it's really good.

Beedrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- X-Scissor
- Tailwind

As said T-Spike support I chose Beedrill as my suicide lead. It leads, sets up a Spikes almost kills another mon. and maybe gets up a tailwind after all. With a Spin Blocker in Drifblim T-Spikes are really nice, since there are not many poison types around I feel.

1544231219992.jpeg

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Next I picked Alolan Dug as fast breaking Power and Stealth Rock Support. Banded Iron head hits incedibly hard and toxic most of it's switch ins. Also Tangling Hair also came into clutch while testing quite a bit (might be coinsidance though).

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

At first I had Spiks over Nasty Plot on Caturne but I wanted some Set Up to really be able to punish passive teams while not always attacking and taking LO damage. Cacturne has proven as a real niche slayer beating Trick Room, Stall, and Sand pretty much on its own. STAB Sucker Punch is also pretty solid.

1544232055839.jpeg

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Last but not least we have Silvally. This guy works as the glue of the team, even tough it's offensive it can take most hits once and hit a lot super effectivly back. And if you can't kill them just U-turn into the next shooter. I was debating between Water and Ice memory but went for water because you can never have have enough water resists when Floatzel is the best mon in the tier.

Resume: The Team is very fun to play imo. It really wrecks fat teams and can dance with other offense teams too. Like with other offenses you need to find your Win-con and play your sacs right, make one or two predictions and the game is yours. The team is about just overwhelming other teams early.

I hope you have fun with it.

Electivire @ Electrium Z
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Electric Terrain
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Beedrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- X-Scissor
- Tailwind

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Frogeh Climate Change

Step 1: Confusion
Trying to understand how these three Pokemon fit together in any way caused huge confusion on my part. After countless sleepless hours, I was able to figure it out: Type synergy is for losers – thematic synergy is what´s up. But how do leafeon, torkoal and abomasnow fit together thematically, you ask. Let me tell you: Climate Change! Yes, lefeaon represents our dear mother nature, torkoal represents the fossil fuels we use to cause climate change and abomasnow finally represents the natural disasters that accompany climate change.

Step 2: Completing the offensive core
Added evire, so you at least have a small chance of breaking bronzor and mareanie. He also fits the theme representing a power plant that uses coal to destroy nature by causing climate change and in turn natural disasters. The set is designed to be able to beat both mentioned threats and maybe bluff a scarf.

Step 3: Completing the defensive core (+ adding speed control)
The many shared weaknesses (that represent the frailness of our ecological balance!) made it difficult to design a defensive core around torkal that manages to do … well … anything. Evire kinda handles some of the offensive threats (namely flying types: swanna, toucannon, chatot) offensively. This leaves crustle, muk, pinsir, silvally-fighting (or other forms if they carry flamethrower) and generally fire types (combusken, rapidash, monferno, simisear, camerupt → representing the ravaging wildfires, which destroy our forests). Like our ecological crisis, this poses a problem without viable solution – as long as you think inside the box (in this case the box = the defensive core). That´s why I decided to recruit the planned speed control mon to also cover some of the weaknesses offensively before attempting to finish the defensive core. I added scarfed Swanna. This little bird represents the thousands of birds that die because of all the plastic polluting in our oceans. Additionally, the water typing represents the rain, which might be able to extinquish the wildfires and take care of our fire weakness … which it probably can´t … that´s why I decided to finish the team by adding a specially defensive silvally-dragon. This guy represents the fantasy world we have to escape to in order to not become sad and depressed in the face of our dying environment.

Last words
Thank you, Frogeh, for enlightening us all about these urgent environmental issues! If this is - for some weird reason - not what you had in mind when choosing the Pokemon you wanted someone to build around: Now you have to live with it, how I had to live with building around this abomination of a core, and how we all have to live with - you guessed it - climate change!

(Seriously, I hope this team somewhat works for you. I admittedly had problems with getting these three mons to work together)

MotherNature (Leafeon) (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Leaf Guard
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Celebrate
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

FossilFuel (Torkoal) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Yawn

NaturalDisaster (Abomasnow) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

PowerPlant (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

DeadBirds (Swanna) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Brave Bird
- Ice Beam

FantasyWorld (Silvally-Dragon) @ Dragon Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Hi, I got Graceclaw for secret santa. They wanted for me to build around Cradily so I chose an unorthodox set as Cradily may be the most boring mon ever lmao.

1544309267306.png
1544309278623.png
1544309288463.png
1544309302391.png
1544309313501.png
1544309324786.png

Teambuilding Process
At first I thought I was just going to build a boring team with the standard Stealth Rock Cradily set, but I decided instead to use SD Cradily. I figured it'd be a lot of fun to build around and use in play. It can set up on Komala, choiced locked E-Vire, Band Floatzel, Swanna, Tangela (Beware of Toxic), and others. I added Metang cause it helped a lot vs Abomasnow and it was a rocker that didn't clash with Cradily. I opted for Toxic as the fourth move cause it helps to chip defoggers like Silvally-Water. Monferno was looking scary, as was SD Pinsir so Swanna was added. It gave me a solid check to both of these, a decent breaker, and a defogger. Here I was a bit confused on what to add. I sorta wanted a cleric, but I felt licki was a little too passive and made the team a bit boring. Then I realized I couldn't break Bronzor either, so I chose to run BU Wish Komala. It takes advantage of Bronzor and provides the team with another wincon and a cleric. Next, I chose Silvally-Ground as another wincon and Electivire check as it could just volt switch around for free as well as being a Muk answer. It also can't hurt to have 3 wincons. Monferno was my last as Metang alone could struggle to check Abomasnow. I decided on scarf as extra insurance vs Pinsir as it was still looking scary. Overall the team meshes very well with each other and its fairly fun and easy to use.

Overall, I had fun playing with and building this team. I apologize if it isn't what you expected. This is also going to be my last ZU team I build so hopefully you have fun with it gluck! :pimp:

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm so excited I could be part of ZU's first Secret Santa!!!

I was asked to build Rotom-Fan bulky offense/bulky voltturn. I love VoltTurn as a playstyle, and momentum is really good right now and not all that difficult to grab, so I was excited. I don't think the team ended up as bulky as Author_Pendragon would have liked, but I hope you enjoy the voltturn aspect of the team!

1544305786999.png

Rotom-Fan @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Air Slash

I've been enjoying Specs Fantom immensely recently, but I also love slow voltswitches on voltturn, so I opted to use PhysDef for this team instead. With Aguav, you fake choice easily, until you want to reveal the Will O' Wisp and burn someone's pesky Evire or Golem. Aguav is also probably my favorite item in the game on bulky mons with no recovery (Granbull, Fantom, Sandslash, etc), because they are seldom in for long and switch in a lot over the course of the match. With Fantom's excellent bulk and constant switching into rocks, proc'ing the berry is no problem, and is very helpful in turning situations around.

Admittedly, bulky Fantom isn't as good as it used to be, but it still does its job of burning physical threats, defogging, and providing slow momentum (especially important in the age of Silvally-Water). I do find myself wishing I had HP Grass or something for Golem sometimes, but you just have to settle for burning them and defogging away their hazards most of the time.

One thing I've noticed while playing with this team is that I have to be very careful not to let Fantom die too early, while their physical threats are still alive (especially Monferno, Electivire, and Combusken). Because this team is more offense-oriented, you really have to choose when to sack your mons (as seen in some of the replays, where I play terribly and lose embarassingly).

1544306176774.png

Every voltturn team needs an abusive breaker who instantly makes your opponent break into a cold sweat. Rampardos does this, both literally and figuratively.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Blizzard

Rampardos is extremely scary, and reaches 215 speed with Adamant. This is enough to outspeed most of the slower defensive mons in the tier, especially ones that don't like to run +spe nature (Golem). With Sheer Force, Rampardos has no problem demolishing the entire defensive metagame.

I originally had Rock Polish over Blizzard, but I found myself wanting to look for opportunities to set up and clean, rather than break, and was also just a tad too weak to Tangela and Gourgeist to my liking (Fire punch is good, but not enough when you're toxic'd or leeched).

You'll see in the replays that, when I play well, Rampardos is a huge force to be reckoned with, and, when I neglect him, I generally lose. Treasure this mon. He's a good boi.

The next mon was really difficult for me, but I finally settled on Cradily, because it defensively answered the team's need for a soft Floatzel check and also acted as a band-aid for the team's glaring Rock weakness. Don't get me wrong, it's not living a +2 Edge from Lycan (thanks a lot, Quagg -.-), but it can fill in when you just need to not get bopped.

It's ironic that I picked Cradily, because it's the mon I gave my Secret Santa to build around because I can't seem to use it very well, but it fits in pretty well here as a blanket check. Toxic is also greatly appreciated, as are rocks (duh). Giga finishes off those Golems who have lost the will to live because Fantom burned them. I seem to always predict my opponents to expect Giga and switch out, but they never do....

Anyways, Cradily is the SpDef glue of the team and the sole rock resist. You'll still be weak to LO/Fight-Z Special Busken, but you have a few tools to deal with that.

1544306994445.png

At this point, I needed a Special attacker with some inherent bulk and the ability to pivot. Enter: Silvally-Electric! STAB Thunderbolt is insanely strong, and between its other coverage options, you can hit most of the tier for super-effective damage.

Silvally-Electric @ Electric Memory
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Parting Shot
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

The original set had Ice Beam over Surf, but I found that I didn't really need the extra coverage. Altaria was already handled by other mons on the team (Ramp, Froggy), and I found Golem switching in a lot on the expected Electric move. It also hits Camerupt, Monferno, etc if you need Silv to eat a hit to get rid of a threat.

This mon fulfills the role of offensive glue for this team extremely well, especially with its much-needed speed. It also provides a reliable way to KO Swanna, and provides an emergency switch-in (taking 30% from LO Swanna Hurricane) if Cradily is down. Silvally's inherent bulk allows it to tank a couple of neutral hits (or one strong neutral hit) and fire back with the correct move to KO the threat that is undoubtedly threatening to dismantle the rest of your team.

Because it exerts to much offensive pressure and because Parting Shot is such an amazing move, I end up relying on Silvally to provide a lot of my pivoting into Pinsir and Rampardos.

1544379550542.png

I needed a Z-user and have been enjoying Groundium Pinsir immensely recently for its ability to nuke Mareanie and Bronzor, especially with most people expecting Buginium, so I included SD Groundium Pinsir on the team. I know the spread is a bit unorthodox, but the tier is full of strong physical attackers and generally lacking in special attackers, so Pinsir's inherent physical bulk allows it to tank the hits it needs to in order to nuke at least one or two pokemon. Throw in the fact that Pinsir could viably run one of 3 sets right now and you have a very scary Mon to pivot into.

If you don't like the additional hp, you could be normal/boring and make it max speed, but I really didn't find myself in a situation where I felt like the additional speed would have allowed me to keep Pinsir in anyways.

Also, unboosted Z-EQ has a good chance to OHKO Golem through Sturdy.

Pinsir @ Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Finally, I needed a fast scarfer to counter opposing offense and provide revenge-killing threat, preferably with the option of pivoting out. I've been experimenting with Scarf Frog a bit recently, so that's what I went with.

1544379890175.png

Frogadier @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Scarf Hydro does around 75% to Electivire if it connects, and Frog can threaten pretty much everything else in the tier with the correct attack. Gourgeists switching in expecting to eat a Hydro for their Golem find themselves almost OHKO'd by Ice Beam. When you feel like you're about to be out-predicted, click u-turn and get the initiative for your team.

Frog patches a lot of the vulnerabilities of the team, not by providing defensive synergy, but by providing a counter-threat for almost all threats that give the team trouble. Busken or Monferno running amok? Get Frog in after they kill something and KO or grab momentum back. I think you'll enjoy what Frog can do if you give him a chance :)

I hope you enjoy the team!

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Blizzard

Rotom-Fan @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Air Slash

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

Modest Nature
- Parting Shot
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Pinsir @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Frogadier @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:
Happy Holidays everyone! I'm so excited I could be part of ZU's first Secret Santa!!!

I was asked to build Rotom-Fan bulky offense/bulky voltturn. I love VoltTurn as a playstyle, and momentum is really good right now and not all that difficult to grab, so I was excited. I don't think the team ended up as bulky as Author_Pendragon would have liked, but I hope you enjoy the voltturn aspect of the team!

View attachment 149083

Rotom-Fan @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Air Slash

I've been enjoying Specs Fantom immensely recently, but I also love slow voltswitches on voltturn, so I opted to use PhysDef for this team instead. With Aguav, you fake choice easily, until you want to reveal the Will O' Wisp and burn someone's pesky Evire or Golem. Aguav is also probably my favorite item in the game on bulky mons with no recovery (Granbull, Fantom, Sandslash, etc), because they are seldom in for long and switch in a lot over the course of the match. With Fantom's excellent bulk and constant switching into rocks, proc'ing the berry is no problem, and is very helpful in turning situations around.

Admittedly, bulky Fantom isn't as good as it used to be, but it still does its job of burning physical threats, defogging, and providing slow momentum (especially important in the age of Silvally-Water). I do find myself wishing I had HP Grass or something for Golem sometimes, but you just have to settle for burning them and defogging away their hazards most of the time.

One thing I've noticed while playing with this team is that I have to be very careful not to let Fantom die too early, while their physical threats are still alive (especially Monferno, Electivire, and Combusken). Because this team is more offense-oriented, you really have to choose when to sack your mons (as seen in some of the replays, where I play terribly and lose embarassingly).

View attachment 149085

Every voltturn team needs an abusive breaker who instantly makes your opponent break into a cold sweat. Rampardos does this, both literally and figuratively.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Blizzard

Rampardos is extremely scary, and reaches 215 speed with Adamant. This is enough to outspeed most of the slower defensive mons in the tier, especially ones that don't like to run +spe nature (Golem). With Sheer Force, Rampardos has no problem demolishing the entire defensive metagame.

I originally had Rock Polish over Blizzard, but I found myself wanting to look for opportunities to set up and clean, rather than break, and was also just a tad too weak to Tangela and Gourgeist to my liking (Fire punch is good, but not enough when you're toxic'd or leeched).

You'll see in the replays that, when I play well, Rampardos is a huge force to be reckoned with, and, when I neglect him, I generally lose. Treasure this mon. He's a good boi.

The next mon was really difficult for me, but I finally settled on Cradily, because it defensively answered the team's need for a soft Floatzel check and also acted as a band-aid for the team's glaring Rock weakness. Don't get me wrong, it's not living a +2 Edge from Lycan (thanks a lot, Quagg -.-), but it can fill in when you just need to not get bopped.

It's ironic that I picked Cradily, because it's the mon I gave my Secret Santa to build around because I can't seem to use it very well, but it fits in pretty well here as a blanket check. Toxic is also greatly appreciated, as are rocks (duh). Giga finishes off those Golems who have lost the will to live because Fantom burned them. I seem to always predict my opponents to expect Giga and switch out, but they never do....

Anyways, Cradily is the SpDef glue of the team and the sole rock resist. You'll still be weak to LO/Fight-Z Special Busken, but you have a few tools to deal with that.

View attachment 149086

At this point, I needed a Special attacker with some inherent bulk and the ability to pivot. Enter: Silvally-Electric! STAB Thunderbolt is insanely strong, and between its other coverage options, you can hit most of the tier for super-effective damage.

Modest Nature
- Parting Shot
- Grass Pledge
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

The original set had Ice Beam over Grass Pledge, but I found that I didn't really need the extra coverage. Altaria was already handled by other mons on the team (Ramp, Froggy), and I found Golem switching in a lot on the expected Electric move.

This mon fulfills the role of offensive glue for this team extremely well, especially with its much-needed speed. It also provides a reliable way to KO Swanna, and provides an emergency switch-in (taking 30% from LO Swanna Hurricane) if Cradily is down. Silvally's inherent bulk allows it to tank a couple of neutral hits (or one strong neutral hit) and fire back with the correct move to KO the threat that is undoubtedly threatening to dismantle the rest of your team.

Because it exerts to much offensive pressure and because Parting Shot is such an amazing move, I end up relying on Silvally to provide a lot of my pivoting into Pinsir and Rampardos.

View attachment 149179

I needed a Z-user and have been enjoying Groundium Pinsir immensely recently for its ability to nuke Mareanie and Bronzor, especially with most people expecting Buginium, so I included SD Groundium Pinsir on the team. I know the spread is a bit unorthodox, but the tier is full of strong physical attackers and generally lacking in special attackers, so Pinsir's inherent physical bulk allows it to tank the hits it needs to in order to nuke at least one or two pokemon. Throw in the fact that Pinsir could viably run one of 3 sets right now and you have a very scary Mon to pivot into.

If you don't like the additional hp, you could be normal/boring and make it max speed, but I really didn't find myself in a situation where I felt like the additional speed would have allowed me to keep Pinsir in anyways.

Pinsir @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Finally, I needed a fast scarfer to counter opposing offense and provide revenge-killing threat, preferably with the option of pivoting out. I've been experimenting with Scarf Frog a bit recently, so that's what I went with.

View attachment 149180

Frogadier @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Scarf Hydro does around 75% to Electivire if it connects, and Frog can threaten pretty much everything else in the tier with the correct attack. Gourgeists switching in expecting to eat a Hydro for their Golem find themselves almost OHKO'd by Ice Beam. When you feel like you're about to be out-predicted, click u-turn and get the initiative for your team.

Frog patches a lot of the vulnerabilities of the team, not by providing defensive synergy, but by providing a counter-threat for almost all threats that give the team trouble. Busken or Monferno running amok? Get Frog in after they kill something and KO or grab momentum back. I think you'll enjoy what Frog can do if you give him a chance :)

Is it possible that the cradily dies to +2 Edge because it´s indeed not resisted? :D Don´t worry, I´m pretty sure we all think grass should resist rock ... I know I do.

View attachment 149083

Rotom-Fan @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Air Slash

View attachment 149085

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Blizzard

View attachment 149086

Modest Nature
- Parting Shot
- Grass Pledge
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

The original set had Ice Beam over Grass Pledge, but I found that I didn't really need the extra coverage. Altaria was already handled by other mons on the team (Ramp, Froggy), and I found Golem switching in a lot on the expected Electric move.

View attachment 149179

Pinsir @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

View attachment 149180

Frogadier @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

The team seems really interesting, but I don't see an importable version. I might be wrong though

Is it possible that the cradily dies to +2 Edge because it´s indeed not resisted? :D Don´t worry, I´m pretty sure we all think grass should resist rock ... I know I do.
...touche...

It's probably because I always mentally get rock and ground mixed up, resistance-wise. Ground resists rock, while rock does not. Oops.

THIS TEAM IS VERY ROCK WEAK.

The team seems really interesting, but I don't see an importable version. I might be wrong though
I forgot to put it in; my apologies.

I may update the post with an altered version at a later date, now that I realize how rock-weak it is. I was able to mostly play around it during testing, but it's quite notable. Maybe I'll just DM the updated version to you, when I have time to play around with it some more.

...touche...

It's probably because I always mentally get rock and ground mixed up, resistance-wise. Ground resists rock, while rock does not. Oops.

THIS TEAM IS VERY ROCK WEAK.

I forgot to put it in; my apologies.

I may update the post with an altered version at a later date, now that I realize how rock-weak it is. I was able to mostly play around it during testing, but it's quite notable. Maybe I'll just DM the updated version to you, when I have time to play around with it some more.
Aight. Looking forward to seeing the final version

Got your team zoowi . So the request was to build around Raticate. I picked the sd set because I find it to be the most effective and fun to use.
1544407089013.png

I had to tackle a few problems right away if I wanted to see Raticate late game sweeping. The two largest being: 1.) priority users and 2.) defensively fat pokemon. To fix the problem of priority users I chose Gabite. Gabite has rough skin which chips away at weak attack thrown at it, Gabite also sets up rocks while providing an electric immunity. The problem with priority users somewhat under control for the moment.
1544407118562.png

Next I wanted to add a defensive core that can deal damage to a point where Raticate wins. I picked Grumpig-Gourg core. Grumpig resists fighting and ice which Gabite and Raticate are weak to. The Grumpig-Gourg core is weak to ghost but I will solve this problem later. The core provides defensive and specially defensive synergy able to handle many threats.
1544407144531.png
1544407170236.png

After adding these pokemon the team is pretty passive at the moment and I still want to threaten defensive mons in the tier such as Tangela, Bronzor, Avalugg, and Gourg so Raticate can win in the end. With a z-move slot open I elect to pick Rapidash with Firium Z. Rapidash like Grumpig and Gourg has the ability to stay alive, with the threat of dropping its z-move. Rapidash threatens many of the defensive mons, which are in the way of Raticate sweeping. With the a solid core to fall back to while Rapidash is on the field adds to the chip damage.
1544407201948.png

We come to our final spot. We need a defog user. I am still not 100% comfortable with the team chipping away at defensive pokemon at the moment. In return, I add Shiftry, a pokemon that threatens lead Bronzor, and can knock off any defensive pokemon with success (gourg loses its colbur, crucial for Raticate to sweep). With Bronzor seen on nearly every other team, the threat of leading shiftry benefits the team with early mind games before the match even starts. Shiftry with STAB priority also chips away at fast weaker pokemon which Raticate's sucker punch cannot OHKO. It also gives coverage to the ghost weak Grumpig-gorug core.
1544407217806.png

Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of this team. Originally, the first team I made around Raticate failed, I decided to scrap it and start over. Final notes I would like to make are be careful not to set up too early, be careful of Shiftry defogging as it is quite a frail mon and cannot switch into multiple layers of spikes/toxic spikes with no recovery, and if you face stall make sure you toxic pyku!
Raticate @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 180 HP / 248 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Grumpig @ Mago Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Recycle

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Rapidash @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

https://pokepast.es/ec9741b5e9317722

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-833321713
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-833320324
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-833317999

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)