CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 14 (Closing Thoughts and other things)

How many Pre-evos should Pyroak have?

• None

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • One

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Two

Votes: 73 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they don't count.

Perhaps in another lifetime they can be repaid in hair products, but for now you have done the hardest, yet coolest CAP.

Skrew Infernape, we got a new favorite Fire type.

Hehe I was reading through the previous CAP polls etc to try and get an idea how the project has evolved so far (I only got involved at the playtesting of Rev) and I think there was an idea to name scylant after Cooper wasnt there? Or maybe it was after the person who designed the art in the first place.

Meh!

Anyway I forgot to say before - well done GT you've been a pretty good team leader and very diplomatic when things have gotten hairy too!

Soooooooo how long before the discussion thread for the Next CAP starts?!?!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Do ppl think he is really overpowered? 95 for a Base Special Attack isn't that great unless you get Nasty Plot, so why do ppl beleive he is almost too good?

Growth is his only Special Boosting move. Charge Beam would have been nice...

I think he is fairly average, which is great because he is a fun and fair pokemon, and remember he is weak to SR.
That means nothing. People pack a spinner anyways for Syclant. Also, it's not all about boosting. This thing can afford to 3hko things because it's so damn defensive.

Soooooooo how long before the discussion thread for the Next CAP starts?!?!
Short Answer: Soon.
Long Answer: People have to voluenteer, and the committee has to decide on a person.

Also, why didn't we give this thing Haze/Sweet Scent? I just realized that it would have fit pretty good. Too late now, but still...

Someone mentioned we could add Sweet Scent to the preevos move lists if they ever get made (which they will!!). We could do the same with Haze. Maybe even smog?

White Smoke would have fit this guy very well as well, I don't know why someone didnt suggest it during the ability discussion - maybe the Mariguana idea didnt exist then.

If you think about it, it makes sense for the middle evo to learn the dopey moves, as in adolescents lighting up and discovering magic weed :-)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pyroak is now live on the Shoddy server. See the recently-created Pyroak Playtesting thread for more info.

Despite the search for new type combinations, what about reapplications of 'old" typings that were scarcely built upon like water/steel, Bug/Water, Bug/Ground, and the likes?

I had an idea (granted it got labeled as an infraction) for a utility type pokemon unlike the pokemon we generally see ideas for. I personally believe that weather (rain and sun) would prove disastrous when applied to OU

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I actually thought we should make a Water/Bug pokemon to counter all "Skurskit Weak" pokemon. It's not going to pass because we've already done a bug pokemon, and the next one's probably going to be Electric or Poison.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Despite the search for new type combinations, what about reapplications of 'old" typings that were scarcely built upon like water/steel, Bug/Water, Bug/Ground, and the likes?
If it is voted in, we will use it. If for some reason people vote for pure water, we will use it. ALL types are possible.

I had an idea (granted it got labeled as an infraction) for a utility type pokemon unlike the pokemon we generally see ideas for.
We don't let anyone present fully formed ideas here,EVER, you can vote for things that would allow your idea to be created, but you must not post a Pokemon here.
I personally believe that weather (rain and sun) would prove disastrous when applied to OU
Well there are a few things you should do:
1. Test it, don't bother to give opinions based on therymon. And don't make a strong opinion without testing it.
2. Vote against it if after testing you think it would be broken.
3. Present your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)