CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 4

Which concept? (think very carefully!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Decentralizer.

I still like the idea of creating a Pokemon that's designed to do something specific, rather than just to be a tank.
How is being a tank not specific again? It's a legit job to do on a team. Just because it's not some fancy-shmancy attract gimmick doesn't mean it isn't specific.

the difference is that the decentralizer has it's role already set out for it without touching the process, and the tank just tells us that we are designing something with good defense and decent offense.

How is being a tank not specific again? It's a legit job to do on a team. Just because it's not some fancy-shmancy attract gimmick doesn't mean it isn't specific.
It's specific, but it's specific as something that it is rather than as something that it does.

It's reasonably easy to build a successful tank because we all know what that is, but I'd imagine it'll be more of a challenge to design something that does what it was set out to do.

Well, not necessarily, but given that we're supposed to be learning about the metagame, surely some possibility of fucking up is desireable?
using failure as a lesson? it'll definitely teach us something, though i would prefer if we learned something by succeeding.

I would just like to point out that if say, decentralizer wins, it can still be a tank and vice versa. I, personally, voted for the tank.

decentralizer can be a tank, and aims to decentralize ou.

tank has to be a tank and aims to be feasible in ou, which will probably start with taking out top threats. that's one degree of freedom less than the decent. =\

Just for reference, I wrote my concept with the top 5 of regular standard in mind. Even if we use the CAP usages, I don't think we should design this to check CAP Pokemon, simply because the CAP Pokemon shouldn't be forces of centralization and should fit smoothly into the metagame (in theory). Also, their usages are inflated because they are the reason to come to the server, so they obviously will have higher usages than non-CAP Pokemon of the same quality.

that's another discussion, but the fact is heatran is not as powerful a force in cap due to all the ttars+stategems+blisseys. that's just the truth of the matter. if we are decentralizing a metagame, i'd rather do it to the one we are operating within, regardless of skewed statistics.

that's another discussion, but the fact is heatran is not as powerful a force in cap due to all the ttars+stategems+blisseys. that's just the truth of the matter. if we are decentralizing a metagame, i'd rather do it to the one we are operating within, regardless of skewed statistics.
i have to agree with this. we are creating a poke that will be in a specific server, so its aim should be those top 5 rather than those on the standard ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)