Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving on to a different subject, I finally got my first Magnemite swarm! You can find these in the grass outside of the Fuego Ironworks building, right? I'd really like a shiny Magnezone. :pirate:
Magnemite is so annoying. I've used two swarms and still didn't make it to 40 (got to 34 though). I was even using Magnet Pull. So frustrating. Good luck. (shiny Magneton >>>>> Magnezone)

Magnemite is so annoying. I've used two swarms and still didn't make it to 40 (got to 34 though). I was even using Magnet Pull. So frustrating. Good luck. (shiny Magneton >>>>> Magnezone)
I wasn't planning on using a Magnet Pull Pokemon (since I don't already have one), but maybe I will now... >.>

Agreed about Shiny Magneton > Shiny Magnezone.

Magnet pull does help, and if you need one just have a few empty team slots and catch a Magnemite with it. Stay off of the "sparkle" patches because those have Aron. Static isn't good because there are things like Shinx in the area.

I should be able to keep an empty slot for Magnemite, so I guess I might as well do that. My Synchronizers are all low-level, however, so it looks like I'll have to switch out every first turn....

*EDIT*
Phooey, just realized I can't switch out of Magnemite because it'll be caught by the other Magnemite... Meh, guess I'll just use Magnemite until I reach 40, then switch to a Synchronizer...

*EDIT2*
Either I got lucky, or you were just unlucky, but my first chain of Magnemites went straight to 40! Woo!

Bah, I seem to have good luck getting up to 40, but after that something always seems to mess up... >_<

Anyways, I had to try four times, but I finally was able to catch a few shinies without my game messing up, but then I screwed up by forgetting where the patches were and choosing the wrong direction... I have a total of 5 Shiny Magnemite so far, but ironically enough, the first one I caught, which wasn't a shiny, seems to be the best one... Here's the stats of the best three:

#1 - Shiny, Timid
26/x/4/7-9/12/27
Good Speed and HP, but everything else sucks... :( Still, the most important stat IS Speed...

#2 - Shiny, Bold
30/x/28/16/2/19
Speed is a bit meh, especially with a Bold nature,so I probably won't be trapping any Metagross soon... but it has great HP and DEF, and since most Steels that Magnezone will be trapping use physical attacks, this could potentially be worth using.

#3 - Non-shiny, Timid
3/x/2/31/19/27
Perfect SAtk, woo! Unfortunately, this thing can't take a hit at all... The Speed is the same as my Shiny Timid one, though, so the two most important stats are looking good.

The two shinies were caught in Luxury Balls, the non-shiny was caught in a Dusk Ball (I didn't think it'd end up being so good...). I'm probably going to try again, but I figured I'd see what people though of my small pull.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MagicMaster, try sticking a Shed Shell on your Magnemite next time you try chaining them. It makes things a whole lot easier. That, or using Nosepass as your Magnet Puller.

MagicMaster, try sticking a Shed Shell on your Magnemite next time you try chaining them. It makes things a whole lot easier. That, or using Nosepass as your Magnet Puller.
Oh, I don't have any problems getting the chain to 40. It's just that once I reach 40, something always seems to happen...

For instance, on my first chain of 40, I accidentally dropped my DS after catching my second shiny (but before I saved) and it froze... Then on my second chain of 40, my character didn't move enough steps in one direction before changing directions, so I ended up hitting a bad patch... Then on my third chain of 40, I lost track of where the patches were and hit a bad patch... My fourth chain I was able to catch those five shinies, but then I lost track again... And then midnight came so I couldn't chain anymore. :(

My most recent chained shinies are four Swablus...haven't checked IVs on them or anything yet though.

And wow, 152 shinies in one chain, Diesel?!? That's awesome.

I'm going to chain Rhydon to get a good Rhyperior. I'm going to be catching mostly non-shinies (I'll just continue my chain as if I never reach forty). Any suggestions for balls - non-shiny and shiny? Edit: a bit hard to get for the shiny ones is fine, but the non-shiny ones should be easy.

I'm going to chain Rhydon to get a good Rhyperior. I'm going to be catching mostly non-shinies (I'll just continue my chain as if I never reach forty). Any suggestions for balls - non-shiny and shiny? Edit: a bit hard to get for the shiny ones is fine, but the non-shiny ones should be easy.

Just going by the sprite, I'd say Timer or Luxury Balls would work best for the non-shiny version. No idea what would fit best with Shiny Rhyperior, though. :(

Griffin --
I just captured 32 shiny Rhydons a couple weeks back - used Ultras for the most part.

Seeing the shaking patches is a little sketchy up there on Stark Mtn with the haze and falling ash. I found that if I tilted the top screen towards me a little (rather than looking at it straight on), it darkens the grass, increases the contrast a little, and makes it a LITTLE easier to see the shaking patches.

Good luck!

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Griffin --
I just captured 32 shiny Rhydons a couple weeks back - used Ultras for the most part.

Seeing the shaking patches is a little sketchy up there on Stark Mtn with the haze and falling ash. I found that if I tilted the top screen towards me a little (rather than looking at it straight on), it darkens the grass, increases the contrast a little, and makes it a LITTLE easier to see the shaking patches.

Good luck!
Yeah, it was tons of fun for the month I was chaining Torkoals. .__.

Went hunting for shiny Corsola today because they're good for breeding and they were swarming which made it that much easier. Got my chain to 41 but never ran into a shiny patch once and after like ten minutes of resseting my chain just dissapeared. I didn't wander out of the grassy area nor was I in a battle, it just vanished. I thought real time didn't affect chains. Anybody know what happened?

Think I'm going to go for shiny Tyrogue's next, wish me luck, since I obviously really need it.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Went hunting for shiny Corsola today because they're good for breeding and they were swarming which made it that much easier. Got my chain to 41 but never ran into a shiny patch once and after like ten minutes of resseting my chain just dissapeared. I didn't wander out of the grassy area nor was I in a battle, it just vanished. I thought real time didn't affect chains. Anybody know what happened?

Think I'm going to go for shiny Tyrogue's next, wish me luck, since I obviously really need it.
Were you on the edge of grass?
Did all remaining patches of shaken grass disappear from being onscreen while walking/running back and forth, recharging?

No I was pretty close to one patch and another was in viewing distance and I was one over from the edge. So not right on it, I was really pissed off, shiny Corsola's look sick.

I finnaly got to forty in my Magnemite chain. I'm only catching the Magnet rise ones so I don't get dissapointed by a really good sturdy one. I hope I get the goods with him. Dive Ball by the way

I am going to chain me a Shiny Bronzor. Any tips? I am going to use a Magnet Puller. I got to 40 once and got 1 Shiny but sadly it was Rash (Sassy Sync). What ball should I catch it in? Dusk ball looks pretty cool. Wish me luck!

Hey all.

Been a while since I chained anything but yesterday I was randomly checking through old Pokés and found this one from my first ever proper chain;

Jolly - Cute Charm
24 / 28 / 15 / 0 / 30 / 24

I was lucky with the nature as well. I know Delcatty isn't the best Poké around, but not a bad result, eh? :)

You should use it as a Special Sweeper. :P

Really, though, that's a pretty good pull, especially if you weren't using a Synchronizer.

I got Corsola for my swarm today, so I'm gonna go hunt some shiny ones. Unfortunately, I only have 3 Dive Balls. :( Would it be worth the time to import a few more from the Pal Park (I have 3 different GBA carts, although I'm not very far in one of them and have no idea where I am in the other), or should I just use Quick Balls instead?

Make sure the pokemon holding the Dive Balls are in the PC of the game you're importing from. At the beginning of the game it says "Migrate from [game]", and it will prompt you to choose the 6 pokemon you want to import. Then your D/P game will start as normal. Just go the the Pal Park ingame and talk to the guy at the counter.

Then you have yourself a wild excursion where you've got to find your pokemon. Here's a guide to where you can find them in the different sections of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)