Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

It has to say caught/defeated if you want it to advance the frame. Sometimes if you don't set it up and you only have one, you're forced to switch from blank to caught to blank etc...you count every other page, each time you view the one with a caught poke. Pretty much it makes you do double the flips for the same amount of advancement.

It has to say caught/defeated if you want it to advance the frame. Sometimes if you don't set it up and you only have one, you're forced to switch from blank to caught to blank etc...you count every other page, each time you view the one with a caught poke. Pretty much it makes you do double the flips for the same amount of advancement.

lol thats exactly my problem.... My Caught Pokemon is between 2 useless Journal Pages.... :/

Goal: I am trying to get an egg to be a specific nature so that I can work on its IVs.

Problem: It is not working.

Method Used:
-Start game, note time, input to initial seed finder in RNG Reporter.
-Catch random wild pokemon, input to initial seed finder.
-Get Initial Seed.
-Change "Method" on front page to "DPPt Egg PID (Normal)" (since I am using two pokemon that I caught myself)
-Change Nature to Jolly, leave everything else
-Click Generate
-Right click one of the results to find happiness taps and coin flips
-Tells me 0 taps and 0 flips and "SWITCH TO HAPPINESS CHECKER ONCE BUT DO NOT TAP", so I do that
-Fly back to Daycare, input pokemons, bike around until he has an egg, save in front of him
-Grab egg, bike around until it hatches to check nature
-Nature is wrong... :(
-Tried again, it told me one tap, 2 flips, so I did that
-Nature wrong agian... :(

My SID doesn't matter if I'm not looking for shinies, right? Because I left that blank... because I don't know it...

Thanks for any help,
Aip

hi ppl im doing the RNG hatching abuse with the perfect Ivs. My problem is i did the coin flips and im trying to target my frame and delay and all of that but when i went to the adjecent list that i have i found 3 rows of the same flips that i did in the ds what does this mean?

hi ppl im doing the RNG hatching abuse with the perfect Ivs. My problem is i did the coin flips and im trying to target my frame and delay and all of that but when i went to the adjecent list that i have i found 3 rows of the same flips that i did in the ds what does this mean?
You could have hit any of those seeds. There is no reason to check the adjacent spreads unless you want to know how off you were with your delay/seconds/frame.

i recently found my sid so i started using the rng method and the only method so far i have learned is the international breeding method( and completed it successfully 7 times) but i want to learn how the other methods work and i was wondering if you people could help me get that done

Once you SR and get into your game and the Journal Pops up and it says caught ___ does that advance the frame? If so its plus 2?
EDIT: Thanks, thought i was doing somehting wrong lol guess i just keep miss counting my journal flips -__-

Well, you don't need to worry about frame advancement before you catch your first poke, because that will tell you exactly what frame you are on. I'm not sure what you mean by "everything is set." Nothing is set when you radar except for probably the pokemon type in the patch, that is why you can use the radar, calculate journal flips based on your current frame and how many steps you need to take, and get your spread. And frame 57 is pretty much impossible if you plan on using the radar twice, it takes 50 steps to recharge it alone, unless of course you're using an AR code so you don't have to charge it. But the chances of you radaring and walking into a patch with your target pokemon in one try are not very good. Try to get a different seed for the same spread where the flips are higher. Also, I'm pretty sure Bagon is on a route with a NPC that you cannot immobilize with the Vs Seeker (at least for platinum it is), so that will make this infinitely harder.
Okay, I'll look for a higher frame. But minus that, is my method correct? Also, there is one guy in there that does move, but I can slow him down thanks to my AR for always charged plus pressing start whenever I need to pause, which should keep him still alot more often.

EDIT: Just found a spread that is pretty respectable at 647. Is this good enough, because I don't think I can go much higher and still get good spreads?

Okay, I'll look for a higher frame. But minus that, is my method correct? Also, there is one guy in there that does move, but I can slow him down thanks to my AR for always charged plus pressing start whenever I need to pause, which should keep him still alot more often.

EDIT: Just found a spread that is pretty respectable at 647. Is this good enough, because I don't think I can go much higher and still get good spreads?
Yeah you pretty much just get in game, verify your seed, pokeradar until you catch your desired poke, check its actual frame, then make sure you watch all the patches and calculate the number of steps/turns it takes you to get there and flips you need to do based on how the patches appear. And yes, 647 is a much better frame for doing it this way. You may still go over that though, you'll just have to hit your seed again. The only thing is the NPC will probably be moving around while you're walking to your final patch, so it may be hard to estimate how many times he will move. I'm planning on trying a bagon at some point, so maybe if you have luck with it I'll give it a go.

Question for the Emerald RNGers. What kind of stop watch do you use? I just started doing RNG for bred pokemon using the guide. *Which is amazing and I thank you all for it!*

I've been using the stop watch on my cell phone it has a milliseconds reading but I'm starting to think it's inconsistent. I'm trying to hit 39.85 I adjusted the time based on my results I should be hitting 39.80 to accommodate for the 5 seconds but sometimes I hit that and I'm off even more. So what kind of watch do you guys use? Any tips to help me get this time down?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I understand my Target "FRAME" but not my Target "TIME". My interpretation of Target time, is the time I want to hit continue. For instance, right now(where I live) it is 8:04 .If I had a delay of 620 and the 15 seconds, what'd be my target time? 8:??:??

I just can't get this down, I understand like everything else but how to hit my target time. I've already calibrated and I get a delay of 600-620, so how do I figure out how to hit my Target time.
??? you described it accurately. Your target time is the time you need to hit continue in order to "hit your seed" (which varies from RNG project to RNG project). Your target time is usually found by "Generating Times"...

I believe I recall reading something awhile back about being able to get a normally high frame on a much lower one if you increase your delay... can someone elaborate on this, please? I thought the delay, along with the DS date/time, only determined the seed...

I believe I recall reading something awhile back about being able to get a normally high frame on a much lower one if you increase your delay... can someone elaborate on this, please? I thought the delay, along with the DS date/time, only determined the seed...
For your shiny spread/spread for Method J Pokemon, increasing your delay when looking for your list of spread might give you a lower frame
So when using Wichu's programme to look for any spread, putting on a high delay in your search might result in your frame of a particular spread to decrease.

Im not sure if I explained it properly, nor do I know the technical aspects but I hope it helps a bit.

For your shiny spread/spread for Method J Pokemon, increasing your delay when looking for your list of spread might give you a lower frame
So when using Wichu's programme to look for any spread, putting on a high delay in your search might result in your frame of a particular spread to decrease.

Im not sure if I explained it properly, nor do I know the technical aspects but I hope it helps a bit.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. The spread I was looking for had a frame of over 10,000 (for methods 1 and J), so I'd definitely be interested if there was a way to get that down to something reasonable.

I'm trying to abuse Turnback Cave Giratina with a fainted synchronizer in the 1st slot of my party + 5 other pokemon, and the second on my party is a shiny. I got an even frame - 64 - and I saved facing away from Giratina, so when I turn to battle it, I even the frame; that gives me 62 frames to advance, or 31 journal flips.

I did the coinflips to verify my seed, I did the 31 journal flips, turned, battled, captured it, but when I checked the IV's, it came straight from frame 37 !?

I'm trying to abuse Turnback Cave Giratina with a fainted synchronizer in the 1st slot of my party + 5 other pokemon, and the second on my party is a shiny. I got an even frame - 64 - and I saved facing away from Giratina, so when I turn to battle it, I even the frame; that gives me 62 frames to advance, or 31 journal flips.

I did the coinflips to verify my seed, I did the 31 journal flips, turned, battled, captured it, but when I checked the IV's, it came straight from frame 37 !?
Well first of all, turnback cave giratina is in a quiet room, so turning won't advance anything. You should have 5 pokemon only in your party and do 128 steps to advance 5 frames. I don't know how you could get frame 37 though if you really did do 31 journal flips...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)