Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hi, Im new here and just started using RNG.

Everything looks ok when it comes to frames and delays, but my time always seems messed up. Looking at the guides, it should be around 15, but I've been getting results such as 52, 28 35, and 40. Ive been doing everything as fast as possible but these times just dont look right.
Are you being extra, extra careful to put the right...
1)Date
2)Time (24hr not 12)
3)Ability
4)Nature
5)Characteristic
6)Stats

When I accidentally type something wrong or accidentally put in the wrong time even by a minute or two, I've gotten results like that before...

Are you being extra, extra careful to put the right...
1)Date
2)Time (24hr not 12)
3)Ability
4)Nature
5)Characteristic
6)Stats

When I accidentally type something wrong or accidentally put in the wrong time even by a minute or two, I've gotten results like that before...
Date seems ok
Hours seem ok
Ability doesnt matter since my pokemon only has one ability. If I have to mark something then that could be a problem
Nature's good
Characteristics and stats: Im checking by Ivs if that means anything.

The delays are in the early 600's and the frame has always ended up being 5, but the seconds just goes all over the place.

If there's hail, no (I can't remember if there is or not). Sweet scent won't work either, you have to use the pokeradar. Of course if there's not hail then you don't have to worry about that.

I really dont know if this is the correct spot to post this but id figure it wouldnt hurt.

recently i did some tests on catching great marsh pokemon, as nobody has done this before (probably because its damn hard :P) and i figured it would help others if i would post my findings.

first of all, you will want to stand directly in front of the spot where the person asks you if you want to enter the great marsh, when you do one step it wont count as a step, then after talking and answering "yes" to enter the great marsh, then the game will do 5 steps for you and after that you are in the marsh. these steps dont count as real steps according to the step application so im reasonably sure that they wont mess with the frames.

then, when you enter you will notice 2 npc's and they move a lot :P this is the reason why great marsh pkm are so hard to abuse (i'd say its impossible to do on a regular cart because its so hard to hit your target frame)

anyway when you move in the swamp you will likely sink into it. at that point your X or Start will freeze which means you cant go to your bag or anything like that. you'll have to move left and right until you are on top of the swampy patch, at that point your X should work which means you are able to use sweet scent at that point.

the big problem however is that moving left and right will advance the frame too :P

so how can we catch great marsh pokemon then?

well its not THAT hard if you are using save states

first of all you need a spread with a high frame (+ 500 gives you enough time to stand in the grass and check your frame a few times)
this is mainly because the npc's advance the frame quickly, in my test I had hit frame 415 after 30 seconds without advancing the frame with journal flips.

the idea is to save state somewhere before your target frame ( you can use sweet scent to catch a pkm, then check its iv's to see which frame you landed on) then save state if you are before your target frame and then keep loading the save state until you encounter the pokemon you want.

hope this helps anyone, i highly doubt someone can do this without AR and save states, but it would be really cool if someone is able to do it without it.

if so let me know :D

I wasted over 100 tries one time while experiencing the same problem you are now. I was shooting for six but kept getting 7s. So I switched to 7 and started getting straight 6s, etc... Just start the game, wait a few seconds and save again to get a new frame. Worked for me.
I have noticed that certain NPCs in Solaceon are more active at different times on the DS

This here happend whenile I was breeding my Hidden Power ICE Eevee/Jolteon

The Frame was a real problem as unseen people like to move durring the daylight moving it up to 5 when I needed 4, and they didnt want to move durring evening when i found a spread with a frame of 7 and I kept getting 6 as they didnt want to move then... Was able to eventually find a frame that was 6 durring the evening times thankfully...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I have noticed that certain NPCs in Solaceon are more active at different times on the DS

This here happend whenile I was breeding my Hidden Power ICE Eevee/Jolteon

The Frame was a real problem as unseen people like to move durring the daylight moving it up to 5 when I needed 4, and they didnt want to move durring evening when i found a spread with a frame of 7 and I kept getting 6 as they didnt want to move then... Was able to eventually find a frame that was 6 durring the evening times thankfully...
Hmmmm.... so are you suggesting that it has to do with the time of day? I didn't happen to pay attention to that in my case...

A lot of the times on here, I see people who have spreads for like legendaries that I can never get with the programs. Does it depend like if you use the wichu program or not?

A lot of the times on here, I see people who have spreads for like legendaries that I can never get with the programs. Does it depend like if you use the wichu program or not?
Both program will produce the same results. With Wichu's program, it goes faster and it finds every spread possible regardless of the frame. If you put your frame in RNG reporter to 20000, you would also get every spread, but it would take forever.

So I guess certain people (like a possible expert), are willing to go that extra mile I suppose.
Actually, spreads can be found at higher delays but lower frames. EE is one of the best (the best that I know of) at hitting a higher delay outside your delay range, which is why he is able to find spreads also.

So If my usual delay is 602, it's possible to do 630? How would that even work? Would you just hang around on the continue screen until the time comes?

The analysis for the lead (Stealth Rock) Azelf recommends a 31/31/31/31/28/31 Naive spread, but the frame on that one is over 10,000. The next best one would be the 30/31/31/31/31/31 Naive spread, right?

Ok I've been trying to get a spread for HP Fighting for a Bold nature, and nothing works. I've used these ivs in wichu:

31/31/30/30/30/30
30/30/31/30/30/30
30/31/30/30/30/30

I've also used random things, but I still get no spread. I have even increased my minimum delays from like 595 to 3000 and nothing.

The analysis for the lead (Stealth Rock) Azelf recommends a 31/31/31/31/28/31 Naive spread, but the frame on that one is over 10,000. The next best one would be the 30/31/31/31/31/31 Naive spread, right?
Did you try increasing the delay to make the frame go lower? =o

I usually search 595-3000, and you never get a spread over 1000 frames, usually under 300. Of course you have to be good with emloop to do this. I've also found that for me with delays of 2000+ I usually have to add 6 or so to the delay entered into emloop to consistently hit my delay. I don't know why this is, maybe the DS clock is very slightly different from a normal clock, and the difference can only be seen over a longer period of time.

Hi
I'm new here and I have a question, will this ever get released for Mac? I'm a Mac user and I don't have a Windows program so I can't use BootCamp currently but I know my SID so I was wondering if it is possible to get this to work on Mac. Thank you!

I usually search 595-3000, and you never get a spread over 1000 frames, usually under 300. Of course you have to be good with emloop to do this. I've also found that for me with delays of 2000+ I usually have to add 6 or so to the delay entered into emloop to consistently hit my delay. I don't know why this is, maybe the DS clock is very slightly different from a normal clock, and the difference can only be seen over a longer period of time.
Ah, I tried what you did and ended up getting the 31/31/31/31/28/31 spread with a frame of only 131! Thanks! Now comes the hard part, hitting a delay of 1992...

EDIT: Is that really better than the 30/31/31/31/31/31 spread, though, even with a more physically-oriented metagame?

Ok I've been trying to get a spread for HP Fighting for a Bold nature, and nothing works. I've used these ivs in wichu:

31/31/30/30/30/30
30/30/31/30/30/30
30/31/30/30/30/30

I've also used random things, but I still get no spread. I have even increased my minimum delays from like 595 to 3000 and nothing.
Can anyone help me with this? The still can't give me a spread.

Hmmmm.... so are you suggesting that it has to do with the time of day? I didn't happen to pay attention to that in my case...
That what I had encountered in breeding on my Platinum game. I'm just guessing some NPCs are just more active at different times by their programing.

I usually try to save when the 2 NPCs that you can see have stopped moving, but theres the 3 that you cant see, but time of day was able to stop the other 3 that you cant see in Solaceon.

Because of that I had to settle on my HP ICE Jolteon IVs being 31/22/30/31/31/31 instead of the 31/30/30/31/31/31 I was trying to get orginally, but at least both are HP ICE 70.

The moving NPCs and time of day do finally explain when the first time I used RNG to breed my frame was 7 and recently it had seemed to drop to 4.

I found it in Aeolus' Hidden Power thread for fighting. I can't access the breeding guide for Hidden Powers, so I'm at a loss.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I found it in Aeolus' Hidden Power thread for fighting. I can't access the breeding guide for Hidden Powers, so I'm at a loss.
Aeolus' Hidden Power Guide does not address which IV/Nature combinations are legal. Additionally, there is still the question of why you would want that high an attack. You really don't need that, and reducing the requirement for attack will give you move possibilities and most likely one at a lower frame/more reasonable delay.

Why can't you access the breeding guide? I ask because with the ingame expansion, some of the articles have been moved. If the article is linked from somewhere in particular I can likely fix the link.

Also, there is metalkids hidden power calculator (google for this).

And finally, to check on whether a spread is even legal you can use the IVs to PID function function in RNG reporter or X-Act's online IVs to PID applet located here: http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)