Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi
I'm new here and I have a question, will this ever get released for Mac? I'm a Mac user and I don't have a Windows program so I can't use BootCamp currently but I know my SID so I was wondering if it is possible to get this to work on Mac. Thank you!
I asked this previously, but sorry to sound impatient, but can I please have an answer? Thank you :)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I asked this previously, but sorry to sound impatient, but can I please have an answer? Thank you :)
Yes. Current options are to purchase me a macbook pro (PM me for details and specs of the machine I want, don't worry I will keep the cost around 1,500 dollars) or to go to rngreporter.codeplex.com and download the source code and do a port to get it working under mono (which will work on wine on the mac).

Just wondering, when I'm trying to hit the spread for certain IVs for breeding, can I enter the seed into the "Seed to Time" box to get other times whilst keeping the same frame etc?

how does the wondercard's pid change every time?? how can i get different nature for my wondercard pokemon supposing I'm using the same save state after i hit my target time??

how does the wondercard's pid change every time?? how can i get different nature for my wondercard pokemon supposing I'm using the same save state after i hit my target time??
Wondercard pokemon's PID run continually like emeralds RNG. So, you can save state after you hit your target IVs and are talking to the guy. The IVs will always be the same, but the nature will keep changing, allowing you to get any spread with any nature.

Anything that roams after you talk to it is method 1. A stationary legend is method j or k (depending on the game, k for hg/ss), and given pokemon to you are method 1, if their IVs aren't already predetermined.

Shit, that explains why my Flawless Latias isn't popping up. Do the spreads change with the Method?

Method K is a form of method 1 spreads. It is a sped up method 1 that skips certain frames/spreads. I can't explain all the details, but the first post would have it if you wanted to know more about it.

Just wondering what the max delay that the PokeRNG can search is. I've been using 50000, even though they highest delay I've found is 5000. Just didn't want to be missing anything.

I have a problem with Latias on HG.
I switched from Method K to Method 1, just as LightningFusion said. I saved inside the Pokemon Fan Club, so when I step outside the guy who tells you about Latias stops me. I hit my frame inside, then walk outside, but when I go get Latias, no dice. What am I doing wrong?

I have a problem with Latias on HG.
I switched from Method K to Method 1, just as LightningFusion said. I saved inside the Pokemon Fan Club, so when I step outside the guy who tells you about Latias stops me. I hit my frame inside, then walk outside, but when I go get Latias, no dice. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry, forgot to mention latias' starting frame isn't 1. It varies from 7/8/9. we aren't sure what frame it is or what causes it.

Can you explain that a little bit more? Do I have to subtract 7/8/9 from the frame I'm supposed to get?
Yea. Just like any other legendary's starting frame being 1 or 5, this one is 7,8, or 9. So if you can, make a save state before releasing lati@s like 20 frames before your target. Then go from there.

You can make a save state like that? Wow, I'm retarded. So if I save state on my seed, I don't have to hit it over and over again right?
Also, how do I know if it's starting frame is 7,8 or 9?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
LF, not to be retarted, but can you get Latias w/o states? Just you know, try it and capture to verify like 20 times till you get it right?

LF, not to be retarted, but can you get Latias w/o states? Just you know, try it and capture to verify like 20 times till you get it right?
Isn't is retarded?

Pretty much, you have to hit your seed, and attempt to go with the frame 7 target, and if you are over/under by x, just hit your seed again and aim for that instead, correcting for the mistake.

You can make a save state like that? Wow, I'm retarded. So if I save state on my seed, I don't have to hit it over and over again right?
Also, how do I know if it's starting frame is 7,8 or 9?
That's the whole point of save states xP
And you check. Enter the game, hit your seed, press X (sometimes my games freezes if I don't save state with the menu open, go figure) and save your state. Now get out and check Latias frame (Do not advance!). It's quite easy, really.

By the way, Latios respawns on frame 8.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Isn't is retarded?

Pretty much, you have to hit your seed, and attempt to go with the frame 7 target, and if you are over/under by x, just hit your seed again and aim for that instead, correcting for the mistake.
Ha! I'm such a retart! XD

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm gonna put an old amp up on Craigslist so I can import HG. Where's a "reliable" place to import it? I'm not trying any of that ebay crap. I got a fake Fire Red from there once. :(

Hi everyone. I'm a total noob at this but I figured I'd ask anyway. I didn't know much about RNG, so I decided to read your guide. I'm trying to use the RNG method to get a good WonderCard Pokémon.

Following Part 5 of the guide on the website I got through the initial Calibration phase. Then I got to the "Selecting a Spread and Generating a Target Time" section and had no idea what I was supposed to do, or where on the RNG Reporter I'm supposed to enter it.

I tried to put the Initial Seed of the IV Spread I want into the Seed To Times/Adjacent Finder. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not. One thing that threw me off a bit was when I did this I noticed the delays I got were a bit higher than what I was nabbing in the calibration phase.

Any help for a noob would be nice but if you'd rather flame me for making mistakes feel free!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)