CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stratagem and Syclant's walljump works like this: You have to jump back to the wall behind you. As soon as you touch the wall, jump up+forward in the opposite direction.

Also, yeah, Pyroak's cannon is on my list of aesthetic changes for the next iteration. I'll be giving myself more time for those kinds of concerns, considering there's currently only three more CAPs that need to be added.

I'm really glad people have taken a liking to this game. I'll be signing off now, so I won't be able to respond to any more concerns for now. Thanks a lot for trying CAP Battle, I look forward to seeing more of you online in the future!

Do you have to download Lunaport for it to work? Because I downloaded
this and then I tried downloading CAP Battle but nothing happened. Nothing showed up where I saved them, even with "Show Hidden Files" checked.

Forgive me for taking my computer problems here, but I'm a bit of a computer idiot. Is that Lunaport ok? (I have your version 0.2 with the fixed Lunaport). Like I said, when I downloaded Shoddy I had the same problems only I knew that typing

javaws http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.exe (ignore the fact that it's a link)

in "Run" made it work. So if you have the Run code, that'd be great,
or if you have anything that could help me I'd appreciate it.
Again, sorry for troubling you with my computer problems.

EDIT: the download link location, maybe proceded by "lunaport" or something?

Also there is the fidgit bug where music goes away when you press down+medium punch (I believe the combo is that), which is a shame: I liked the music :(

Othervise, this is incredible for a version 0.2! can't wait till this has become 1.0 if it goes so far.

EDIT: Just noticed that V0.2 is up, downloading it right now, I edit this if they doesn't apply anymore

EDIT2: When I downloaded V0.2, no sign of the combination problem I mentioned, though I didn't change controls either. And I guess it's some lag from my part, though it it works much better now.

You choose things with the punch buttons. (j,k,l default) If it doesn't work the first time you press them, it could be lag on your part. The arrow buttons (w,a,s,d default) move the cursor, and then the punches enter your selection.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad that Stratagem is getting a boost, he's definitely my favourite even though I can't get the hang of paleo wave - and just a couple of things here you might want to bear in mind for the next release, definitely not anything major or rushing you into a rerelease.

- Pyroak's Stage Music: It seems just a tad too loud compared to the rest
- Strategem's Paleo Wave: When I have actually managed to execute it there's no accompanying sound, although this may have been done on purpose.

I love this ;)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is really great, Cartoons! I've only played a little bit, but I've loved all the characters so far.

I realize this IR subforum is fairly low-traffic, and this program may not be getting enough exposure here. If you want to cross-post, link, or outright move this into the CAP forum, you are more than welcome to.

Thanks for making this game, Cartoons! I know you have been working on it for quite some time. I'm glad to see it's a big hit!

Alchemator

Stratagem is good now, but not overpowered - nice fix :D

I've managed to get up to the final boss, it's very hard :(

EDIT: Almost beat him, but he did the body slam thing D:
EDIT2: SHOOP DA WHOOP I BEAT HIM WITH STRATA HURRAH!
EDIT3: Thanks for the advice pink, but 15 seconds late lol, fancy an online game?

Alchemator, keep your distance. Remember that you can backwards dash. This will help you dodge the grabs he does and punish him for missing. Also, note that some of the grabs are started by an attack. One high, one low. You can block them so you don't get thrown around. Good luck!

Damn, I can't get the combos on this game, so I'll never get to see this super secret final boss *cries*

Anyway, fantastic game.

Alchemator

Anyone fancy a game online? Although I can't seem to figure it out lol D:

EDIT: Lol I've been playing the first version all this time rofl

Thanks, Doug.
I hesitated to post this in the CAP forum as it's really just an offshoot project that doesn't have anything to do with CAP as most people understand it. But a cross-post or link from the CAP forum to here would be incredible, if even for just a little while.

Wombat, while the link you provided does go to the correct version of Lunaport, I would like to discourage downloading it from an outside source. The version of Lunaport I provide already has all the settings formatted to make it work with my game, and everyone else's who has the same version. I'm afraid if you download Lunaport from somewhere else and put it in the game folder, you'll find it won't be able to read the game because the default settings are not the same.

As far as getting a specific Run code...I'm not really sure what is required to get that to work. When you download the file, it'll run a self-unzipping executable. It'll ask where you want to put all the files and will create a new folder there with everything you need inside. I suggest downloading it again, and choosing an easy to find location for it to unzip to. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'll be hosting a game for the next little bit if anyone wants to play. Remember to run on V.02, available for download on the first page if you haven't already.

Would it be possible to lower the time it takes Arghonaut to use Bulk Up? You can knock the opponent as far away as possible and do Bulk UP asap, but they will still almost always manage to come back and hit you, which usually leads to them comboing you, which makes bulk up even worse than Encore as a special.

I'll take that into consideration. It's tough line to balance because I don't want the Bulk Ups to be too easy to get up either.

Also, my apologies to the Arghonaut player I just played. You actually seem really good, but we're probably located very far from each other as the lag was hard to get around.

That was me :P and thanks, the lag is probably because I'm in Finland, and IIRC, you are in America, right? But still, it was a fun, though the combos were hard to time in the lag >_>

I'll take that into consideration. It's tough line to balance because I don't want the Bulk Ups to be too easy to get up either.
I understand. Maybe just cut 1-2 seconds off it? As of now the only time I managed a complete bulk-up was after executing Revenge since they are stunned for a good amount of time.

Also just out of curiosity how big is the boost?

Let's say a normal punch does 8. How much will that same punch do with 1,2, and 3 bulk ups?

Is it just me or does the game glitch up when anyone tries to do a battle? I try to watch them, but nothing happens, I return to the lobby all the time

EDIT: restart of LunaPort seemed to help >_>

ggs, Exarius, BynineB, and Obsessed.

I wish we could get a better connection Ex, I'd really like to play you more, but it's difficult over this distance.

Bynine, that's wierd. I didn't have a similar problem. What version of Lunaport are you using?

I thought we had a pretty smooth connection, Obsessed. Your Argh's got a pretty solid defense.

That's wierd about the spectating, Ex. It's possible one or two of us had spectators disabled.

..also just noticed I wasn't recording any of those matches...damn...and after my nifty Syclant combo into Super.

Finally, Bulk Up boosts defense by 10% each time, and adds one point of damage to each attack. This includes moves that have more than one it to them, like the mach punch and cut which hit twice each. so +1,+1 then +2,+2..+3,+3

GG Cartoons, I wish that we could have better fights too :( somebody in Europe here that fancy a match maybe? =)

Also I watched a couple of the battle you guys had. Very good matches, all of ya

Looks like we got a much better connection this time. I just had to set the input delay higher than usual, and we got a better connection than I do with some people in North America. It's a pity we finally timed out, but those we some really great matches. You're probably the toughest Arghonaut I've faced yet.

edit: I think I'm all battled out for now. I'll probably be on later tonight, or tomorrow. If anyone else want to battle Exarius though, get online and play! He's got a surprisingly robust connection and a great game.

Wow, thanks O_o Those games were really good, yes, both connection and fighting, though I had also turned of Firefox, but had to return to see who I had fought. Want some more? ;)

EDIT: I'll be up for a fight during the next 15 mins (then I go to bed), but somebody else got to host, I'm not sure how you do it with my internet :p I'll come and fight tomorrow though ;)

EDIT2: Tried to do battles with Obsession, but we couldn't connect. Froze when we had to choose a CAP. Well, lets hope we can connect when I come home from school tomorrow.

Ugh, whenever I look at the lobby games there never are any games (at least I don't think there is, how do you know?). Do I just have bad timing, or is it probably a mistake on my part?

I'd like to voice my objections to making the time for using Bulk Up less. Bulk Up is a great ability, and if you can catch an opponent in the air with a Strong Punch, flinging them into the wall and causing the cripple animation, you have a lot of time to get a Bulk Up in. This happened to me twice today against a computer, and Pyroak's SolarBeam did less thank 25% to his HP, which is pretty amazing. Not to mention his attacks hit even harder. I think the time for it is pretty perfect. It takes a while, but the boost you get from it makes Arghonaut much better every time you use it.

I'd like to voice my objections to making the time for using Bulk Up less. Bulk Up is a great ability, and if you can catch an opponent in the air with a Strong Punch, flinging them into the wall and causing the cripple animation, you have a lot of time to get a Bulk Up in. It takes a while, but the boost you get from it makes Arghonaut much better every time you use it.
Are you sure? My opponent always seems to get up just in time to hit me...

Oh and does the Bulk Up boost activate once the screen shakes, or once you can perform another action? If it activated when the screen shakes then I say keep Bulk Up as is.

Oh and Pink would you like to try starting an online match?

To anyone: I am hosting as of now. Hopefully it will work. If not then someone else could try hosting.

Man, I can't even get through the game on Breezin'. A practice mode would be nice.

Also, in general, would the ideas of counters work? Loosely based on types. Pyroak would be hit harder by Strata, just to make sure that no character is significantly better than the rest. I'm lookin' at you Metaknight and V-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)