CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good matches Cartoons!. I was getting some annoying lag. It wasn't horrible, but when I was playing Pyroak it was basically impossible to combo... I couldnt ever get the uproot to Flamethrower combo out because flamethrower would come out at a punch. The game lagged on the second hit of uproot, so it wouldn't recognize the flamethrower input. Also, the lag messed with the timing for the charge attacks. Most likely my horrible internet's fault. It didn't help that I got an IM right in the middle of a fight too... I can't wait for a practice mode so I can get better combos going though.

Yeah, it's tough because every match online requires an adjustment to your timing. Good games, anyhow. I'm getting better at blocking that damn Solarbeam, eh?

Yeah. You only got by it once. I love the animation on Solarbeam though. Especially Pyroak's face and tufts of grass when he does it. Just an absolutely epic pose. I'm going to try setting it up so I can host. I'll let you know how that goes. If it works, maybe we can try it out.

EDIT: I can't access my school's router to make it accept port 7500. So, it looks like I won't be hosting anything while at college. Sorry guys =/ I'll still join in matches, of course.

Pink, I think you mixed us; I played with Argonaut ;P but I take you on that, I'll be hosting now if somebody wants to watch/play.

EDIT: Who was that Stratagem guy I just fought? We had some real good matches until the timeout :(

Xaq, I had played barely 2 days and I went online. I'd say it's easier to play online, because humans doesn't have those insane reactions of CPU.

Cartoons, I don't know if it's because of me or LunaPort, but it seems very unstable when I try to host. almost all the time it times out when I try to choose Arghonaut. I don't have this when I join games.

EDIT: I'm hosting and waiting now, but if somebody wants to host and have a match, I'm all for it.

Ggs Exarius and Alchemator.

This is the 49th version of Lunaport we're all using. Although it's come a long way from its original incarnation, it still isn't perfect. Every now and then, a new version is released and the netcode is worked on. I'm hoping a future release of CAP Battle can come equipped with a sturdier online component, but for now, it's the best we've got.

Xaqwais. One way I like to use Stratagem is to be really annoying and play hit and run. His Levitate is really quick now and can be used to get out of harm's way or launch incoming aerial attacks. His normal punches and kicks are fairly weak, but quick. A big part of his game is relying on his special moves which deal decent damage, and just try to outmanoeuvre your opponent. What he lacks in power, he makes up for in mobility.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
pkmn_taicho, is the problem Winzip, or the game executable itself?
I too have a mac, and I'm really aching to play this game (it looks so awesome, congrats Cartoons!). The problem is that macs cannot run .exe files. I'd really appreciate if you could fix this, but i also understand if you can't/have other things to do. Thanks and great job!

Thanks, Buffalo, I'll put that in the OP. I don't know if this is the sort of thing Kongregate takes considering it isn't truly a Flash game.

Tacho, if it was you I played just now. We seemed to get a really decent connection for the two minutes and then it sort of fizzled out. I'm not sure what's causing the sudden drop in framerate like that. Also, if you're hosting that match, Gorgoroth is also looking for an opponent.

One thing to note is that it's a good idea, when prompted, to set the input delay to what's recommended.

On a side note.... how do I name myself? I noticed Cartoons! was named cartoons and somebody else was named CaP battler

I posted a guide on the 5th page I believe. Might I suggest posting it in the OP, Cartoons!?

EDIT: it was the 4th, my mistake.

To Change your Username when playing on Lunaport:

1) Open the Folder in which you have UnZipped CAP Battle.
2) Locate the file "lunaport" (in all lowercase. It will be the configuration file.)
3) The second line down should be:
Code:
; Name of player (max. length 512 bytes)
PlayerName=Unknown/CAP Battler
4) After the "=" put in the desired username.
5) Save, and enjoy!

Done. Thanks, Pink.

To the person I'd connected with. I'd left because we'd accidentally gone into Arcade mode.

edit: I'll be back online later.

Woah, final boss is some tough stuff.

Is it just me, or is Strata's Ancient Power run out on purpose? Like, sometimes after I use Levitate (Maybe it has something to do with Levitate, or it just comes later in a match) a couple times, it stop working. Like I'll use Power Gem just fine, but Ancient Power stops working.

That has happened to me with energy ball while using pyroak. I thought I was doing something wrong though, so I didn't think much of it.

Well, I thought that at first, but since I was doing Power Gems, which are the same sequence of keys just fine, I figured something may be up.

Heh, it makes certain matchups very difficult.

Wait, is there an in-air grab? Like, computers always pull it off on me, and I can never get it.

Just posting to say GG, Cartoons, and also that the connection was pretty good, suprisingly. I laughed at the end of that last match, but man, I got pwned pretty bad some of those times.

Yep, ggs, Golbez. Heh, that was awesome. First double ko I've had since release.

You're pretty good at executing those supers, and you're very aggressive which can be tough to deal with. Just need to work on incorporating more of the characters' moves into your approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)