CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble using Syclant? His moves Ice Shard, Fury Attack, and Special buttons overlap and it makes it difficult pulling out the moves that I want. Fury Attacks Forward -> Down -> Forward is sort of a pain pulling off as well. I suppose I'm going to have to change the button layout or something.

I have a similar problem with Stratagem's Paleo Wave. I'd like to use it more and find good situations for it, but if you jump too far over the opponent, you'll just use Power Gem and usually be punished for it.

Power Gem is almost impossible to pull off well, even if you can get it, you'll probably get hit in the air, grabbed by Fidgit or Revenankh, or Flamethrowered by Pyroak. I find the only really reliable special Strata has is Giga Drain, also Toe Job to Retreating Slash (Is amazingly fun against Revenankh)

I've noted the difficulty in performing some if these moves, particularly in Syclant's case and will try to make at least some of the motion requirements more lenient.

In the case of Power Gem though, if you're getting grabbed or Flamethrowered, you're probably using it too close. It was designed as a 'don't follow me' tool, and I've found it useful against the cpu when mounting a retreat.

edit: hostin' if anyone wants a round or two.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A late gg Cartoons!, but yeah you killed me with Revenankh - I won against fidgit but, eh, it's fidgit.

I'd actually like to speak up for Stratagem, in that it was only ever designed to be a hit-and-run character and that's exactly what I use him for as Exarius and Cartoons have already noticed. Although I would prefer sometimes to execute Paleo Wave well, I can just as easily drop down with the strong air and do a retreating kick then start the process again.

Not to mention his wall jump ;)

I loved the surprise boss! Although the stage gave he a real headache (especially the character shadows) it was quite suiting. He had some crazy wall-jumping chain grabs I hated too. Are you maybe going to do some other bosses? There's a certain red tyrant I'm in love with.
I have yet to try lunaport. Do I have to have their IP addresses or do I just go on and play?

Anybody willing to host a game? I badly want to play against a human for a change (hoping it doesn't lag seeing as I'm Australian).

it looks really nice. But I can't download it from MegaUpload as it doesn't support my area(Hong Kong). Can someone please upload it somewhere else(like Mediafire, etc.)?

EDIT: It's okay now. I have found a way around the problem.

@Exclamation Point:
That's weird. I don't have problems throwing of special or Ice Shard, and I odn't use Fury almost at all when I fight with Syclant (which is often, sometimes the game freezes when I try to choose Arghonaut :( )

@Cartoons!
If you are going to slack a bit on the timing on the moves, may I suggest that for Ember on Pyroak? I never get it to work, only one I get is Energy Ball, which is the same but with only 1 attack button (Ember is with 2 for those who doesn't know). Also, are you going to upload some more matches? I got a few replays vs some unknown guy and Alchemator, if you want I can send them to you.

Also, I'm hosting if somebody wants to have a match!

Power Gem is almost impossible to pull off well, even if you can get it, you'll probably get hit in the air, grabbed by Fidgit or Revenankh, or Flamethrowered by Pyroak. I find the only really reliable special Strata has is Giga Drain, also Toe Job to Retreating Slash (Is amazingly fun against Revenankh)
Power Gem is a great move, you just have to stay far away.

Stratagem has a couple different strategies to try. you can stay away and fire Power Gems and Ancient Powers, or you can attack in the air. Of course mixing the two is always good.

For the computers I use these Stratagem strategies.
Syclant: you camp and fire Ancient as his Fury Cutter Uppercut nails Strata. Don't attack in the air often.
Argo: Pretty easy, mix camping with air attacks.
Fidgit: Computer Fidgit rapes you with Snatch to air grab because of it's amazing reflexes. His air grab eats your health. Only attack him from the air if you jump from right next to him to on top of him. Other wise, just fire Ancient Power.
Rev: Easy, like Argonaut. Just don't get to close or Power Whip will take like 1/3 of your health.
Pyroak: This is pretty easy, as you can fire off Power Gems fine if you space away from the Flamethower. Duck under his projectiles, as they both go over you. You can try to levitate past the area where flamethrower hits and hit him in the air as well.
Secret Boss: The only time I win is when I spam Ancient Powers and only attack from the air when I can get over him.

Anyone know any uses of Paleo Wave. I either pull it off, hurt them and get punished or I shoot a Power Gem and get punished.

This is an awesome game, but I can't quite pull off the specials. For instance, is strata's ancientpower S+D+L at the same time, or S, then D, then L, or is it S, then D+L? Is my timing just off, or do I need a different approach? help...

they are quite simple when you understand them. Have you ever played a fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter? and tried to do a combo in them? It's very similar, you need to push the buttons in the order it's shown, like first down, then left, then right and then attack, but it needs to be fast. when you grow used to it, you can do it with no problems. And remember, those are under assumption that you are the fighter on the left. If you have jumped over the opponent, so that you are on the right side, you need to turn the side-buttons around, so the earlier combo would be down, right, left, attack.

EDIT: damn you pink, answer while I write :(

Sick timing, I was about to answer that too!

In any case, if Stratagem has a full meter, use Paleo Wave. When you strike the ground, you can immediately cancel the rest of the animation with Giga Drain. The timing is somewhat strict, but it can do huge damage if the PW hit.

I hosted a game, someone joins determined ping of 60 ms I type in 4 for delay. Then it says:

Running C:/Users/Joe/Desktop/CapBattlelev02/game.exe

Connection lost. No packets recieved for 10s.

GGs, Gorgoroth. You played really well!

I'm not sure what caused the error message we got the first time we tried to play, but I'm glad we tried again. It was a really good connection.

Everytime I have a chance to sign on, no one's there sadly. I'd host a game, but I have to find out our router password and junk.

Unless I'm doing it wrong. I hit the key for view lobby/games and don't see anyone.

Everytime I have a chance to sign on, no one's there sadly. I'd host a game, but I have to find out our router password and junk.

Unless I'm doing it wrong. I hit the key for view lobby/games and don't see anyone.
I'm up for a battle, if you'd like.

Hey, are you planning on implementing Kitsunoh and Cyclohm (and Colossoil) anytime soon?

On another note, you win the official Get A Job Award. Don't be offended, it's highly prestigious. It goes to whoever does useful but non-profitable stuff with their time. Enjoy

I had a small glitch in Arcade mode, its nothing major, but I was playing as Scylant, and I went up to use Blizzard a Revenankh hit me with his Air Strong attack, and I was stopped. Until I killed him later, Scylant left a small brief afterimage, like the Flash moving very fast.

Also, I know getting Kitsunoh and Cyclohm integrated may take a while, but would it be possible to upload any artwork on them? It would be cool to see how you designed them for the game, its like how I loved how you made Strata move, I wasn't expecting it to be so nimble ninja like walking.

This is possibly the coolest thing I've seen on this site.

If you were to dismiss the CAPs as fanmade Pokemon, you could possibly get away with making money off of this..........although trying to get rid of their Pokemon status would be nigh impossible at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)