Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

What seed is the egg on? What is the frame you are aiming for?

Also, what is the delay\date\time of that seed?
******Edit: Never mind, see below.

The seed is D113025F. 19:51:14 12-12-2009 Delay is 598, frame is 49, and should yield a Jolly whatever. I didn't check which frame I hit the first time I messed up but it was Adamant. Second time I hit frame 87, Mild. Checked the PID, I'm sure that's the frame I hit.

Here's exactly what I did. I started out with six pokemon in my party, including the two parents. I saved with the Coin Flip app showing, inside the daycare. I reset and did my time and everything. When I got into the game I confirmed my seed with the ten coin flips. It checked out, so I did the two additional flips that the DPPt Shiny Egg tab said I needed, then flipped to the Happiness Checker app and did the two taps it said I needed there. Then I talked to the lady and deposited the parents, ran around until the guy had an egg, saved, accepted and hatched the egg.

I've done it before the other way where you catch a pokemon to check the seed, but this is new to me and I'm probably just messing up, but I have no idea where.

Never mind, I feel like such a douche. I was doing something else in another game file a couple days ago and still had my ID/SID from that game entered into RNG Reporter :lol: I knew I was just doing something stupid. Thanks anyway, if you hadn't asked for all that info I might not have caught it.

Could I get some advise?
I have tried to get a non shiny, with a spread of 31/31/31/A/B/A,
16 seconds, 18 frame, and 604 delays.
I've been after it for days,
I have been consistently hitting everything,
but no! Even though I've been doing everything right, I cannot get the right delay.
And the really aggravating thing is this.
Twice I got 17 seconds (instead of 16) and I got the proper delay!
Is their something wrong with 16 seconds and 604 delay together?

Do RNG abuse work the same way on HGSS?
I just imported them and have been playing a bit today.
I wanted to start breeding and getting my team together for VGC 10.

Could I get some advise?
but no! Even though I've been doing everything right, I cannot get the right delay.
Whoever answers this (and when/if I get the prejeco)
gets a non-redis version of the breed! (31/31/31/31/31/31 adamant guts heracross)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could I get some advise?
there is real nothing you can do to change it for the delay you just have to keep trying until you hit it if it was higher i would recommend using emloop to hit it. As for the seconds start a second earlier to hit the sixteen if you keep getting seventeen. good luck

Hello

I, on an emulator was playing Pokemon HG. Now I started the game, and I chose my character, and then continued till I got a Pokemon. Now when Kotone, left, I decided to try out Kazo's frame finder program. I did everything just like in the post in the research thread, but the frame it said I was on was frame 1902049837. Why is this? PS I am not using a dump of my BIOS, to speaker in simpler terms I am not using an external BIOS/firmware, could that affect it? I do not know when exactly I started, should I use a dump of my own BIOS? I do not understand why, after walking just a short walk that it would display such a high frame.

BUT WHEN I SAVED AND RESET, THE FRAME WENT BACK DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hello

I, on an emulator was playing Pokemon HG. Now I started the game, and I chose my character, and then continued till I got a Pokemon. Now when Kotone, left, I decided to try out Kazo's frame finder program. I did everything just like in the post in the research thread, but the frame it said I was on was frame 1902049837. Why is this? PS I am not using a dump of my BIOS, to speaker in simpler terms I am not using an external BIOS/firmware, could that affect it? I do not know when exactly I started, should I use a dump of my own BIOS? I do not understand why, after walking just a short walk that it would display such a high frame.

BUT WHEN I SAVED AND RESET, THE FRAME WENT BACK DOWN TO SINGLE DIGITS. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
Not familiar with Kazo's program. Does it handle Method K Frames? They are different than Method J Frames.

trying to fish at the pokemon league and wondering the waterfall affect the frame and also i must minus 4 from my frame also.

frame 1204 slot 0

old rod land a poke

so minus 4 and flip 1200

and place my synchronizer in the beginning of my party am i right?

No wonder I've been missing it!
Also, why would the delay randomly change from get even to odd?
(I didn't insert/take out a GBA game)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No wonder I've been missing it!
Also, why would the delay randomly change from get even to odd?
(I didn't insert/take out a GBA game)
well the delay sometimes does that i know that whehn i rng on diamond the delay shifts from even to odd and vice-versa without me removing or adding a gba game and sometimes even when i do it doesn't change the delay form odd to even, so it just happens sometimes

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Can anyone point me to a guide for RNGing HGSS?
There isn't exactly a "guide" yet. But this is the HG/SS "research" thread. You can get a lot of useful info from there, but pretty much you're on your own, other than asking specific questions here.

From my experience RNGing in HG/SS (Raikou/Entei/Dratini/Ho-oh/Latias/Mew so far)...
1) Download the newest version of the Reporter if you haven't because it has the new HG/SS "Method K" frames.
2) It's mostly about figuring out what works for your specific seed, because a lot of "consistent" methods of advancing the frames in DPPt aren't "consistent" outside of individual seeds anymore.
3) The Radio is a lifesaver. It is "d e c e n t l y" ... >.> ... consistent for advancing your frames.
4) Since there's no coinflip app to check your seed, you usually need to plan out a place to Sweet Scent to check your seed.

Quick question

EDIT: for Egg abuse

Just wanted to confirm that i was aiming for a frame 14 but landed on frame 15 on exact same delay, Would an NPC be to blame.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thanks - i think the culprit is Buneary - the little bastard is to fast lol
The Buneary doesn't affect your frame since it moves at a fixed, controlled rate.

It would be any one of the other NPCs, such as the farm girl and the farm man. If either one of them move, the frame is advanced +1. If you want to fix that, do a re-save so that you have like a good period of time to talk to the old egg man before any of them move.

Also, NPCs out of the screen you are in that move around still affect your frame.

The Buneary doesn't affect your frame since it moves at a fixed, controlled rate.

It would be any one of the other NPCs, such as the farm girl and the farm man. If either one of them move, the frame is advanced +1. If you want to fix that, do a re-save so that you have like a good period of time to talk to the old egg man before any of them move.

thanks i was saving and concentrating on Buneary movements,
that helps alot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)