Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Round 47 (and hopefully the final "round" if this system proves efficient!) of the newly re-redesigned Battling 101 Program!

Here is how the program will work:
  • There are X tutors available
  • When this thread is posted, and people start signing up, the tutors will be assigned to the first people on the list who have matching availabilities (at least two hours of overlap)
  • The rest of the people (# of posters - X) will start filling the queue.
  • When a tutor finishes tutoring his/her tutee, or the tutee becomes inactive, the tutor moves on and will be assigned the next tutee who matches their availability
  • If the queue is too full, signups will be closed for a short amount of time.
  • If you don't want to get tutored anymore, feel free to delete your post. If a tutor sees that you have not been online in over five days, you'll be skipped.
  • Note: Tutors should not teach their student for more than three weeks.
Tutees are required to send in evaluations. These are vital in judging how the tutors do.

Please fill out this application and post it:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the best.

For now, there is no tutee tournament, that may return in the future along with other changes.

IMPORTANT:
YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you MUST be able to use Shoddy Battle.

Assignments:

OU:

Aeroblacktyl
-SevveN (5/10/2010)

august
-apologies (7/24/10)

aziki
-TSi (10/14/10)

Delta 2777

-AzZona (8/26/10)

DJXO9
-for54years (10/14/10)

ENZ0
-danmantincan (9/25/10)

HuntoftheLion
-The Cicada (8/18/10)

Krack

-Amake (4/4/10)

Limitless
-Nestle (3/7/10)

LoveDestiny
-Diesel (5/22/10)

Malfunction
-Contarius (6/18/10)

Mekkah
-Artemesis (4/29/10)

Plus
-Accipender (7/14/10)

Pride
-Doctor Octagonapus (8/26/10)

reachzero
-Rising_Dusk (8/9/10)
-Bobtheball4 (8/9/10)

Reverb
-Requeim[9] (10/21/10)

reyscarface
-TheValkyries (5/27/10)

Scofield

Setsuna.
-Tubaking (8/26/10)

Seven Deadly Sins
-Basics (9/25/10)

SilentEcho

Stone Cold
-RheaJ (9/28/10)

supermarth64
-GaRgAnt (8/3/10)

undisputed
-Blazin Kickin Chicken (10/14/10)
-killadav2007 (10/21/10)

UU:

LonelyNess
-bwebber (5/15/10)

Tennisace

Twist of Fate
-Orcelot005 (5/22/10)

whistle
-Jiovaine11 (8/26/10)

Ubers:

Ace Matador
-UltraSkydive (4/4/10)

Fabbles
-Delko (7/20/10)

Tripe
-Nexus (9/5/10)

Iconic
-Ranigad (10/4/10)

Tutor/Apprentice Program - "Round 47"

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Move to Round 47

Username
: SevveN
Shoddy Username: SevveN
Your timezone: GMT+10, 3:00pm-10:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Team Building in general, but OU and Ubers mainly.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since the adv days, I only started to get decent at that towards the end of that era, and I've never really gotten the grasp of building a great OU team. I believe my strategic thinking and general battling is fine, it's just my team building i'm lacking in.

Assigned to Vashta

Move to Round 47

Username
: _Apocalypse_
Shoddy Username: Doomsday94
Your timezone: GMT+0, 4:30pm-9:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (Team Building and Prediction in particular)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old male who lives in Wales. Seen by a lot of my friends as intelligent and a quick learner, I am always one who likes to try my best to improve. I enjoy playing the guitar, browsing the internet, sport and playing various games, mostly Pokémon. I have been playing competitively for about a year now, though have never really got much further than the basics. I have been an active trader in Wifi until recently, when I decided to take a break to try and learn to battle as well.

Assigned to SilentEcho

Move to Round 47

Username
: thegamer128
Shoddy Username: thegamer128
Your timezone: GMT-6, 9:00pm-12:30am
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in high school, and I've always loved Pokemon. I never learned about competitive battling until last year, and I've learned the basic basics. IV's, EV's, and common types of Pokemon. The problems I have are creating a team on my own, with its own strategy, with its own advantages, etc. I'm lacking originality, enough to create a team to face others on Shoddy, instead of copying a team from the RMT's to "train." I think that idea is ridiculous (my opinion) so I'm trying this program hoping to become a lot better at competitive battling.

Move to Round 47

Username
: Golden Sun
Shoddy Username: Golden Sun
Your timezone: GMT+11, 3:30pm-7:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for a few months now. I think I've learned all that is possible from just battling by myself. My goal is to play for team oceania in the World Cup. i also want to make the leaderoboard or at least break the 1500 mark. I would also like to learn about team building.

Could I request a tutor from team oceania because it's my goal to play for them.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Sage Abdul

Move to Round 47

Username: badalcristiano
Shoddy Username:badalcristiano
Your timezone: GMT+5.5, 12:00am-11:00am (in EST)
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be a huge fan of pokemon when I was young and then I slowly lost interest, recently my friends influenced me into re-joining pokemon, since D/P came out. I've been playing the D/P/PT series ever since and I've gotten addicted to the game. I started battling competitively only recently, so I'm not that good at it so decided to learn more about it so I can be a better battler. Charmander is my favourite pokemon! (from the first season!). Apart from pokemon I love football(soccer). I support Manchester United.
Thank You

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Move to Round 47

Username
: Chris is me
Shoddy Username: Chris is me / Chris is *wildcard*
Your timezone: GMT-5, 6:00pm-1:00am
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a phoney in disguise, Tryin to make the radio, I'm an anti-social anarchist dyslexic so and so, They say I'm just a stupid kid, Just a crazy radical, Rock and roll is dead I probably should've stayed in school, Another generation X who somehow slipped up through the crack, They'd love to see me fall but I'm already on my back.

I'd like SDS if possible, but I really don't care. I want to catch up and to have someone tell me what's changed in both tiers and how not to suck.

Please assign to SDS when his turn is up ~Philip7086

Assigned to Whistle

Username
:undisput3d
Shoddy Username:undisput3d; many other alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST, 8-10pm on weekdays; all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im relatively new here as I only got into competitive battling at the end of last summer. Since then, I've worked very hard in the OU tier, and learned some Ubers along the way. I consider myself quite proficient in in-game tactics. I can play very well with a team disadvantage, and I am very good with prediction. My main style is offense as stall is for the weak. The most help I need is in team building in UU, because I really don't know what normal players use in the metagame. I have no idea what is good and what isn't so I cant make my own sets which is something I love to do and gives me the edge.

Assigned to Krack

Username
: Amake
Shoddy Username: Amake, TAO TAO, Gix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Weekdays I'm usually no between 11 AM - 4 PM, and weekends pretty much any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently going to college with a major in software engineering technology, and I currently work as a pizza delivery driver. I consider myself to be a decent battler, and have reached the leader board a few times in each tier but I still feel like I have a long way to go. If possible I would like a tutor who is good at playing stall, as I have always had trouble with playing those types of teams effectively.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to reachzero

Username: Bobtheball4
Shoddy Username: Bobtheball4
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-10, usually around 3pm-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been tutored 1ce in OU and learned a lot from it, so i want to learn more about other tiers as I havent really played much out of OU. I'm a sophomore in high school right now, not much after school activites so i have plenty of time to spend.

Assign to reachzero when available ~Philip7086

Assigned to LonelyNess

Username
: bwebber
Shoddy Username: bwebber
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usually around 4 PM PST - 8 PST. Available virtually all week though, maybe next week too. (Pacific Time, -8)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have only ever played the advance metagame, but since RSE players are getting less common I wanted to move over to DP so I'm caught up with everything. I'm still fairly amateur, and want to learn since playing competitively is something I do in my free time.

Assigned to Fabbles

Username
: COKTAL
Shoddy Username: COKTAL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5. Between 6 PM-10 PM on weekdays. Weekends vary due to track meets.
What tier do you want to learn?: Uber. UU if Ubers not avaliable
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing pokemon since I was 7 with gold, and just recently started to try and get into the competitive scene. Still struggling with predicting and team building, so that would help alot. I've tried before in Uber and UU, but both having very limited success. I am starting to see and predict better than before, but it's still not good enough to were I can have a decent match.

About me personally, I'm a runner. I run track(longer distances) and cross country. I'm going to be getting my restricted in the next few weeks, and hopefully a car so that's pretty exciting.

And thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Assigned to Philip7086

Username
: Cost
Shoddy Username: zxcx (most often)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, afternoons and nights, I'm flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for a little while now, always looking to get better. I've had a tutor before, however I still feel like I have lots to work on. I've taken some time to rethink what I've been doing, and I'm ready to improve in many ways. In real life, I'm a normal guy in high school balancing school, soccer, and other extra-curricular activities.

Phil has agreed to tutor me :)

Assigned to Sage Abdul AKA Minato

Username
: Pingase
Shoddy Username: Pingase -Pingase Crazy cow
Your timezone: GMT+0 6am-pm2
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (General) - UU and ubers if we have enough time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old male who lives in the netherlands and who goes to school everyday and plays beside that pokemon and soccer,I think i play pokemon almost a year now and i signed up to this because i got the feeling i don't make any progess.

I would like to request Minato as my tutor because i already know him very well.and we already talked about it before.

Assigned to Plus

Username
: Toxic Spork
Shoddy Username: Toxic Spork, TestMahTeam, Alaskan Bullworm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 7:30-10 PM (probably won't be playing a lot over Spring Break though!)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been on the scene for a bit, but have never done that well- hopefully a tutor could help me with that. My favourite playstyle is Semi-stall or occasionally bulky offense- high-powered offense just doesn't appeal to me. OU is my favourite tier because there's always people on it and because stall works best in OU. In real life, I play hockey and guitar and am usually pretty easy to get along with, almost never stressed and always relaxed.

Assigned to Bloo

Username
: Bluewooper
Shoddy Username: Bluewooper, Bluewoopers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 7-9PM (all days save Thursday
Tell us a little about yourself:I am an avid Baseball fan. I love to play chess, and I practice the Cello in my school's orchestra.

I would love To have Bloo as my tutor, as he is my Team Rater Workshop tutor.
If this is not possible, I would enjoy having a tutor who could integrate me with the community.

Assigned to SilentEcho

Username: Kairyu
Shoddy Username: No Survivors, Wes Welker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC -6:00 Central time U.S. and Canada, 3:30 -9:00 Every Day bar Sundays
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been battling competetively for a year. I am confident in my knowledge and skills, but I really want to become better. People tell me I am on the right track, but when It comes to team building and synergy im totally lost.

Assigned to HuntoftheLion

Username: Otterpaw
Shoddy Username: Otterpaw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've done tutoring once before, but it was not very successful, as my tutor was not able to be on very much.

I rank in the 1500's on shoddy and I'm hoping that this can help me get up into the 1600's. I'm aiming to learn advanced teambuilding and analysis.

Assigned to undisput3d

Username
:Maxim

Shoddy Username:Maxim_6

Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-6 somewhere between 5-9pm on weekdays [usually the later hours]

What tier do you want to learn?:OU, Ubers, UU

Tell us a little about yourself:Well, I'm fairly experienced in competitive battling, however, I would like to get better and explore new types of teams, like balanced and stall. My CRE hasn't been all that good, never going above about 1250 most of the time. I would also like some help trying to create custom movesets that are not gimmicks. As for other info, I'm just a person who likes video games, particually RPG's, platformers, and RTS. One other thing, if I somehow get in early, I won't be able to get on during some week in March because of a competition I am in. Phew

Assigned to whistle

Username
: Lonewolf9196
Shoddy Username: lonewolf9196
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - 3:00 PM-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, then OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for a while, my first game was Gold. However, I didn't learn about competitive Pokemon until a bit after Platinum came out, so I'm not completely new, but I'm not exactly a veteran. I've been really interested in UU, I even made the voting cut, as seen by my check mark. While UU is my favorite, I actually battle evenly between OU and UU, so I'm not only into UU.

My worst problem in terms of competitive battling is team building and prediction. Sometimes I predict fine, but my team has awful synergy. Sometimes my team has great synergy, but I make way too many mispredictions.

In terms of availability, what I said in that section applies to all days except Wednesdays and weekends. On Wednesdays, it's only at night, and on weekends, it's pretty much the whole day.

Assigned to LoveDestiny

Username:
Diesel
Shoddy Username: Diesel, iDiesel, Yellow Balloon, Mindbreak, and more.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - 10:00 PM-5:00 AM (Weekdays)
What tier do you want to learn?: I mostly want to focus on team building. OU works fine. LC or Ubers would be great too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in college majoring in Biology. I've been around this site for a while now, doing various things (WiFi, VGC, C&C, etc). I like to mix it up a lot, and am always looking to try new things. I've had my fair share of competitive success, but I'm entering this because I want to take my team building ability to the next level and learn a new tier in the process. Basically every team I make is "good not great" (~75% win, ~1550 CRE, that kinda thing), and I feel like I'm close to "getting over the hump", but I think I'm in need of a little guidance to reach that point. I think becoming a better team builder will allow me to learn new tiers more easily, use unique Pokemon and team archetypes more effectively, and just enjoy Pokemon more all around. I've been playing UU for the last six months or so and would like to get to know a new metagame, although in the past I've played a lot of OU as well.

I'm normally available at night (Pacific time) on weekdays, but my schedule is pretty busy. I can always set up times for earlier, as well.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Username: Orcelot005
Shoddy Username: Orcelot005
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 4pm - 3am (I've given quite a large time bracket because I have pretty much no life and I'm very flexible!)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hmm, well I've been into Pokemon ever since RBY but never really considered the competitive aspect of it since about May of the last year when I was introduced to Shoddy Battle. I've gotten to the top #10 on Shoddy's OU Leaderboard a few times so I feel like I'm decent enough at OU now but I've never really tried UU and it's something I'd like to get into. I spend a lot of time on the internet and I have access to IRC so keeping in contact with a tutor shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks!

Assigned to Fuzznip

Username
: JRT
Shoddy Username: JRT
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 2:00pm-10:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been under the tutelage of Fuzznip the last round, and I feel that my time with him is not up. I have a lot more that I want to learn from him and would love to continue my skills in OU. I (obviously) request Fuzznip for this round and will wait as long as it takes to get him.

Please assign to Fuzznip when available ~Phil

Assigned to DJXO9

Username: Roz
Shoddy Username: Roz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, usually between 4pm and 10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, and UU if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old girl who's been playing since RBY. I never really was into competitive battling until a little while ago, and I decided to begin with UU. I never really tried OU, so that's why I'd like to have a tutor to teach me about that. Apparently I'm a fast learner, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Assigned to Mekkah

Username: Artemesis
Shoddy Username: Artemesis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 16:00-23:00
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Norway, I have played a bit combetetive pokemon before and created a few teams so i feel like i know the basics, but need to learn the finer points of batteling and team making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)