Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Fabbles

Username
: Delko
Shoddy Username: Delko
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 4:00 PM-11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon for the last 13 years so I do know the basics. I'm already familiar with OU and UU but I suck at ubers.

Signups are now closed! Thanks for signing up everybody!

Once the queue clears a bit, we will open signups again, so keep an eye out!

Assigned to DJXO9

Username:
K9gamer
Shoddy Username:OUpoodle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-7, 4:00-5:30 PM (MAY CHANGE IF SESSION IS IN SUMMER)
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Ive been competitively battling
since mid DP. Ive tried UU but i want to get better at ou
since thats the most popular teir. I need help most on
team building and prediction. I like to draw, read, and of course
play Pokemon! :D

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Assigned to reyscarface

Username
:TheValkyries
Shoddy Username: TheValkyries
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 6:00PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a schmuck living in CA that has interested himself in playing himself some pokemans. I learn very quickly, but be warned, I will come up with some fantastical/crazy/stupid ideas, so be prepared to theorymon.

Assigned to Pride

Username
: Accel
Shoddy Username: -Accel-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT – 5 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, some UU and Ubers. I would like to put more focus into OU, but want to gain some knowledge of UU and Ubers if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing competitive Pokemon for about a year. I am a decent battler, but would like to become one of the best and learn from the best. I am very excited to expand my Pokemon knowledge, and wish to learn more about different team styles as well as predicting and team building. I really want a tutor who can help me excel in the OU tier!

Please assign this tutee to Pride when available ~Phil

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Assigned to reachzero

Username
: Scimjara
Shoddy Username: Scimjara18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -5) I am available
Monday - Friday 4 PM - 12 PM and Saturday and Sunday 10 AM - 12 PM
During the Summer I will be active through out the day usually same as current Saturday and Sunday availability time.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU tier or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play pokemon as a hobby and love laddering on SU server. I also weight lift and my main sport is wrestling. I'm easily contacted on AIM, IRC, and MSN

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to HuntoftheLion

Username
: Jiovaine11
Shoddy Username: Jiovaine11, Starstorm98
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and 3:30-7:00
Tell us a little about yourself: Well my year as a Junior in high school is just about over. I have a lot of projects that need to be finished as well as my research paper. Lately I've been working on RNG process so I can breed my first Shiny. After I finish high school I plan on continue to college to study Video Game Design and hopefully I'm granted a position at large video game companies like Nintendo

Assigned to Malfunction

Username:
Contarius
Shoddy Username: ben99
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 0 5PM-9PM on weekdays, 2PM-10PM weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and Ubers, but OU has the highest priority
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively shortly after the release of DP in in Europe,
so you can say I'm pretty experienced but I'm just not "that good". I'm back in the competitive scene now
after a 1 year hiatus and I still haven't been able to adapt to the new platinum metagame so I may need
to be refreshed a little. My main weakness is team building and synergy, the teams that I make are
normally very simplistic and inconsistent. And I'd also like to polish up my prediction skills.

Apart from pokemon I love sports (soccer FTW!) and I play the guitar.

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username
: Silent Storm
Shoddy Username: Silent Storm, Crimson Crisis.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 5:00PM-12:30PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a part of the scene during advance but didn't start till DP. I am a 19 year old student studying in interactive media and I like hanging out with friends and exercising.

I have been trying to make myself better at the game, but for some reason there is some barrier preventing me from having any sort of success. Whenever I start to show improvement, I somehow fuck up and go back into a slump, losing to just about any player good or bad. At the start of DP I did well using teams similar to Astral Projection and stuff, but when Platinum hit I just got worse and worse as time moved on. Don't know what happened or how, but I need help with team building and battling in general. I am not horrible, just not good enough tbh and I am sick of it. I also want to get better so my confidence builds up and I can start contributing to the community via suspect testing and creating sets for 5th gen (I like helping out).

Assigned to supermarth64

Username
: Echo.
Shoddy Username: Echo, Echo.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 Weekdays: 4:00PM - 11:00PM; Week-ends: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for about two years now. I'm pretty experienced at this point but I could always use with some improvement, especially in the areas of Team Building and synergy.

More or less I know how this game works but I've had issues becoming a successful competitive player. My problem is not becoming average, but rather becoming above average. I'm a respectful person to any willing to help or be respectful back to me, and I display this in my every day conversation. Outside of Pokemon, I'm a 16-year-old that acts more mature and likes to discuss real world shit in a relaxed manner. I'm generally friendly to anyone that isn't a total dick and like meeting new people.

Assigned to Reverb

Username
: Plato
Shoddy Username: Plato.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, 4pm - 11pm on weekdays, 7am - 2am on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently a sophomore in High School. I'm pretty easy to talk to and I would like to get better at OU, and someday stack up against the pros here at Smogon.

My post count is under 15 due to some LNT posts being deleted. I hope I can still be accepted.

Assigned to Stone Cold

Username: LizardMan
Shoddy Username: LizardMan.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern Time, 2:00PM - 9:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU maybe if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, hello I am LizardMan. I have been playing OU for about a year, and would like to improve apon my skills.I also play UU, and seem decent at that as well. I am a senior in high school, and will be 18 in about a year. I like anime, music especially rock, karate, yugioh, hanging out with friends etc. I have started RNG abuse, to get any pokemon I want for wifi legitimatly. I plan on being a medical student after high school. I feel like my main problem is team building, as most of the teams I have made pretty much sucked. If someone could help tutor me, it would greatly be appreciated! =)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Reverb

Username
:PDC
Shoddy username:PDC
Time Zone and usual hours of availbility:GMT Standered (CT, NY) mainly 4:00 PM- 10:00 PM
What Tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing since last year. Since Lati has been moved up to uber my most effective team isn't really working anymore. So, I really want to get much better in Team Building, and making a team like the experts. I'm not bad, I understand well. You can get me on my AIM (I don't want to say it here for privacy reasons), the Pokebeach Shoddy server, and Smogon. I understand the metagame, I just want to get better. :)

Username: Somalia
Shoddy usernames: Somalia, Hey-Boi, I own the right..
Time Zone and usual hours of availbility: GMT + 1 (BST london time) 1:00-4:00
What Tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old guy who studies at the prestigious imperial college in central London currently ranked 3rd in the united kingdom. I've started out in smogon laddering mainly in the ou tier reaching the lb several times and lately tried playing UU which went pretty well. So my final cut is to try ubers which I have without any success, barely making it beyond a cre of 1480.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username: StevenSnype
Shoddy Username: StevenSnype, Testo, DEV_PATEL, Seto_Kaiba
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (either -5 or -4, not sure because of DST) 6:00-11:00 PM on weekdays, except for Fridays. Pretty much all day on the weekends, unless there are some family things or events or stuff like that.
What tier do you want to learn?: I've been playing OU for about a year now, but I feel iffy with teambuilding and it'd also be helpful to predict better by gaining information about an opponent's team.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Steven and I am a 16-year old HS sophomore. I like to play volleyball and tennis (although i'm not very good at either of them). I'm also involved with my local volunteer ambulance squad. I'm usually on to talk on IRC, so if you want to talk to me, you can find me there.

Assigned to Plus

Username: Accipender
Shoddy Username: Accipender
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (US Eastern); I'm on sporadically between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. (ET), but can be on at a particular time if appointed.
Tell us a little about yourself: I competitively battled for about a year, back before Garchomp was banned, and then had an indefinite hiatus, which only ended recently after the advent of HG/SS. I'd like to be able to get back in the game after this break. As far as myself, I'm a total nerd: you name it, I'm in it: Brain Brawl, Mu Alpha Theta, FIRST Robotics, Science Fair, Latin Club/Forum, and, of course, Pokemon. I'm also a straight-A student at the IB Program at my high school, which, if you know about the IB Program, tells you a great deal about my life ^^;

Assigned to Setsuna.

Username:
Theft
Shoddy Username: Theft, BeGentle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, I'm available most days between 06:00PM-01:00AM (On wednesdays and Thursdays I won't be available untill around 10:00PM-01:00AM) My regular times are, of course, not set in stone.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (preferably) or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Summer is knocking on the door and I'm going to spend 6 weeks alone with my family gone sailing. I will be working during the days and, amongst other things ofcourse, chilling on smogon during the evenings. I will be reading Computer Engineering in High School this autumn, which I'm quite excited about. I'm not sure yet if thats what I'll be doing with my life but it'll atleast be something like it and this particular course seems like alot of fun.
I'm mainly hanging around in the Wifi forums, learning how to RNG-abuse and such, and I'm pretty close to open my own trade thread. I've been lurking around the RMT forum and Smeargles Studio aswell, but I've never really been posting there.
I'm really excited about competetive battling, and I've been Shoddying some but I want to get my teambuilding correct from the start (I've been trying out teams I've seen in RMT archives and such, but I really want to be able to build a good, personal team, not just copying someone elses).

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Tripe

Username:
toshimelonhead
Shoddy Username: same as above
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (US Central time) usually on in spurts from 3-10 CST, so I don't know how that converts to GMT.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers, also want to polish my OU/UU skills to sometime make the leaderboard
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am 18-year-old student graduating this year (hopefully the avatar gives you a hint of where I'm headed in the fall). I usually lurk the RMTs and try to spend as much time on Smogon as possible. Outside of Smogon I am interested in sports like tennis and running as well as watching college football/basketball while in season. Pokemon wise I know the UU/OU metagames but I'm not quite leaderboard material yet. My Uber CRE is around 1350 as I am typing this but I think that can get much higher with some help. People also might know me from NU where I reached the top 10 on the ladder. I'd like the focus to be on advanced teambuilding with special emphasis on how to make/break stall.

Assigned to reachzero

Username
: Rising_Dusk
Shoddy Username: Rising_Dusk / Duskypoo [CAP Server]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5 (EST)

• MTWThF 11AM-1PM, 6PM-2AM
  • SSu 12PM - 12PM (Not continually, of course)
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers / OU

Ubers is one of the hardest metagames for me to get into. I've gotten into UU and OU fine, but Ubers has so many high-powered threats that it's always tricky to pick the best response to them at any given time. It's also much harder to play around threats, since they're all so high-powered even with neutral attacks. I'd like to particularly learn some strategies in teambuilding for Ubers as well as general battle practice in the tier.

Also, while I've been playing OU for a long time and I know a fair bit about it, I'd really like to hone my skills and become a meaningful battler and contributor to Smogon in that respect. There are a lot of times when my prediction skills fail me or I make obvious mistakes that even I catch after the fact. I'd very much like to see if I couldn't get a clearer picture of any given battle and fix that. In lieu of those things, I'm open and particular to being tutored in OU further.

Tell us a little about yourself:

I am a graduate student studying magnetohydrodynamics, a branch of particle physics, and the numerical simulations of MHD flows in planetary magnetospheres. Research aside, I'm an avid fan of Pokemon and have been for a very long time. My favorite Pokemon is Scizor, and it was even before the days where it was #1 most-used thing around. I pride myself on being a mature user, but I can certainly joke around a bit with certain people like Bloo, etc. I'd really prefer to have my tutor, whomever is chosen, be mature as well and not a generally angry or typical internet-user. I have the easiest time getting along with users that are generally respectable and calm, yet talkative and fun.

That aside, I look forward to potentially participating in this program. Cheers.

Please assign to reachzero when available ~Bloo

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username
: VulcanFenrir
Shoddy Username: VulcanFenrir
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 5:00PM-10:00PM (Weekdays) 12:00PM-8:00PM (Weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a new battler and have some experience in OU. I got back into pokemon after HG and SS came out. I'm a twin and my brother plays as well so that's why I got into competitive pokemon. Outside of pokemon I like Math and Science and play Lacrosse. Let it be noted that I do work on the weekends and so some hours might change, but I know ahead of time when I will be working so I will be able to notify a tutor. Other then that I'm just here to have fun just like a lot of other people :)

Assigned to Sage Abdul

Username
: Priori
Shoddy Username: Priori
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+00. On most weekdays usually available from 16:30 until 18:00. I have no concrete schedules for weekends as they change from week to week. Sometimes I'll be free all weekend, sometimes I'll be entirely unavailable. If I am available it's probably in the aternoon/evening.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Tom, live in the UK and am currently studying A Levels at a sixth form. In my spare time I play Pokemon and the guitar, neither to a standard I would like just yet. Pokemon wise, I'm pretty confident as a battler. My aim from being tutored is to become a better team builder; that is, not just to get a few good teams but to learn the approaches that a top player has towards the goal of a team and how to get there. That's not to say I'd turn down battling advice, however, and I welcome anything to make me a better all round member of the Smogon community, competitive and otherwise.

Assigned to SilentEcho

Username
: Rugaji
Shoddy Username: Rugaji
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada

Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 11pm.
Saturdays and Sundays: 10am - 11pm (obv, it's not all those hours for both, but when I'm on is in between)
What tier do you want to learn?: UU / OU [mostly OU]

I've actually made 1 UU team before I quit pokemon for a long time. It was actually successful but now that I see how the tier has evolved, the team is useless because it has some banned Pokemons; i.e Honchkrow.

I want to play OU more though because it is my primary metagame, and I've been playing it ever since Emerald came out, but never took it as serious as I do with the previous metagame 'til now. Basically, my being tutored in OU is what I would prefer more than UU, unless my assigned tutor can tutor both, but only if OU is selected in front.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in my final year of high school and graduating next month and going to college soon (still unsure of what I want to study yet). I love watcing and playing baseball. Currently my life has been more busy with my sick grandma, who I love so much and is in the struggle with diabetes.. I just started learning the metagame, again.. not too long ago after a huge almost two year break. I guess that's it..

Assigned to Delta 2777

Username
: Nestle
Shoddy Username: Nestle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, available any time after noon
What tier do you want to learn?: OU. I also want to contribute to Smogon in some way and get more serious about competitive battling, so it would be great to have someone to not only help me with team building and not doing stupid things in battle, but help me get involved, as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively on and off for 3 years. I had a tutor in the last round, but I feel as if i didn't get as much out of the experience as I need. (He was busy and it felt very rushed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)