Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

It sounds like you just have to be more precise when hitting your seconds. For some people it takes more practice and effort than others.

I'm working on that, to me it seems that the seconds doesn't coincide with the delay cause I will receive a low delay but a fairly high seconds number or vice versa.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You can also advance the frame by talking to your pokemon. If your doing this on DeSmuMe it is a lot easier because you can save state and check your frame. You should try to do it in Lance's room, preferably on an emulator as this may be the only way to consistenly hit the right frame, by talking to your pokemon and walking. Most other methods lead to inconsistencies in frame advancement.
Frame advancements are only inconsistent from one seed to another. If you hit your seed 2 times and do the exact same actions both times, it will advance the exact same amount both times. I've tested this over and over and over, etc...

Ok I'm a little confused right now, I'm trying to get a Raikou on seed (600103DE) and his frame number is 1708. I can consistantly hit my seed and sweet scent up to Raikous frame of 1563.

I have 5 in my party and this time did 140 steps/turns on grass where there are no NPCs present, and with repel in effect.
So what I should have is 1563 + 140 = 1703.
Then when you take into account I purposely walked 128 steps and did 12 turns.
That will give me the remaining 5 + 1703 = 1708 my target.

Math being done I just did all this and ended up with Raikou on frame 1858, exactly 150 frames too high. I have no idea how the frames acumulated or even why.

I was hoping someone here can give me some explanation, otherwise my next effort will have to be to walk 3712 steps (145 frames / 5 pokes * 128 steps) inside Lances chamber to see if thats more effective.

Edit: Yes I know I can get the same spread on a seed with lower frames but I purposely chose this one for its delay being below 1000 and RNG Reporters Seed by Stats function still works
Frame advancements are only inconsistent from one seed to another. If you hit your seed 2 times and do the exact same actions both times, it will advance the exact same amount both times. I've tested this over and over and over, etc...
You misunderstand. If you'd ever played on DeSmuMe using Kazo's frame finder program you'd know that frame advancements in areas with wild Pokemon are not consistent. Therefore 140 steps/turns does NOT advance the frame by 140. I thought you would have known that mattj since you claim to have RNG'd in HG/SS. Is it not stated in the HG/SS research thread that turning to or from your Pokemon advances your frame by 2? Not to mention I did that while RNG'ing the dogs and it advance by 2, 3 or even 4.

If you're asking if anyone figured out how to manipulate Crystal's RNG and post the methodology, the answer is no.

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to RNG for eggs. I have found my frame that I am saved on-4, and I have found a desired spread. I can't seem to hit my delay, and I have been trying the coin flips but RNG reporter can't seem to find the flip sequence when I "search flips". So do I flip immediately after picking up the egg or at some other point? Also, what are some common "beginner mistakes/tips" you have? Thanks.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm having a bit of trouble trying to RNG for eggs. I have found my frame that I am saved on-4, and I have found a desired spread. I can't seem to hit my delay, and I have been trying the coin flips but RNG reporter can't seem to find the flip sequence when I "search flips". So do I flip immediately after picking up the egg or at some other point? Also, what are some common "beginner mistakes/tips" you have? Thanks.
Go catch a Pokemon to find your initial seed when that happens.

Excuse me folks but I'd just like to repeat my last post.

It says that the configuration is incorrect, although i have already installed .NET Framework, i tried re-extracting PNGReporter but I'm getting the same problem all over again and i see no other solution written in the forum, I've been doing this almost all day, please help.

And you made sure that there were no firewalls preventing the installation of a program or security likewise? And looked to see if you had an updated version of .NET Framework?

You misunderstand. If you'd ever played on DeSmuMe using Kazo's frame finder program you'd know that frame advancements in areas with wild Pokemon are not consistent. Therefore 140 steps/turns does NOT advance the frame by 140. I thought you would have known that mattj since you claim to have RNG'd in HG/SS. Is it not stated in the HG/SS research thread that turning to or from your Pokemon advances your frame by 2? Not to mention I did that while RNG'ing the dogs and it advance by 2, 3 or even 4.
Thank you, this is exactly the answer I was looking for :) But no I am not using an emulator, I have a genuine cart from Japan

Thank you, this is exactly the answer I was looking for :) But no I am not using an emulator, I have a genuine cart from Japan
So do I. But I can transfer my save to/from cartridge to computer to use in DeSmuMe.
Heh I have no idea how you do that, nor do I really want to know =P

Anyways I finally have success!!! I found a patch of grass 5 wide and ran through it making sure to turn after I left the patch on each side. Just caught him and heres the result

Raikou ~ Timid ~ Pressure
31 / 22 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
HP Ice 70

Now to reset and catch him in this

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Excuse me folks but I'd just like to repeat my last post.

It says that the configuration is incorrect, although i have already installed .NET Framework, i tried re-extracting PNGReporter but I'm getting the same problem all over again and i see no other solution written in the forum, I've been doing this almost all day, please help.
Sorry, not sure.

You could try to delete your configuration file and replace it with one right out of the zip you downloaded, but I doubt this will help :/ I googled that message and none of the "fixes" mentioned are really applicable.

Will the RNG Reporter have the feature to put in IVs that your Parent A and Parent B got for easier searching for the spread that fits with those parents?

Is there a list somewhere of the NPCless routes or the routes with challengeable NPCs? I would appreciate if someone could give me a link or something

mingot

free agent
Will the RNG Reporter have the feature to put in IVs that your Parent A and Parent B got for easier searching for the spread that fits with those parents?
It's on the wishlist, but don't hold your breath. Lots of other things I would like to do before this.

Is there a list somewhere of the NPCless routes or the routes with challengeable NPCs? I would appreciate if someone could give me a link or something
Incomplete list:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63090

Work on this has stalled out, unfortunately.

Go catch a Pokemon to find your initial seed when that happens.
Alright well I did that, and the frame was 10(after 3 journal flips) with a crazy high delay. Now I am using PikaTimer and I am hitting a frame of 9(after 3 journal flips) fairly consistently. Should I just take out my parents and restart the whole process(as my frame seems to be consistently 3 now)? I don't understand why my game/DS is being so weird. I calibrated 5 times and I hit a frame of 4 three times, and I saved on a frame of 4. I'm going to do some further testing(varying # of coin flips, letting NPCs move, etc) but is it possible for the game to have saved on something other than 4 and I need to restart the process? Thanks.

EDIT: I flipped my journal 3 times this time(4 including the initial page that was open) and I hit my delay, but a frame of 9 again. I will try to let the NPCs move next time.

EDIT #2: I'm stupid. The frame has nothing to do with coin flips.

EDIT #3: I got it! Thank you guys for the help. Seems like it was just an oversight on my behalf.

I'm trying to RNG Heatran. If I use the coin flip trick to verify my delay, will that advance my frame by the number of times I used the coin flip?

Quick Question..

I've been RNG Breeding for almost a week now, and can not get a successful result. After testing, I find out that my Delay is always an ODD numbah (I have a non-pokemon game in the GBA slot). If I remove my GBA game, or insert a Pokemon game, from/into the slot, I hear it will affect my Delay. In what way will it do so, and will anything else (Frame, etc) change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)