Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It does not: Follow Me was the move being thought of. Here is a list of all the Pokémon who learn Helping Hand and how they learn it.
It does in XD, that list doesn't have pokemon who learn xd move tutors, check selfdestruct and snorlax isn't on the list.

EDIT: oh they do have snorlax learning selfdestruct because the XD tutor list is there but they still don't have the XD tutor list in the Helping Hand list. Check on the wifi forum, eppie and dragonfe have togepis knowing helping hand from XD.

Does anyone know if the toge family learn helping hand through tutoring in HG SS. I know they can't in platinum but some pokemon like sunflora now learn a move tutuor they couldn't in platinum thats in HGSS and platinum like EarthPower.

On Shoddy I noticed that even when I won against an opponent my CRE dropped (a little: 1 to 2 points max) but I was just wondering why this could be.

If I opt to use Surf/Recover/Psychic/Rapid Spin Starmie, what EV spread should I use?
Your own. The strategic dex on the home page is there to give you a basic idea but it's not about the single pokemon, it's about working with your team and deciding what you want out of your pokemon.

In HGSS is it possible to evolve Gligar to Gliscor? Gliscor is not in the Johto dex..
Yes it is. They changed the Johto dex to add new evos and prevos. The HGSS Johto Pokedex thus has 256 Pokemon, compared to the GSC New Pokedex's 251.

Smogon Gold is not and never was funny.

Is it possible for tutor DD on Tyranitar or is it just an egg move?
And has anyone tried a smeargle with Protect, detect, toxic, and will-o-wisp? I'm thinking about making one for the battle tower and wondering if anyone has tried it?

If you're thinking alternating protect and detect will give 100% success all the time, it doesn't work. You get reduced success just as if you repeatedly used Protect. Anyway, the PP of Detect is rather low.

If you're thinking alternating protect and detect will give 100% success all the time, it doesn't work. You get reduced success just as if you repeatedly used Protect. Anyway, the PP of Detect is rather low.
Ahh, well that ruins that idea. Thanks!

there are a lot of UU Pkm that can work in OU. Raikou, Ludicolo, Hitmontop, Kabutops, Rhyperior are the first that come to my mind, but other can work in standard depending on your team.
So what works out of...

Absol
Altaria
Ambipom
Ampharos
Ariados
Azumarill
Bellossom
Blastoise
Beautifly
Butterfree
Clefable
Cloyster
Drifblim
Espeon
Floatzel
Furret
Froslass
Gardevoir
Gastrodon
Glaceon
Gorebyss
Jumpluff
Jynx
Kangaskhan
Lapras
Lopunny
Mawile
Meganium
Miltank
Mismagius
Nidoqueen
Ninetales
Phione
Pikachu
Porygon2
Quagsire
Rapidash
Registeel
Shiftry
Shuckle
Spiritomb
Swellow
Typholosion
Umbreon
Vileplume
Wigglytuff
Wormadam

?

@C.A.Lovrina:
Woah. Thats a lot.
If I had to say, I would pick...
Spiritomb
Registeel
Umbreon (maybe. it was there before)
Froslass
Ambipom
Azumarill (CB huge power STAB aqua jet ftw!)
Clefable
Quagsire
Swellow (Flame/Toxic orb-Guts-Endeavor)
Absol
and Mismagius have some of the best chances in OU. Then again, thats just my opinion.

The others either have some obvious weakness (like butterfree/beautifly being weak to SR) or just dont have the movepool or stats to back up any significant use.

Opinions are opinions, and I leave it at that.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Lots of them can work. P-2 can be an excellent counter for DD Mence, Gyrarados and Heatran all in one. Nidoqueen is a good lead with SR and toxic spikes as well as decent overall defences. Registeel can be a good mixed wall. Umbreon is a good wish passer and can check Latias and Starmie. Spritomb is the only non-pursuit weak spin blocker. Quagsire can counter Gyarados and TTar and now has access to recover. The list can go on depending on your team.

I've had success with Clefable and Porygon2. Among those I haven't tried: Froslass I believe sees use on Hail teams. Registeel's a decent mixed wall though it faces competition from Bronzong - Registeel gets better defenses but Bronzong has better typing and ability, which combine to give one weakness (fire or ground, you choose which), and better offenses. Jumpluff makes a fast SubSeeder, and might be great if you fancy trying a sun team. Ambipom should be able to Fake Out in OU.

There are a few in your list that are probably best avoided. Wigglytuff is pretty much an inferior Clefable. Swellow's inferior to other birds (EDIT: maybe not...). I'm not sure why you'd use Nidoqueen rather than Nidoking - and I'm not even sure why you'd use Nidoking.

OK, according to Bulbapedia, having a lead with Compoundeyes "increases the chance of finding a Pokémon holding an item by 50% in the wild". Does this mean that the chance of finding, say, a Magnemite with Metal Coat is bumped from 5% to 55%, or to 7.5%?

OK< according to Bulbapedia, having a lead with Compoundeyes "increases the chance of finding a Pokémon holding an item by 50% in the wild". Does this mean that the chance of finding, say, a Magnemite with Metal Coat is bumped from 5% to 55%, or to 7.5%?
From experience I'd say the lower value.

OK, thanks.

I do have another question: in the Scizor analysis it never says why there are 8 EV points in Spe, in the CBzor spread. I checked the OU Speed tiers, and it does not seem to allow it to outrun anything in particular. Anybody could explain to me why using them there in Spe, and not filling maybe HP and Def/SpDf?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
A few PRNG questions

Can I get my SID if I trade any of my pokemon to a friend of mine so he can check the secret ID with his AR?

Around how much time does calibrating the RNG take?

^yes and about half an hour to 45 minutes

the evs are to outrun Magnezone, I think.
OK, Scizor's Spe in this situation would be:

8 evs, neutral: 168 spe

Magnezone's:

0 EVs, +Spe: 171
216 EVs, +Spe: 231
max EVs, +Spe: 240
44 RVs, neutral: 167

So as you can see, Magnezone won't be outrun by Scizor unless it runs a Speed-neutral nature and less than or 44 EVs, which by reading the analysis would not be recommended, precisely because it would allow trapping Scizor. Magnezone is actually out of the equation as it seems Scizor simply can't deal with it.

It can't really outrun anything important, so that's the reason of the question.

OK quick question, I've read the guide to the RNG method and think I can figure it out, the only issue is Smogon doesn't have a mac version available, does anyone know if there is a mac version out there that works in generally the same ways? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)