Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Shoddy I noticed that even when I won against an opponent my CRE dropped (a little: 1 to 2 points max) but I was just wondering why this could be.
Was it your first battle of the day? I took the following quote from the 'Make Sense of your Shoddy Battle Rating' thread, Hopefully it answers your question.

Colin said:
However, after you play your first battle in a day, your CRE may sometimes decrease, and that's because you have not offset the daily deviation increase yet, which is applied in the rating window after your first battle in a rating period. After you play more in the same rating period, you will always experience a net increase in CRE.

I was wondering is it possible to RNG a pokemon that, say, you got from an event and is waiting to be picked up at the poke-mart? Like can I make it so that the pokemon I recieve has awsome IV's with/ without it being a shiney? Thanks.

they are named after the guy that made them popular
Well, the Suicune set anyway, which got it's name Crocune from that, yes. From there, since most people are familiar with the Crocune set (but not so much where the name comes from), they use Cro- to refer to similar mono-attack sets on other Pokemon like Manaphy as well, since it gets the point across.

I'm trying to make a Sandstorm team but have hit a wall are there any good teams I could look at for ideas?

Well the most important thing is to make sure that you dont just slap a bunch of "immune to sandstorm pokemon" together. Seriously its the worst and most annoying thing when people do that. It makes your team metagame weak. Pick two or three of pokemon that are immune to SS (say for example, TTar, Skarm and Gliscor) and then use the last 3 or 4 spots to cover that cores major weaknesses. The last thing you want is to make a team that gets swept by a MixApe or something.

I guess if you want to you could look through the RMT archive and see if there is one, otherwise just browse the RMT section.

I just joined Smogon. Where's a good place to start learning about stuff forum-wise?
Welcome ^_^ You can read about stuff that goes on in the community in The Smog, learn what's allowed in the rules stickies, or get a tutor in Battling 101 to help integrate you. Also, youcan observe other users too. :)

I read the Uber Weavile analysis, and I don't see how Weavile doesn't want to be locked into one move, but it's fine using a Band in OU...

Will Nintendo put the secret key back up once they're done with the Pikachu-colored Pichu event?
Unlikely, because if you trade your Rotom into HG/SS you can form change without needing any item.

Can I get my SID if I trade any of my pokemon to a friend of mine so he can check the secret ID with his AR?
You can. But IMHO if you then RNG shinies based on that SID I wouldn't consider those shinies legit, because you circumvent the requirement to find an initial random shiny or chained shinies. Of course views on legitimacy vary.

This is an ingame question so I'm not sure it's valid here, but if you get a mystery gift can you just pick it up whenever? For some reason my copy of Platinum won't let me use an AR so I want to wait to pick up my jirachi until I have a good stock of Rare Candies so I can properly check it's IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)