Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cantab: Yes, that is the case, I'm just wondering about EVs...

Also, can English-language Pokéwalkers interact with Japanese Pokéwalkers?

And one more (sorry!)... what's the largest amount of ribbons a pokémon can have legitimately? For example, it's impossible for a pokémon to have both the National Ribbon (for purifying in XD / Colosseum) and the Classic Ribbon (Event).

Quick HG/SS questions:

How "convenient" is it to breed eggs in HGSS? I know there's a daycare center for breeding, but how about a long path for you to bike around on and keep checking it, like in DP? Also, how soon in the story do you come across said daycare?

Is there any kind of pokeradar in the game like DP?

Finally... could someone advise me on the details of the new breeding system? It seems like a waste now to use the "everstone method" for breeding the right natures... it must be more valuable to pass on 2 known IV values, right?

Thanks for answers!

Do the type-resist berries only activate on a super-effective attack, or on any attack of that type?

For example, if for some odd reason you wanted your Heatran to hold a Wacan berry, would it activate?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Do the type-resist berries only activate on a super-effective attack, or on any attack of that type?

For example, if for some odd reason you wanted your Heatran to hold a Wacan berry, would it activate?
Only super effective attacks, except for the normal berry one since normal isn't SE against anything.

Yes it is. Since Scizors Bug-typed STAB'ed moves are super-effective against half of all Uber Pokemon(Psychic-, and Dark-types), it is a lot better then Metagross
If so, I'll retain sets such as LeadGross to and TrickGross to Ubers; should Agiligross be avoided (in Ubers) as well?

Can I trade over my Special pichu as soon as I get the oppertunity? or do I have to wait?
Yes, you can trade it over whenever.

Is there any Vs Seeker on HG/SS? If not, is there a way of rebattling ordinary trainers?
No Vs. Seeker, unfortunately. However, the Phone part of the Pokegear is back, which you can use to register certain trainers phone numbers and use that to get rematches.

If so, I'll retain sets such as LeadGross to and TrickGross to Ubers; should Agiligross be avoided (in Ubers) as well?
It's your choice if you want to use Metagross in Ubers. He can be useful, but I'm only saying that Scizor is a lot more useful. Agiligross is a powerful late game sweeper in OU, but if you want a late game sweeper in Ubers, then LO Lucario is a better choice I think

No Vs. Seeker, unfortunately. However, the Phone part of the Pokegear is back, which you can use to register certain trainers phone numbers and use that to get rematches.
But is the phone a quick way of getting rematches? Can every trainer be registered? Can they not propose a battle if you call them?

But is the phone a quick way of getting rematches? Can every trainer be registered? Can they not propose a battle if you call them?
Every trainer can be registered, yes. Unfortunately, I don't believe it's a quick way of getting matches--you have to wait for them to call you and tell you that they want a rematch, I think.

HG/SS (US) Question:

I just got the American HeartGold today. Any piece of information regarding how I can use Action Replay on it would be appreciated. On the Code Manager, the company hasn't updated the list of games to include HG/SS yet. Do I have to wait for them to update the list in order to hack my game? Thanks in advance.

The phone functions like the various trainers you battle using the Vs. Seeker on you kind of. The phone is more commonly used for taking calls from people who alert you about Pokémon swarms or various items they come across

What happens if you use Conversion 2 after your opponent hits you with Struggle?

The question is not clearly answered. If I want to battle some trainer, is it as simple as talking with, getting its number, calling it and talking again to trigger the battle?

The question is not clearly answered. If I want to battle some trainer, is it as simple as talking with, getting its number, calling it and talking again to trigger the battle?
No. I'm pretty sure that if you just call them, they'll only babble about random stuff. If you want to fight them again, you have to wait for them to call you and challenge you to a rematch themselves, and then you'll be able to go over to them for a rematch.

hi!!
i´m plannig to buy soulsilver today and i want to trade a dratini to go through the main story, so my question is: what i need to do before i´m allowed to trade from my platinum version?

hi!!
i´m plannig to buy soulsilver today and i want to trade a dratini to go through the main story, so my question is: what i need to do before i´m allowed to trade from my platinum version?
You just need to get to your first Pokémon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)