Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of the two damage calculator is more accurate? The Libelldra Forge or Smogon Damage Calculator? Some of the calculations I have gotten from both were off by just one point or two. Most of you might probably say Smogon's since they're usually correct, but I just want to be sure.
I've never used the first one you mention, but I would assume the Smogon calculator is going to be more accurate (since Smogon and Shoddy Battle are officially affiliated).

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Which of the two damage calculator is more accurate? The Libelldra Forge or Smogon Damage Calculator? Some of the calculations I have gotten from both were off by just one point or two. Most of you might probably say Smogon's since they're usually correct, but I just want to be sure.
I think that they're about the same; Smogon's might be more accurate because of all the variables you can plug in, but I personally like Libelldra more as you don't have to input so many things and they give you OHKO and 2HKO odds.

Perish Song for Politoed. From the looks of the online dexs it doesn't learn it by leveling- but already "has it". Does this mean that when Polywhirl evolves he gains this new skill set? Do you pick and choose which ones are added and removed? The only reason I ask if that no tutor can teach Perish Song;

How does Politoed learn Perish Song?

any help would be appreciated!!

See the Heart Scale move tutor to teach Perish Song and other "Learned at level 1" moves to evolved Pokemon. It'll turn up on the list of "forgotten" moves.

EDIT: In HGSS, he's in Blackthorn City, in the same house as the Move Deleter.

Is there ANY Latias that can have its nature synchronized? Also, does it start roaming as soon as one gets the National dex, or does a specific, completely optional event determine when its released?

When do you get the national dex in heartgold?
You get the national dex after beating the elite 4 the first time. Upon arriving at the S.S Aqua.

Also, does it start roaming as soon as one gets the National dex, or does a specific, completely optional event determine when its released?
As soon as you get the national dex and after you exit the pokemon fan club in vermillon city. Latias will start roaming.

Is it better to get the desired nature for a set or a good IV spread? I read somewhere that EV>Nature>IV and just wanted a little clarification. For instance, would a Modest Mewtwo with a 7 in SpA be a better pick than a Hardy Mewtwo with a 29 in SpA? Just an example.

To use your example, a Level 100 Metwo with Hardy nature and 29 SAtk IV's(and no EV's) has a SAtk of 342. A Level 100 Metwo with Modest nature and 7 SAtk IV's(and no EV's) has a SAtk of 352. So your nature has a far bigger influence on the stat then the IV's. EV's have an even bigger influence so EV>Nature>IV is correct

When are the new tier changes out? (or if they are already out please post a link) i don't know where they are posted and the search function doesn't seem to be working properly =(

If I knock out Ho-Oh in HeartGold, then beat the Elite Four, will the "second chance" Ho-Oh have different IV's and Nature then the one before?

If I knock out Ho-Oh in HeartGold, then beat the Elite Four, will the "second chance" Ho-Oh have different IV's and Nature then the one before?
Ho-oh's IV's and nature aren't pre-determinted, so you can soft-reset them if you wish. So the question to your answer: no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)