Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To use your example, a Level 100 Metwo with Hardy nature and 29 SAtk IV's(and no EV's) has a SAtk of 342. A Level 100 Metwo with Modest nature and 7 SAtk IV's(and no EV's) has a SAtk of 352. So your nature has a far bigger influence on the stat then the IV's. EV's have an even bigger influence so EV>Nature>IV is correct
It's more complicated that that.

IVs and EVs both give a 'fixed' stat boost. For IVs, 1 IV is 1 point, and the variation is 31. For EVs, 4 EVs are 1 point, meaning the variation is 63 - ie twice that from IVs. (All this is only for level 100).

Nature, however, is a percentage, and is applied after IVs and EVs. The boosted stat gets boosted 10%, and the dropped stat dropped 10%.

So whether IVs or Nature is more 'important' depends on the base stat. If the actual stat, after EVs with a neutral nature and no IVs, is greater than 310, then the positive nature does more than the 31 IVs. If the actual stat is less then the IVs do more. This corresponds to a base stat of 121.

I was debating this with my friends, so how does the pokewalker gain exp for your Pokemon? I had a level 1 pokemon in my pokewalker. I had 3421 steps and 2w. It turned level 2...does the pokemon level by Waats or Steps?

I was debating this with my friends, so how does the pokewalker gain exp for your Pokemon? I had a level 1 pokemon in my pokewalker. I had 3421 steps and 2w. It turned level 2...does the pokemon level by Waats or Steps?
Your Pokemon can only gain one level per session in the Pokewalker. For it to gain another level, it has to be taken out and then put back in again, with the process being repeated each time you want to use it to get your Pokemon up another level.

How do the legendary dogs work in HG/SS, I want to reset for them, so when do their natures and such get set?
Entei and Raikou are set when you scare them away in the Burned Tower basement. Suicune you can soft-reset for at Cerulean Cape in Kanto; it's stationary there after you meet it in numerous assigned places throughout your game.

Entei and Raikou are set when you scare them away in the Burned Tower basement. Suicune you can soft-reset for at Cerulean Cape in Kanto; it's stationary there after you meet it in numerous assigned places throughout your game.
Damn, I don't mind Entei, but I wanted to reset for Raikou :\

Thank you.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
so i dont have to save when i first meet suicune? His nature is determined when you actually fight him, so I should save right before fighting him?

I have a level 1 Budew with Power Lens (+4 Sp. Attack) and Pokerus at the top of my party, and two more Budew each holding an EXP. Share and each having Pokerus. If I battle a Gastly with the Power Lens!Budew and switch out to a Torterra (with Pokerus) so it could knock out the Gastly, what will the EVs gained be?

I have a level 1 Budew with Power Lens (+4 Sp. Attack) and Pokerus at the top of my party, and two more Budew each holding an EXP. Share and each having Pokerus. If I battle a Gastly with the Power Lens!Budew and switch out to a Torterra (with Pokerus) so it could knock out the Gastly, what will the EVs gained be?
The first Budew will gain 10 SpA EVs (1+4 from Power Lens x 2 from Pokerus=10) and the Torterra will get 2 SpA EVs (1x2 due to Pokerus). The two Budew holding the Experience Share will be the same as Torterra. EVs aren't split between Pokemon or anything--each Pokemon that gains experience from the battle will get the same amount of EVs as if it were the only one fighting the Pokemon.

The first Budew will gain 10 SpA EVs (1+4 from Power Lens x 2 from Pokerus=10) and the Torterra will get 2 SpA EVs (1x2 due to Pokerus). The two Budew holding the Experience Share will be the same as Torterra. EVs aren't split between Pokemon or anything--each Pokemon that gains experience from the battle will get the same amount of EVs as if it were the only one fighting the Pokemon.
Oh okay thanks. This makes it much easier. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)