Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good way to beat out a stall team? I played a team with Hippowdon/Blissey and they would always just switch between each other =/ so my toxic didnt do too much esp with rest (they also had skarmory and like a machamp or snorlax)
Mixed Sweepers like Infernape and Salamence are usually the best way to go. Trick and Spore can usually cripple of your opponent's team and make their job of countering your Pokemon harder. Heatran and Magnezone can both lure Blissey out and then take her out with explosion giving your other Special Sweepers an easier time.

I realize I probably sound kinda neurotic about this, but I just wanted to ask to make 100% sure... trading from Diamond to SS yields no change in IVs/EVs/etc. of the pokemon, right? Like if I have a pokemon with 31 HP/31 Atk IVs, and 252 Atk EVs, all of that is still accounted for in SS... ?

Thank you

I realize I probably sound kinda neurotic about this, but I just wanted to ask to make 100% sure... trading from Diamond to SS yields no change in IVs/EVs/etc. of the pokemon, right? Like if I have a pokemon with 31 HP/31 Atk IVs, and 252 Atk EVs, all of that is still accounted for in SS... ?

Thank you
exactly right, all of the stats and anything else about the pokemon that makes it unique (shinyness, nature, IVs, EVs, item held, etc) is all carried over from game to game to game.

EDIT: decided to change my question from above.

I just bred my perfect rotom with a perfect ditto. That means 31 across the board with both (yes theyre hax from my platinum. anyways.) I attached the power lens (Sp.Atk) to the rotom and power belt (Def)to the ditto.

i ran around and got the egg. I was testing whether or not i did this IV transfer properly. I hatched it, and the IVs were as follows:
31/22/31/7/31/23
note the defense is perfect, but the Sp.Atk isnt, as it should be. Just did another one, this time:
31/31/31/26/25/31
Again, Sp.Atk isnt perfect. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, and a side note, something I noticed. If you look closely at the stat names in HGSS, youll see that, very faintly, one is red and one is blue. The red one is the 110% Stat, and the blue is the 90% stat. Useful for the odd breeder who cant remember what each nature does.

You are doing everything right so just keep at it and eventually you'll get both the perfect special attack and defense because according to serebii.net it is possible to get two perfect ivs when both parents are equipped with one of the ev power items.

Do ALL legendaries regenerate after beating the elite four in HGSS? I really want to know if i can afford to KO Lugia when I see it as well as KOing the dogs if i don't like their IVs.

1) Iv'e noticed CBGross is used less even in OU, would it be true to assume Metagross is better using sets other than Band in Ubers as well, as Scizor is avilable?
2) Should Agiligross be used in Ubers?
3) What SR users when not leading are recommended (maybe Metagross itself)?
1)As cantab points out, some sets/Pokemon (like Parasect for example) are better in Ubers than OU. CBGross does have some things to recommend it in Ubers, for example the ability to 2HKO Deoxys-D with Meteor Mash even after Leftovers, which a normal Lead-style set cannot do. I agree with cantab that you should try it out.

2)Agiligross is probably not worth it. One common switch-in to a predicted Mash is a Scarf Dialga, which still outspeeds even if you Agility on the switch and proceeds to OHKO with Fire Blast. Another common switch-in would be a bulky Groudon, which is rarely 2HKOed by Meteor Mash and which will usually OHKO with Earthquake back. In general, better to just start firing off strong attacks if you are going to use Metagross, rather than trying to set up; these are just two of many examples of why.

3)Are we still talking about Ubers? If so, Dialga is an obvious choice. The Supporter set from the analysis is great to switch in to one of Dialga's many resistances and set up Stealth Rock on the switch. Groudon and Deoxys-D are also good choices. You could even consider Mamoswine, which has the attractive side benefit of a STAB Ice Shard able to OHKO Rayquaza, Salamence, and Garchomp.

Do ALL legendaries regenerate after beating the elite four in HGSS? I really want to know if i can afford to KO Lugia when I see it as well as KOing the dogs if i don't like their IVs.
Yes they do come back after beating the elite four so you don't have to worry about them not coming back if you happen to ko them on your first encounter with them.

I have a breif question on a recently rediscovered starter, Cyndaquil. I've been lately interested in creating a Mixed Typhlosion, namely out of frustration on his small special movepool outside of obvious things like Eruption/Scarf combos. I remember that in the regular GS era, a Typhlosion with Earthquake/Fireblast/Tpunch was a decent wallbreaker.

I now ask you, what would you all reccomend as updated moves for a mixed Typhlosion? Also, any reccomendations on EVs?

Hello friends. Breeding question time. If I had a female Aron with Head Smash and bred it with a Male Smeargle with Head Smash and Rock Polish, I should get an Aron with Head Smash and Rock Polish, right?

A quick question. Let's say I have a Venonat with the ability Compound Eyes. When I evolve it to a Venomoth, is there a chance I can have a Venomoth with Tinted Lens? Or do I have to have a Venonat with Tinted Lens to gain a Venomoth with Tinted Lens?

If you transfered it from Advance via Pal Park there's a chance it will change when you evolve. If you caught/hatched it in DPPt/HGSS then it will stay the same (or change from Compoundeyes to Shield Dust in Venonat's case).

@ Scepticallistic: The baby will have Head Smash as long as you breed it in HGSS. You don't even need to give it to the female because it's an Egg move not a Level Up move.

A quick question. Let's say I have a Venonat with the ability Compound Eyes. When I evolve it to a Venomoth, is there a chance I can have a Venomoth with Tinted Lens? Or do I have to have a Venonat with Tinted Lens to gain a Venomoth with Tinted Lens?
I'm pretty sure that you would have to have Tinted Lens on the Venonat to get Tinted Lens on the Venomoth, but Compound Eyes will turn into Shield Dust when it evolves.

And to Scepticallistic, that would work if you successfully managed to get a Smeargle with those moves.

Actually, the both of you; it's wrong. XD I just realized Aron can't breed with Smeargle. >_>
A right way to do this is: Smeargle with Rock Polish breed with female Cranidos, and get a baby male Cranidos with Rock Polish which you then raise to learn Head Smash and then breed with a female Aron. *sigh* UGH this doesn't work either.

ARGGHH. It's: Smeargle with Rock Polish breed with Rhydon to get Rhyhorn with Rock Polish, which you then breed with Rampardos to get a Cranidos with Rock Polish and raise until Head Smash. THEN you breed with Aron. Maybe I'll just use the one time TM. >_>

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Too bad there's no Journal flips & Coin Toss to help you for the RNG in HG/SS, that's what others said.
But are there alternatives to those in HG/SS?
Or do we only have to rely on sheer luck when soft-resetting for HG/SS legends?

Does a Venomoth with Shield Dust, have any use at all? What does Shield Dust even do?
If an attack with a secondary effect is used, the secondary effect won't happen (i.e. Ice Beam will never freeze and Psychic will never cause a Special Defense drop).

The only use I could see is as an anti-hax Pokémon, but that wouldn't work well. Togekiss would rape you with Air Slash and Jirachi would rape you with Zen Headbutt.

Yeah, Shield Dust doesn't do much without bulk to back it up. Since the only Pokemon that get it, Venomoth and Dustox, both have glass jaws, it doesn't appear very often. Especially because Dustox is useless and Venomoth's other ability is amazing. For this exact reason, the CAP Project gave Cyclohm Shield Dust once its concept was voted as "make use of a forgotten/rare ability."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)