Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad there's no Journal flips & Coin Toss to help you for the RNG in HG/SS, that's what others said.
But are there alternatives to those in HG/SS?
Or do we only have to rely on sheer luck when soft-resetting for HG/SS legends?
I guess you can find a pokemon and enter its info onto the initial seed finder to find your delay, and you can use steps or the radio to advance your frame.

Okay, I'm not sure if this is just a glitch on shoddy, or if it is part of how the game works.

I was playing with a super gimmicky team the other day, and I had a Switcheroo Lopunny @ Klutz. But I came in to take a trick, and I got a Life Orb onto Lopunny. I then attacked, because the opponent who switched me was low on HP and so was I. But when I attacked, Lopunny lost 10% health.

So my question is: Does Klutz not keep you from taking damage from items that normally inflict it, or is just a glitch in the ShoddyBattle programming?
Still need to know.

New question too:

If I use a move that attacks multiple times, well use Rock Blast for an example. Against a Charizard behind a sub, will it break the sub, then hit Charizard, or will all the hits count as having broken the sub?

Anybody can tell me what those numbers represent in the rating on shoddy?

How do I know if my rating is good or bad? ( I can see my rating but it only gives me numbers and no units. )

Do Suicune (and Entei and Raikou for that matter) have their IVs and natures set when you encounter them in the burnt tower, or when you encounter them later?

Do Suicune (and Entei and Raikou for that matter) have their IVs and natures set when you encounter them in the burnt tower, or when you encounter them later?
Raikou's and Entei's are set in the Burned Tower. Suicune you can Synchronize (I think ?_?) and soft-reset for when you meet it stationary on Cerulean Cape after you complete most of the Kanto plotline.

Entei and Raikou's IVs and Nature are set when you see them and they run off in Burnt Tower. Suicune's are set when you first encounter it.

@ Scepticallistic: lol I didn't even realize that. Why don't you just teach Aron Rock Polish after it hatches?

Edit: Shield Dust can stop Fake Out's Flinch so it could possibly be used agianst Fake Out leads.

DDRMaster: I'm trying to preserve the TM, since I'm one of those crazy, "YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU'LL NEED IT" type of people. I probably will end up using it since I have a TM sitting in each my Pearl and my Platinum anyway. >_> Packrat much?

When are the Red Gyaradosses IV's and Natures set? On encounter? How much would Speed and Attack be if it were Jolly with 31/31 in both?

Or is it better just not to use it :)!?

When are the Red Gyaradosses IV's and Natures set? On encounter? How much would Speed and Attack be if it were Jolly with 31/31 in both?

Or is it better just not to use it :)!?
They're set upon encounter. If you don't want to spend time SRing for it, you can kill it and it will respawn after you defeat the Elite Four (that applies for Ho-Oh and Lugia too).

It would have 89 Attack and 68 Speed, roughly, according to the Smogon Damage Calc.

They're set upon encounter. If you don't want to spend time SRing for it, you can kill it and it will respawn after you defeat the Elite Four (that applies for Ho-Oh and Lugia too).

It would have 89 Attack and 68 Speed, roughly, according to the Smogon Damage Calc.
You mean, if I kill RG (or the bird) I can go back to the same place to catch it anyways? Will levels/cathrates be changed?

How good are chances of getting a good Gyarados?

You can check that here.
Went to.

All well and good, but still doesn't tell me what is a good rating. From which CRE onward are players good, what value of volatility is considered low exactly? It's all under 0.1. If I count the number of apples in my fridge, 0,1 is a small number, if that's the number of microseconds a sub-atomic phenomenon happened, it's freakin' huge.

So what is a high ranking? I still have no idea.

Is Explosion a neccesity on CBGross? The huge power is tempting, but so ut the coverage of using both Ice Punch and a STAB Zen Headbutt...also, is Rock Slide a good option on Metagross?

You mean, if I kill RG (or the bird) I can go back to the same place to catch it anyways? Will levels/cathrates be changed?

How good are chances of getting a good Gyarados?
Yes, Red Gyarados will be back in the Lake of Rage and the bird will be back to wherever it was. They will have the same levels, but the natures and IVs will always be different.

I don't know. How long are you willing to sit there and reset for? :]

Dunno about Old Chateau... I mean it's a bird it feels weird to associate it with a cooped up place. I was thinking Galactic HQ or the Lost Tower but those have the same problem as the Old Chateau.

I like Seabreak path though, thanks.

HG/SS friendship

Ok so I am pretty sure i've heard that putting pokemon on the pokewalker increases their happiness/friendship, but wouldn't their happiness reset when they're put into the PC on the way to and from the Pokewalkr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)