Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I know I posted this 5 minutes ago, but a fast paced thread + being the last post on a page = never getting a reply. Any advice is appreciated here guys. Ty.
How high is the delay? The seed finder searches as high as 3,600 for the delay. So unless you're higher than that, it should be able to find it. If it is higher, you could use Wichu's Program. The only problem with that is that it takes roughly 5 minutes for one search, and you'll need to know the exact IVs.

How high is the delay? The seed finder searches as high as 3,600 for the delay. So unless you're higher than that, it should be able to find it. If it is higher, you could use Wichu's Program. The only problem with that is that it takes roughly 5 minutes for one search, and you'll need to know the exact IVs.
Thanks for your response. My target delay is 2794. It is interesting you say seed finder goes that far... let me tell you what I have been doing then.

I get a good Seed to Time, input my desired seconds/delay into PikaTimer, set my ds to date/time and follow PikaTimer appropriately. I immediately catch Ho-oh and using "Find Initial Seed by Stats" I put in the matching date/time, select HGSS delay, and input the stats. Nothing ever comes up. Using the same method with much lower delays has always worked for me. The only thing different is my delays. Unless this can be fixed, I think I am willing to wait 5 minutes every check as I am fine at landing on proper delays, I just need to test my results a few times to adjust the pikatimer.

Can you think of anything I am doing wrong or what the problem might be?

Hey.... I had a question about emloop

when changing my delay to a Higher one (mine was from 682 to 874).... it alters the seconds (from 11 to 14).... now when I SR that second time.... am I trying to get it close to my original? or the 2nd one? (it seems closer to the original) also... if I'm NOT close... do I edit the 682? or the 874?

@ Drake: It should find those delays. The HG abuse I did yesterday had a delay of 2759, and it found every spread for me. Are you sure that you've got it to a high enough level to where it can figure out the IVs for the seed? At level 45 it usually finds a few hundred seeds that could be possible.

@ Drake: It should find those delays. The HG abuse I did yesterday had a delay of 2759, and it found every spread for me. Are you sure that you've got it to a high enough level to where it can figure out the IVs for the seed? At level 45 it usually finds a few hundred seeds that could be possible.
Hmm... I could throw a few rare candies at it, but usually it would say "too many possible seeds found, try a higher level" not the "cannot find anything" message.

Edit: I am getting the latter message, not the former. Just to be clear.

Hmm... I could throw a few rare candies at it, but usually it would say "too many possible seeds found, try a higher level" not the "cannot find anything" message.

Are you adjusting the level as well as the stats. Also, if you're using rare candies on a legendary. If you use enough, metalkid's IV Calculator could probably get you the exact IVs or close enough to help you find your seed.

is this on HG/SS? did you check the box at the bottom that says (HG/SS delay)?... it changes the minimum search from 600 to 400

@gamer - Yeah, not doing any basic goofs there, but I may just try calculating the IVs myself and doing the "Initial Seed by IV" instead of "Initial Seed by Stats"

@pc777 - Yes, I did all that

@COKTAL - Mostly yes, but I am gonna try it a few more times. I am inputting the Target Time correctly.

Will do a few attempts and post my progress... thanks for the responses all. <3

Make sure you are entering the game world at the right time. With that high a delay it's nearly impossible to get in the same time you set it at.

Let say your target time is 6:25:00 or something like that. If you're aiming for that time, you need to enter the game at that exact same time. So if the delay takes 45 seconds, you'll need to set the clock at 6:24 and soft reset after 15 seconds.

Let say your target time is 6:25:00 or something like that. If you're aiming for that time, you need to enter the game at that exact same time. So if the delay takes 45 seconds, you'll need to set the clock at 6:24 and soft reset after 15 seconds.
PikaTimer should be figuring that out for me right?

Well sunnuva gun. It worked... The only thing I can imagine I forgot to do was set my DS clock 1 minute behind target, but I was still changing the minutes every time. Either way, I won't complain, it is WORKING! Flawless Ho-oh, here I come...

Many credits in my future trade thread for ya'll who helped me. =)

I was using emloop so far If I had to hit high delays but I kinda wanted to try out this PikaTimer.

Thing is: The "Create Timer" Button doesn't seem to work for me.
Is it my Java or has anyone else encountered this issue?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I was using emloop so far If I had to hit high delays but I kinda wanted to try out this PikaTimer.

Thing is: The "Create Timer" Button doesn't seem to work for me.
Is it my Java or has anyone else encountered this issue?
Well, it only goes so high I suppose. Are you trying to set it really high? (18+mins)

Does it just do nothing or do you get a message? I'd say updating Java is a safe bet. I love PikaTimer, at one point, I was hitting delays within 1 delay of my target consistently. It even has a way to "update" your timer based on your average delays you are hitting. It is quite handy.

It just does nothing.
And yeah it looks quite handy that's why I wanted to use it.
And I also tried it with low delays and it didn't work.
Yeah will try to update my Java I guess.

I'm trying to RNG for the Ho-oh right now in HG, and I have a lot of questions.

1. What frame is Ho-oh?
2. What method is Ho-oh?
3. What are some methods to advance the frame in the Bell Tower?
4. How do you find out what seed you're on?

Thanks in advance guys!

It just does nothing.
And yeah it looks quite handy that's why I wanted to use it.
And I also tried it with low delays and it didn't work.
Yeah will try to update my Java I guess.
It won't work. I have the lattest Java, and Pikatimer never worked for me. EVER.

I have the same problem you do. I guess that little app does not like something on our computers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)