Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yeah, I'm definitely nowhere near even leveled let alone overleveled. =/ Rebattling doesn't occur until all 16 badges are earned and I'm only needing the EXP farming at this time to even myself with the second half of gyms.
Have you beat all of the other Kanto Leaders? All of them except Blue can be fought in any order. If you are having trouble, fight someone else.

I've been playing for awhile now and can breed decent pokemon, but I am mediocre at best with RNG abusing, and it is very annoying to see people get 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon as easy as pie--my primary issue is getting decent legendaries (the runners: Cresselia and Latias mainly). I am wondering if I should just stray away from trying to get those for my team, or if there was another way for me to legally obtain these incredibly necessary pokemon?

how much does razor claw and scope lens increase CR % by? and what about king's rock for flinching? and if if use razor claw/scope lens with an already high CR attack like spacial rand, does the % stack? and same with king's rock for flinching (will holding kings rock make moves like air slash have higher flinching %)? thanks.

how much does razor claw and scope lens increase CR % by? and what about king's rock for flinching? and if if use razor claw/scope lens with an already high CR attack like spacial rand, does the % stack? and same with king's rock for flinching (will holding kings rock make moves like air slash have higher flinching %)? thanks.
serebii has the mechanics for crits, I would think that flinching is the same

edit: If a pokemon uses belly drum and gets guts activated, does the guts boost anything, of is it just counted as +6 boost from belly drum?

Does every legendary Pokemon in HGSS respawn if you knock them out and then defeat the Elite Four again? I am particularly interested in the roamers for this question.

Do their stats (nature/IVs) change for each respawn?

Does a Pokémon's ability change when it evolves? I know I heard if you trade a Clefairy over from Emerald it has a 50% chance of getting Magic Guard when you evolve it, but does that work for every Pokémon? I'm asking cause I can't find a Hoppip with Chlorophyll but if they have a 50% chance of getting it when they evolve then that's okay. Cause they're incredibly rare in SS, it says 10% on Bulbapedia but it took me all morning to catch 3 and they all have Leaf Guard O_O

So i've been trying to catch a timid(+speed,-attack) mewtwo for the past about 10 hours with good iv's
So far i've gotten nothing, but finally after what seems about the millionth time of throwing ultra balls at this purple homo, i get a hasty(+speed, -def) mewtwo with 28/12/0/30/13/30 as his iv's

I'm torn as of what to do, my mewtwo will be used in doubles to be able to set a taunt or sweep. So obviously he needs good speed and special attack. Which this iv set is practically made for. But the 0 def iv's and the -defense nature worries me.

Advice on if i should keep it and/or what i should do would be apreciated.

Does a Pokémon's ability change when it evolves? I know I heard if you trade a Clefairy over from Emerald it has a 50% chance of getting Magic Guard when you evolve it, but does that work for every Pokémon? I'm asking cause I can't find a Hoppip with Chlorophyll but if they have a 50% chance of getting it when they evolve then that's okay. Cause they're incredibly rare in SS, it says 10% on Bulbapedia but it took me all morning to catch 3 and they all have Leaf Guard O_O
The ability can only change if the Pokémon is migrated and has a new ability in 4th gen (or was caught in Colosseum / XD). You could always breed a few Hoppip, if they're really that rare...

So i've been trying to catch a timid(+speed,-attack) mewtwo for the past about 10 hours with good iv's
So far i've gotten nothing, but finally after what seems about the millionth time of throwing ultra balls at this purple homo, i get a hasty(+speed, -def) mewtwo with 28/12/0/30/13/30 as his iv's

I'm torn as of what to do, my mewtwo will be used in doubles to be able to set a taunt or sweep. So obviously he needs good speed and special attack. Which this iv set is practically made for. But the 0 def iv's and the -defense nature worries me.

Advice on if i should keep it and/or what i should do would be apreciated.

You know, if this were in gen 3, you could give it counter. Otherwise, a Gimmicky guard swap set could work. Other wise, its OK.

May I ask if my pokemon uses a move Bide and has a item Metronome,
are there any effects due to Metronome?
Situation 1: choose bide at first time and wait until attack
Situation 2: attack once using bide and then use it again immediately

Thanks.

I have a question:

Well, I have a lvl.11 Timid Caterpie. It is a good Nature for a Butterfree, and I would like to try my hand at EV training.

Now, I understand most of it, but my problem is that some of the EV Hotspots are of a higher level than my Caterpie/Butterfree. As a result, I'll probably have to raise it a few levels.

Does that not mean I will accumulate a few EVs I won't need? For example, to raise Caterpie I will have to battle numerous Pokemon, perhaps Machops, and gain unwanted Attack EVs.

Obviously I can use Berries to remove such EVs; but then, won't I have already been awarded Stats in the process of levelling up?

The wider implications of this is that if I received a Lvl. 99 Pokemon, and then proceeded to remove all the EVs, won't it already have received Stat Boosts along the way, since I've read that +63 is spread across the journey up to Lvl. 100?

Thanks for your help, since this has really confused me, haha.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Blissey and Vaporeon are usually better, if only because they're not weak to pursuit, but Gardevoir has its niche thanks to wish+trace (if P-2 could learn wish then it would be obviously better).

I have a question:

Well, I have a lvl.11 Timid Caterpie. It is a good Nature for a Butterfree, and I would like to try my hand at EV training.

Now, I understand most of it, but my problem is that some of the EV Hotspots are of a higher level than my Caterpie/Butterfree. As a result, I'll probably have to raise it a few levels.

Does that not mean I will accumulate a few EVs I won't need? For example, to raise Caterpie I will have to battle numerous Pokemon, perhaps Machops, and gain unwanted Attack EVs.

Obviously I can use Berries to remove such EVs; but then, won't I have already been awarded Stats in the process of levelling up?

The wider implications of this is that if I received a Lvl. 99 Pokemon, and then proceeded to remove all the EVs, won't it already have received Stat Boosts along the way, since I've read that +63 is spread across the journey up to Lvl. 100?

The way to correct this is to put the Pokemon in the PC and then take it back out. You see, the game doesn't keep track of stats when it's in the PC, so it recalculates them when you withdraw a Pokemon. This way, your stats will match the new EV's.

I have a question:

The stats will reduce. Take an untrained pokemon (the higher the lev, the better) and give it HP UP's; You will see its HP increasing even tho it didn't level!

So, if I had a Lvl. 99 Caterpie and fed it 11 Pomeg Berries, its HP would go back to how it would be without an EV gain in that stat, after I put it in a PC?

The other day, I saw my Pokémon had been infected with Pokérus on HeartGold. The thing is, I don't remember catching any Pokémon; or maybe I did, and didn't realize it had Pokérus... is there any way they could have contracted it without me catching a Pokémon with Pokérus? It's weird...

The other day, I saw my Pokémon had been infected with Pokérus on HeartGold. The thing is, I don't remember catching any Pokémon; or maybe I did, and didn't realize it had Pokérus... is there any way they could have contracted it without me catching a Pokémon with Pokérus? It's weird...
The Pokerus can be obtained randomly.

It doesn't have to be infected by another Pokemon for it to obtain the Pokerus.

So, if I had a Lvl. 99 Caterpie and fed it 11 Pomeg Berries, its HP would go back to how it would be without an EV gain in that stat, after I put it in a PC?
Why in God's name is it still a Caterpie? Congrats on now being able to only get a Metapod, but to answer your question, I beleive it does, yes.

Suicune can be SR on hg/ss, Route 25 with relatively ease. How can I go about SR the runners; Raikou+Entei and the Lati twins? When are both pairs' natures and ivs set?

Can somebody tell me if this would allow you to win instantly in competitive Ubers? (I'm just typing this off the top of my head, keep in mind)
Zacchaeus sends out Wobbuffet (Lv100 Wobbuffet?). Opponent sends out Breloom. (Lv100 Breloom?)
Breloom used Spore! Wobbuffet fell asleep! Wobbuffet's Lum Berry woke it up!
Wobbuffet used Encore! Breloom got an encore!
Breloom used Spore! Wobbuffet fell asleep! Wobbuffet is fast asleep.
Zacchaeus switched in Clefable (Lv100 Clefable?). Breloom used Spore!
Zacchaeus wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)