Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I haven't RNGed in HG/SS yet and I'm having trouble figuring out how frame advancement is done. Is there an equivalent for journal flipping for eggs, or are there no wandering NPCs in the Johto daycare?

Also, I'm trying to catch a Kyogre and I've found the initial seed C30401F3 gives me a Modest 31/7/31/31/31/30 spread on Frame 13 with Method K. The "actual frame" is 30. What does this mean, and how do I land on this frame?

I haven't RNGed in HG/SS yet and I'm having trouble figuring out how frame advancement is done. Is there an equivalent for journal flipping for eggs, or are there no wandering NPCs in the Johto daycare?

Also, I'm trying to catch a Kyogre and I've found the initial seed C30401F3 gives me a Modest 31/7/31/31/31/30 spread on Frame 13. The "actual frame" is 30. What does this mean, and how do I land on this frame?
Do you guys ever read the first page of this thread?lol
Nearly 80% of all these questions won't be here if you did:P
Yeah there is a equivalent for advancing the frame.
You do it with the radio which is very nice explained on the first page in OmegaDonuts post.

But for Kyogre/Rayquaza and Groudon there is an even simpler way:
Every time you leave and renter the cave of K/R/G your frame is advanced +1. (which also stands in OmegaDonuts post)

Ah also: Kyogre is a Method K Pokemon, don't you bother with the actual frame as the frame RNG Reporter gives you out is the one you gotta hit.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Also, I'm trying to catch a Kyogre and I've found the initial seed C30401F3 gives me a Modest 31/7/31/31/31/30 spread on Frame 13 with Method K. The "actual frame" is 30. What does this mean, and how do I land on this frame?
Actual frame is the Method 1 equivalent. For instance, if you look at the same seed on Method 1, you'll find that spread on frame 30.

Ignore it.

Do you guys ever read the first page of this thread?lol
Nearly 80% of all these questions won't be here if you did:P
Yeah there is a equivalent for advancing the frame.
You do it with the radio which is very nice explained on the first page in OmegaDonuts post.

But for Kyogre/Rayquaza and Groudon there is an even simpler way:
Every time you leave and renter the cave of K/R/G your frame is advanced +1. (which also stands in OmegaDonuts post)
Okay, sorry :( It's a huge thread and I've seen a lot of useful posts throughout this thread but I've forgotten where all of the information I want is. Didn't think to check the first page.

Thanks for the help.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@mingot: All right, I'm still not really further.
The thing is: The verification with Entei Raikou and lat might be fine but I wanna get how this calls with Elm work.

PHS says there are these three answer patterns:
し:ポケモンの しんかというのは~ - This one is about Evolutions of Pokemon
カ:カントーには まだ ぼくの~ - This one is about Kanto
菌:ポケルスが くっついた~ - This one tells you about Pokerus.

The thing is: I get none of these but only about his research of Eggs.
Well I'll try further, I just thought I might let you know things I have found out (damn which is basically nothing:()
Lets move this to the research thread. Less dumb crap there to contend with.

If you could repost, I have some comments and questions.

Hoepfully somebody could shed some light onto this little problem i'm currently having.... I have successfully hit my correct seed (9F030201) and have tried advancing the RNG via radio.... but I can't seem to get this right.... and I have no clue what is going on... I then tried to just do a couple of advancements via radio to make sure they advance the correct ammount.... I tried with both bottom buttons.... the time I tried with the bottom left button (reportedly a advancement of about 3) I clicked the button 6 times total expecting to land on frame 21 (+2 for sweet scenting the pokemon to check my seed, and one for Lugia...) so the radio would advance it by 18.... I put the IVs of said Lugia into the RNG reporter... and it said my frame was either 42, 46, 114, or 144... now one must note that all of these ARE divisible by 6... but not when you add in the extra 3...

then I also tried with the bottom right button (reportedly advancing 1 each time) and so I clicked it 17 times (expecting to land on frame 20) so when I put the Lugia in the RNG reporter this time... it said I landed on frame 44....

this makes me wonder whether I should get another seed altogether (would be nice if somebody could give me their seed they used for Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 and let me know of the advances they used....)... or if I'm doing my math wrong (then again I checkd my math over and over again....) thank you for any help....

No they are just the same. Although it is possible to hit very low delays in HG/SS, Wild Eep did 4001 the other day.

For checking: Just put the ID and SID you got into ID Finder to see how much you was actually off your desired seed.
Even one second off will give you a total different ID/SID combination.
I think I need to reword my problem. I'm resetting at 5:21:20 on the 19th of the 12th 2009, to try and hit a delay of 4611, which according to RNG Reporter will give me the seed D05120C, which is what I want. However, every time I actually hit 4611, I get the seed 2405120C.

Hoepfully somebody could shed some light onto this little problem i'm currently having.... I have successfully hit my correct seed (9F030201) and have tried advancing the RNG via radio.... but I can't seem to get this right.... and I have no clue what is going on... I then tried to just do a couple of advancements via radio to make sure they advance the correct ammount.... I tried with both bottom buttons.... the time I tried with the bottom left button (reportedly a advancement of about 3) I clicked the button 6 times total expecting to land on frame 21 (+2 for sweet scenting the pokemon to check my seed, and one for Lugia...) so the radio would advance it by 18.... I put the IVs of said Lugia into the RNG reporter... and it said my frame was either 42, 46, 114, or 144... now one must note that all of these ARE divisible by 6... but not when you add in the extra 3...

then I also tried with the bottom right button (reportedly advancing 1 each time) and so I clicked it 17 times (expecting to land on frame 20) so when I put the Lugia in the RNG reporter this time... it said I landed on frame 44....

this makes me wonder whether I should get another seed altogether (would be nice if somebody could give me their seed they used for Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 and let me know of the advances they used....)... or if I'm doing my math wrong (then again I checkd my math over and over again....) thank you for any help....

this got burried.....

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I don't think you are using Sweet Scent correctly. After you catch the pokemon, take the "Actual Frame" of its spread and add 6 to that. So if the actual frame of it was 35, then you add 6 to get 41. That is your current frame before any radio advances (this is just an example, I have no clue what the true frame and actual frame of the stuff in that seed is).

I don't think you are using Sweet Scent correctly. After you catch the pokemon, take the "Actual Frame" of its spread and add 6 to that. So if the actual frame of it was 35, then you add 6 to get 41. That is your current frame before any radio advances (this is just an example, I have no clue what the true frame and actual frame of the stuff in that seed is).

hmmm.... the frame is 2.... and the actual is 21.... what does that mean?

EDIT: OH MY LORD.... THANK YOU DITTO.... you saved my LIFE... I did the math... it turns out... by using the "actual frame" my match was spot on... and it was advancing 3 each time.... thank you SOOO much.... and now when trying to hit a specific frame... do I go for the actual frame on that? or the other one (because it lined up with the other one....)

EDIT2: oh, and for that help... you net 5 credits in my store

It means that the frame that was used to create the pokemon was frame two. But to figure out what frame you are on AFTER the battle, you take the actual and add 6 to it. So now you'll be at frame 27, so you need to figure out how many advances you need to do now.

It means that the frame that was used to create the pokemon was frame two. But to figure out what frame you are on AFTER the battle, you take the actual and add 6 to it. So now you'll be at frame 27, so you need to figure out how many advances you need to do now.
yeah... thanks... a credit for you too... credits all around... :)

Quick about lugia,
Will I be able to advance the frame using the radio outside the cave of lugia?

If so would it be
Frame - radio taps -1 for entering cave - 0 for roamers - 1 for lugia = 0?

When trying to abuse for IV Breeding on DPPt, I'm at the step when you figure out what Save Frame you're on. When I'm the doing the process, I consistently get 8 then 9 then 8 then 9 then 8 then 9, and so on... What am I doing wrong?

Quick about lugia,
Will I be able to advance the frame using the radio outside the cave of lugia?

If so would it be
Frame - radio taps -1 for entering cave - 0 for roamers - 1 for lugia = 0?
yes, yes, yes....

EDIT: THANKS TO ALL!!!! I FINALLY got down the HG/SS RNG and can finally go beat the effing game....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)