Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

When trying to abuse for IV Breeding on DPPt, I'm at the step when you figure out what Save Frame you're on. When I'm the doing the process, I consistently get 8 then 9 then 8 then 9 then 8 then 9, and so on... What am I doing wrong?
There are NPC(s) that is moving before you collect the egg.
Try to save and see if any visible NPCs (the 2 cowgirls) moves as soon as the save screen go away.
If they move then you have to try again.

If they dont move, then there a chance that you may have a frame that will be consistent, providing that the other 3 npc dont move

@ pokemon coordinator777
Thanks

When trying to abuse for IV Breeding on DPPt, I'm at the step when you figure out what Save Frame you're on. When I'm the doing the process, I consistently get 8 then 9 then 8 then 9 then 8 then 9, and so on... What am I doing wrong?
You're doing nothing wrong. It's just that sometimes NPC's move. Just either try to resave or press faster.

My own question:

In HG/SS does calling Elm raise the frame?

It seems that the Japanese are on to something.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You're doing nothing wrong. It's just that sometimes NPC's move. Just either try to resave or press faster.

My own question:

thats being worked on atm, Mingot posted something about it previously but theres no definitive answer to that question atm.

There are NPC(s) that is moving before you collect the egg.
Try to save and see if any visible NPCs (the 2 cowgirls) moves as soon as the save screen go away.
If they move then you have to try again.

If they dont move, then there a chance that you may have a frame that will be consistent, providing that the other 3 npc dont move

@ pokemon coordinator777
Thanks
Thanks! 31/31/31/x/31/31 Heracross, here I come! :]

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

My own question:

There is a definitive answer. You call Elm, after you've showed him the Togepi and he's told you about Pokerus, then the order in which he tells you about these things can be used to verify the seed. We're trying to integrate it into RNG Reporter.

Hey guys it's been a while since i last been on smogon, but I'm trying to RNG for heart gold. I'm currently in front Red Gyra. I have two question???

1. If I faint Red Gyra will I be able to re battle him after i beat the E4? I think read somewhere in this tread that you can just trying to make sure though.

2. I haven't RNG anything on Heart Gold yet can you guys point me in the right way?

For abusing in the Great Marsh, can anybody help?
I hit my seed, ran in, then sweet scented, caught the wooper that cam up, and paused immediately. Assuming nobody moved during the time it took to pause, are these calculations correct?
I'm aiming for 108, the wooper's actual frame was 100, now what else do I subtract? Monster and sweet scent advancement? And what would those numbers be?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For abusing in the Great Marsh, can anybody help?
I hit my seed, ran in, then sweet scented, caught the wooper that cam up, and paused immediately. Assuming nobody moved during the time it took to pause, are these calculations correct?
I'm aiming for 108, the wooper's actual frame was 100, now what else do I subtract? Monster and sweet scent advancement? And what would those numbers be?
You should be on frame 106. You add 6 frames after the actual frame (assuming it's the same as HGSS).

EDIT: Grr now that I switched to 15 I am getting 14 seconds again! AHHH! I also found out I was putting the time wrong so thats helping.

EDIT 2 : I just got the right seconds but the delay was off by 2! AHHHH! I just likes to torture me! Im soo close to my first successful legend RNG! RAHHH! lol.

Hey guys it's been a while since i last been on smogon, but I'm trying to RNG for heart gold. I'm currently in front Red Gyra. I have two question???

1. If I faint Red Gyra will I be able to re battle him after i beat the E4? I think read somewhere in this tread that you can just trying to make sure though. I recalled that one of the researchers stated that, due to Red Gyra's location being raining all the time, it would be almost impossible to consistently hit the exact frame. It will be much easier trying to hatch a shiny magikarp and SRing (with RNGReporter's help) for near-flawless IVs.

2. I haven't RNG anything on Heart Gold yet can you guys point me in the right way? Take a look at first page, post #2 by OmegaDonut. He consolidated some info about HGSS there.
Answers in bold.

I think I'm screwing this Grat marsh thing up really badly. I'm trying to do it as if I'm chaining:

Hit my seed, run in, sweet scent, the poke I catch is on the actual frame of 27. 108 - 27= 81
so I unpause, quickly turn, then repause, 81-1=80
Then there's the -6 so 74.
I do the 37 journal flips, sweet scent, and get a pokemon that is not the one I want, so obviously an NPC moved. So I catch the pokemon and try to find it's frame, but it's nowhere on Reporter.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I'm screwing this Grat marsh thing up really badly. I'm trying to do it as if I'm chaining:

Hit my seed, run in, sweet scent, the poke I catch is on the actual frame of 27. 108 - 27= 81
so I unpause, quickly turn, then repause, 81-1=80
Then there's the -6 so 74.
I do the 37 journal flips, sweet scent, and get a pokemon that is not the one I want, so obviously an NPC moved. So I catch the pokemon and try to find it's frame, but it's nowhere on Reporter.
33 + 1 + 74 = 108...so therefore, when you sweet scent it will advance the frame past your target. I forget how much Sweet Scent advances in Plat. 1 or 2, either way it will make you miss your frame.

Hey guys... does anybody have any Bold Hidden Power Electric Method K spreads? (with or without Synch) and a Bold Hidden Power Ice method K (with or without Synch) thank you

It tends to happen, there are theories about split spreads, but as I remember this was only for spreads where A und B were involved.
So basically yeah, if you use B inheritance only it should work.
As I thought it pretty hard to hit the Seeds from Kazokun I simply searched for other ones in RNG Reporter with B only and it seems to work,
at least my HG/SS breeds in my thread agree with me :)
What about skipping egg PIDs? I've tried a few times to breed a shiny, and it seems to "randomly" skip some egg PIDs, and for me has always skipped the shiny egg PID.

For now I went back to Diamond to breed, but would rather find a way in HGSS so I don't have to keep trading back and forth.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
In HGSS, is the IV man from Battle Tower also there as it is in Platinum?
Because that way checking IVs from the eggs will be much easier.
In DP, there's no IV man or "The Judge" as what he called himself, so what I do is to use rare candies and certain vitamins to check IVs.

And is it true that HP and Defense are now easy to pass? (even if not using Power Weight or Belt for IV passing)

I have to choose where to breed...either in Plat or in HGSS. But some says that RNG Breeding in HGSS is also inconsistent.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the Method K frame and the Actual frame that you're on? As far as I can gather, the actual frame is the frame that you're on after you've fought the pokemon, by using its stats to find which frame you're on in RNG reporter. Except, surely, that's what the "Method K Frame" is, so how do you get your "actual" frame from that?

Any help would be appreciated.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the Method K frame and the Actual frame that you're on? As far as I can gather, the actual frame is the frame that you're on after you've fought the pokemon, by using its stats to find which frame you're on in RNG reporter. Except, surely, that's what the "Method K Frame" is, so how do you get your "actual" frame from that?

Methods J\K are basically "forward the RNG until you reach a Method 1 spread with X nature".

"Actual frame" refers to the corresponding Method 1 frame. Ignore it.

Ditto

/me huggles

The "Actual Frame" of a Method K spread is the Frame on which you would find that spread if you were using Method 1. And after the battle, you are advanced 6 passed the "Actual Frame".

The "Actual Frame" of a Method K spread is the Frame on which you would find that spread if you were using Method 1. And after the battle, you are advanced 6 passed the "Actual Frame".
Okay, wait, I think I understand. So, I load up the game, then sweet scent and catch the pokemon, get my seed from its IVs, then search for the caught 'mon's IVs in the Method 1 results for that particular seed, find it, then add six to the frame, and that's the frame I'm on? But, how would that work, since the caught pokemon would be generated with Method K, wouldn't it?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Okay, wait, I think I understand. So, I load up the game, then sweet scent and catch the pokemon, get my seed from its IVs, then search for the caught 'mon's IVs in the Method 1 results for that particular seed, find it, then add six to the frame, and that's the frame I'm on? But, how would that work, since the caught pokemon would be generated with Method K, wouldn't it?
Listen. You advance the RNG to the Method K frame that RNG Reporter says will give you the spread you want. Then use Sweet Scent. There's no need to make it more complicated than that.

People have a tendency to misunderstand and overcomplicate things for themselves with the "Actual frame" column. That's why mingot's been considering renaming and\or moving it.

a question for those who got Suicune..... did you save in the grass way the f*ck to the left and sweet scent to check your seed? or did you just save in front of Suicune and pray you hit it?

Listen. You advance the RNG to the Method K frame that RNG Reporter says will give you the spread you want. Then use Sweet Scent. There's no need to make it more complicated than that.

People have a tendency to misunderstand and overcomplicate things for themselves with the "Actual frame" column. That's why mingot's been considering renaming and\or moving it.
So, what is the purpose of the "Actual Frame"? Do you use it when catching roamers and other method 1 'mon? But surely your current frame would still be the Method K frame of the caught pokemon, and your target frame would just be the one for which Method 1 generates your desired spread? But your current frame shouldn't be affected by the method of your target frame, should it?

oke so im at Ho-oh for the first time. the girls did their dancing and he landed. i went down the stairs again and saved. so what do i do? do i use a method 1 or method J or K seed? once i find a good spread using any of these methods ill catch a poke, check its IVs and enter to see the seed iv hit. i than up the frame by using the radio to the point that i want and than go up the stairs. (making sure to note that going up the stairs advances the frame by 1) than encounter ho-oh and it should have the spread i want correct? so which method is the right one ? i looked at the first post from omegadonut and didnt get the answer i was looking for.

So in order to successfully RNG for the Latis, we need to calibrate the number of frame advances on said seed. Since it'll most likely be the same advances.

Also, does soft resetting affect the seed or frame advances?

EDIT: Also what method do I use for wild pokemon in HGSS?
Question bumping maneuver!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)