aifaM wolF: Game Over! Kharozz wins!

Flow Mafia Postgame

This game was made mostly as a 'joke', but I wanted to make it 'serious' as well so it wasn't entirely a troll. As everyone can deduce by now, Flow Mafia was infact Wolf Mafia or aifaM wolF, consisting of 14 wolves, 1 mafia, and 6 villagers. The village was stacked with roles that would beat the wolf if there were enough villagers left at the end, as well as a handy combination of roles. The wolves were all different in some way because it would be boring if they were all the same. I tried to rank the priorities according to how powerful I thought they were (so the most powerful wolf killed last, only before the mafia). The mafia had most likely the biggest chance to win out of everyone, having a permanent BPV.

The 'Flow' rule was indeed nothing more than a red herring as some people worked out. Flow is Wolf backwards, and that was as far as 'Flow' came into this game. Since there was a warning in the OP of the signups thread that this game isn't as serious as most games, I figured I had to have something that would make people miss the wolF thing. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that the Flow rule made some people idle on the first night when they otherwise wouldn't have, which I probably should have foreseen. Nevertheless, things went pretty well, and somehow there weren't nearly as many kills as I thought there would be on the first night.

Here is the spreadsheet with all the roles and all of the items in their original positions. The second sheet contains all of the actions in the game up until the last night which we evaluated automatically.

Comments on how the game worked out:

Night 0: Everyone was excited that they were wolf which was pretty hilarious although it did make me feel a little guilty. It was fun to ask people what they were planning, though most people just ended up staying back and not talking to anyone I think. billymills was targeted for two kills, high priority wolves killed low priority wolves, and there was a triple up on hailflameblast, which I guess shows that if you post on Night 0 as an important villager you'll get knocked off by the wolf by at least those three people! Also, unfortunately shuckles my hero didn't claim Night 0 so he was offed early, when I thought I had made it fairly obvious how the role was to be played by even stating that being protected would yield a greater reward in the role PM and he was equipped with a hooker immunity item. This was quite a crippling blow to the village.

Day 1: There were some shocked reactions to all the wolves dying, and everyone tried to act like it was great for the village (which is of course everyone's alliance) while probably thinking 'oh damn it will take a lot of luck to win this' and 'oh, so I'm not the only wolf...'. UncleSam was pretty significant this day, as was BASS. BASS trolled quite a bunch of people under the nickname The_Lord on IRC, but slipped up and was caught by billymills. UncleSam also came up with a good logic base to lynch God based on and earned the village's trust.

Night 1: A lot of people targeted UncleSam with kills, but UncleSam had earned the protection of a couple of village BGs so that wasn't a problem. However, it turned out that there was also a mass village slaughter on this night, resulting in the village almost being exterminated (they only had one mayor left afterwards..).

Day 2: Raito Light who was fairly new to mafia got caught out with a suspiciously obscure PM and then gave up under scrutiny, resulting in another wolf lynch by 'village leader' UncleSam. Pretty fast day.

Night 2: UncleSam knew he was screwed over now that the village had lost its bodyguards, and he was right. The last villager died, as well as another two wolves. With only six players left, things were looking like it was going to be close.

Day 3: Everyone was a wolf except billymills, and everybody thought that the village was still around, so the final six were happy to take their chances with No Lynch rather than draw attention to themself.

Night 3: Funnily enough, the three wolves with the least chance of winning power / item wise all died this night.

Day 4: At this point, the game was still really interesting. Assuming there was an actual lynch rather than a No Lynch, there was no person that could win against both of the surviving players. billymills, whose vote counted for 0 votes while holding the Cigars, could not beat Darkamber8828 one on one because Darkamber8828 had a hooking power to stop him from offloading his item or killing. Therefore, Darkamber8828 would successfully lynch billymills the next day. Kharozz couldn't beat billymills' BPV one on one, and Darkamber8828 couldn't hook the higher priority Kharozz due to the items Kharozz was holding. It was still anyone's game, but Kharozz logically deduced that billymills was the BPV based on the fact that his kill had not worked on Night 0 and that billymills, a fairly big name in mafia, should not have survived so long. He then convinced Darkamber8828 to go after billymills, sealing his victory. Ironically, Kharozz had been the least or second least likely to win at the beginning of the game. Congrats Kharozz!

Description of each role in the game and the user's play:

Note: Wolves are in kill priority order.

You are the Werewolf. Your night action is Night x - Eat USER. You will tear USER to shreds and eat him, quite obviously resulting in his death. You win if you are the last man standing.

ITEM: You have the Serviette. This item causes any kills made by the holder to show only the rolename and user in the update.
The #fluodome wolf, with an item because otherwise he'd have absolutely nothing other than the highest priority for kills. Kharozz kept quiet and made an important move on the final day, nothing much else worth noting. Got pretty lucky with picking up items from the corpses. I think he made a false claim too.

You are Yagami Light. Your night action is Night x - Write down USER in Death Note. USER will die. In the PM you send, state the kill flavour you would like used in the update. You win if you are the last man standing.
Another really weak but high priority wolf. I was hoping for some entertaining kill flavour. Raito Light idled and then sent kill flavour 'strawberry'...

You are the Corrupt Cop. Your night action is Night x - Create an accident around USER. The accident will result in USER's death. Your second night action is Night x - Check files on USER. USER's role PM will be PMed to you. You win if you are the last man standing.
Kill + Inspect wolf. Xyphang survived a while and got a couple of useful results, but he never did anything with them. I think his plan was to keep quiet to avoid drawing attention to himself once he figured out there were so many killers.

You are Jackal. Your night action is Night x - Mole USER. You will leak USER's information, resulting in his death. Upon inspection, you will appear to be a village-aligned Question Asker with the following role PM 'You are a Fortune Teller. Your night action is Night x - Ask Y/N Question. In the PM, specify a question about the game that the host can answer with Yes or No. You will receive the answer by the next day. You win if the village wins.' You win if you are the last man standing.

ITEM: You have the Crystal Ball. This item allows each holder to ask a Yes or No question to the host once in the game by PMing the host with Night x - Asking Question.
Mole wolf, with a one time per holder item which allowed him to fake his fake role better. Not particularly strong in a game full of killers, in my opinion. Exarius stayed back until he was approached by UncleSam, to whom he gave suspicious answers. This didn't matter though, because UncleSam was killed by someone else. However, billymills ended up killing him anyway.

You are the Mastermind. Your night action is Night x - Eliminate USER. You will put together a masterful plan that will results in USER's death that night. Your second night action is Night x - Isolate USER. USER will be immune from night actions other than kills that night. You may not target the same player with both night actions on the same night, and you may not target yourself. You win if you are the last man standing.
Safeguard and kill that can be used at the same time. Could be used to allow other wolves to break through bodyguard protection. This was what I expected to take apart the village, but instead UncleSam used it to lead the village for a couple of days until all the bodyguards died. Good thing for him that this role couldn't be used against him as he tried to lead. UncleSam was one of the most actively talking and planning roles in the game, and he played really well, but the BGs dying just made it impossible for him to survive any longer than he did.

You are the Secret Agent. You do not appear on the player list during Night 0. You must send a PM during Night 0 to select an alias of up to 20 alphanumeric characters plus spaces. You will then assume a position on the player list with that alias from the beginning of Day 1. Your night action, which may be performed from Night 1 onwards, is Night x - Throw darts at USER, which will kill USER. You win if you are the last man standing.
Basically a fun role, but with the added bonus of being practically invulnerable to kills on Night 0, giving a clear advantage over some of the other wolves. BASS chose God and trolled everyone, drawing much attention to himself and getting himself lynched due to UncleSam's logic of 'either God dies, or nobody dies -- win win situation'.

You are Darth Vader. Your night action is Night x - Force choke USER. USER will be choked to death that night. Your second night action is Night x - Force pull USER. You will obtain USER's items. You win if you are the last man standing.
Kill + Thief wolf. Could use both at once. There were some pretty useful items in this game, so it was a decent role I think. hailflameblast didn't know that this game was going to be completely crazy with the number of kills, so he drew attention to himself and got killed along with most of the other people doing that.

You are the Hateful Homeless Man. Your night action is Night x - Stab USER. USER will die due to these wounds. You will automatically obtain the items of all players that die. You win if you are the last man standing.
Auto-scavenger + Kill role. I ranked this just above the thief role, because there were so many kills. Dogfish44 picked up quite a few items and was in a decent position until Kharozz killed him.

You are the Torturer. Your night action is Night x - Torture USER. You will be forwarded any PMs that USER received from the host the past cycle. Nobody can survive your torture, so at the end of the night USER will die. You win if you are the last man standing.
This role had potential to be pretty strong because he would know who was hooked, inspection results, etc even if the inspector was protected. Unfortunately for theangryscientist, he never got a single message. theangryscientest lived until quite late but was eventually killed off.

You are Keigo Hayashi. Your night action is Night x - Sing for USER. Your music will flow into USER, replacing his blood. Unfortunately, music can't transport oxygen, so USER will die that night. Whoever that USER was targeting with their primary night action will fail to complete their night action that night. You win if you are the last man standing.
This role is a kill + hook the target of the user you kill role. This is the role most similar to the actual Flow rule I guess. Fishin got it, and he is a big name so he got killed before he could do anything, unfortunately. Great death post though.

You are the Psychotic Vacuum Cleaner Salesman. Your night action is Night x - Intrude on USER. USER will attack you furiously for intruding so late, and you will kill him in self-defense. Your second night action is Night x - Turn vacuum on USER. USER will be unable to complete night actions on that night. You win if you are the last man standing.
One of the strongest wolves, hooker + kill that can both be used simultaneously. I knew that the items might stop this wolf from winning one on one though, so I didn't rank it extremely high up. Darkamber8828 almost managed to win; the only thing that stopped him was the items Kharozz had obtained from Dogfish44. I think other than that he just laid back and sent in actions.

You are the Anaconda. Your night action is Night x - Swallow USER whole, thus killing USER. You will gain any secondary abilities USER may have had. You win if you are the last snake slithering.
The win condition is a joke, it is just the wolf win condition. I ranked this really high up because it had the potential to get a lot of great abilities all at once. Unfortunately, BunnyMaster was one of the first to die.

You are Mewtwo. Your night action is Night x - Hyper Beam USER1 and USER2. Both USER1 and USER2 will fall before your Hyper Beam's might. The night after you perform this action, you will be unable to perform a night action. You win if you are the last man standing.
Two kills per two nights, but two at once. I decided that this had potential to be very strong, so I ranked it very high. Maybe I ranked it too high. Class died first so he didn't get to do anything.

You are the Grey Wolf. Your night action is Night x - Rip USER limb from limb. That USER will die. Alternatively, your night action is Night x - Howl. You will summon another wolf to do your bidding, giving you an extra kill on future nights. You may only gather up to two additional wolves this way. You win if you are the last man standing.
This wolf had the potential to kill three times per night, which would really devastate. By that reasoning I gave this the highest rank of any wolf. Coronis howled on the first night but then died the second night.

-------------------------------

That's it for the wolves, unless you count the mafia, who was below all of the wolves in priority (so it was unlikely he would get many items due to double targets):

You are the Mafia Boss. Your night action is Night x - Send cronies to make an offer USER can't refuse. They will riddle USER's body with bullets, leaving him dead. You have professionals guarding your home, and so you cannot be killed at night. You do not have any partners in this game. You win if the Mafia wins.

ITEM: You have the Cigars. This item stops your vote from counting during the day.
The role with the highest chance in the game to win. A nightly kill, plus unable to be night killed at all, and with an item that allows for a 1 on 1 win. billymills almost won, but Kharozz managed to plot his demise after figuring out he was BPV.

-------------------------------

The Village of 6 people in a game of 21:

You are Jirachi. Your night action is Night x - Iron Head USER. There is a 60% chance that USER will be unable to perform a night action that night, unless you hold the King's Rock, in which case there is a 100% chance that USER will not be able to perform a night action that night. You win if the Village wins.

ITEM: You have the King's Rock. This item gives your night actions the highest priority in the game.
A hooker with a guarantee that his night action would be first, unless he lost his item, in which case the hooking became kind of gimped. CHENN was doing ok until the Night 1 massacre where the whole village died.

You are Barack Obama. Your night action is Night x - Writing Speech. Your vote during the following day will count for an extra one vote. Your second night action is Night x - Order US Army to defend USER. This action may or may not be successful, depending on hidden circumstances. You win if the Village wins.
Optional mayor for potential deceit, probably not the best game for it though. The defender part of his role was a 'half BG' which Jimbo would have had to figure out after he located Queen Elizabeth II and found that they had a similar role. If both of the two targeted the same user with the defend ability, the user would be protected from kills. Jimbo didn't do much and was a death in the Night 1 village massacre.

You are Queen Elizabeth II. Your night action is Night x - Declare Britain to be an ally of USER. This action may not have any effect if some unspecified conditions are not met. Your vote counts for two during the lynch votes. You win if the Village wins.
The Queen was the longest lived of the village. Permanent mayor plus the other half of the defender thing I just explained as a part of Jimbo's role. Towelie was not very active, and died on Night 2 with a couple of wolves.

You are Queen Elizabeth I. Your night action is Night x - Declare war on the enemies of USER. Nobody will be able to kill USER during that night. You win if the Village wins.
This queen was the village's full BG with no restraints. It's worth noting that there is no way that the village can protect all of their BGs across three nights, even without the Safeguard wolf and the Hooker wolf. Phantasia played this and didn't really do anything except send in night actions as far as I am aware. He died as part of the Night 1 massacre too.

You are the Schizophrenic Detective. Your night action is Night x - Inspect USER. You will receive the alliance of USER the next morning. If you receive protection on any night you inspect a player, you will get their full role PM instead. You win if the Village wins.

ITEM: You have the Magnifying Glass. This item makes the holder immune to role blockers.
This was the role I expected to come out into the open right away on Night 0, since it looks like it is basically set to be a village leader. The only thing this role had to fear was the Safeguard wolf, but instead, shuckles my hero didn't request protection or claim and died Night 0. This crippled the village and I think stopped them from uniting.

You are the Pirate. Your night action is Night x - Sail ship around USER. That USER will be protected from kills on that night. You may not sail around yourself. This ability may only be used once every two nights. Alternatively, your second night action is Night x - Plunder USER. You will steal any items that USER is holding. You win if the Village wins.
Finally, the village thief with a BG once in two nights. shade played this role and stole Jirachi's item and then died as part of the Night 1 massacre along with him.

Overall, I think the village had a decent shot, or at least a greater shot than any one of the other roles in the game (bar the Mafia Boss) which is how I justify it being so small.

Awards

Best Play / Most Active: UncleSam
UncleSam was in control of the village for most of the game and he wasn't a villager which is pretty impressive, even if he was eventually foiled by his activity.

Best Wolf: Kharozz
Kharozz made a false claim and put enough thought into the game to come out with a victory.

Best Villager: shade
There weren't any other good options, I think shade at least did something.

Best Mafia: billymills
The best mafia by a long shot.

News about my upcoming mafia games

After two not-so-serious mafia games (Chaos Mafia, Wolf Mafia), I am planning to do an experimental but much less ridiculous (I think anyway) and much more serious mafia game next. I won't announce its name yet though!

Thanks very much to jumpluff who wrote every single update, they would have been nowhere near as interesting nor eloquent as they were if you weren't around to write them. Thanks to everyone for playing, and I hope you all enjoyed it!

I guess I gotta shade some light on my stuff, as I promised...

So, when I got my role PM, and read it, I realised I was a wolf, which I could mole, or potentially lead the village with. I thought about it too, but then hail started to ask for claims. He started to talk with me, and a bit snooping around revealed that he had discussion going on with shuckle. Still believing that the Flow system was real, I decided to kill shuckle off, and maybe get hail/his imaginary twin (hail thought shuckle was paranoid inspector, and I suggested him to inspect hail's twin and give the results to him).

After the day came, 4 wolves were dead. At that point I started to doubt that there were a mafia in this game. As it was, I decided to just stand back, randkill people and hope nobody kills me.

Until N2. UncleSam starts to ask people for claims, and contacts me. I give him my question asker claim, but then he starts to ask me for questions and results. As I whip them up, I decide to off him.

The following day I thought about starting a lynch on billy (at uncle's request from the last night), but I decide to not to, because then I would have a big sign over me saying "KILL ME!! KILLL MEEEEEE!!" That ended up not-so-well anyways: He killed me the following night.

I gotta say, I was slightly disapointed when I realised this game was full of wolves; it became just pick your target, fire at will. As a result, I gave almost up on this. The premise was interesting, but I doubt I will play another one if it's made.

The following day I thought about starting a lynch on billy (at uncle's request from the last night), but I decide to not to, because then I would have a big sign over me saying "KILL ME!! KILLL MEEEEEE!!" That ended up not-so-well anyways: He killed me the following night.
Oddly enough, I killed you because you had only posted once by that point in the game.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I guess I gotta shade some light on my stuff, as I promised...

So, when I got my role PM, and read it, I realised I was a wolf, which I could mole, or potentially lead the village with. I thought about it too, but then hail started to ask for claims. He started to talk with me, and a bit snooping around revealed that he had discussion going on with shuckle. Still believing that the Flow system was real, I decided to kill shuckle off, and maybe get hail/his imaginary twin (hail thought shuckle was paranoid inspector, and I suggested him to inspect hail's twin and give the results to him).

After the day came, 4 wolves were dead. At that point I started to doubt that there were a mafia in this game. As it was, I decided to just stand back, randkill people and hope nobody kills me.

Until N2. UncleSam starts to ask people for claims, and contacts me. I give him my question asker claim, but then he starts to ask me for questions and results. As I whip them up, I decide to off him.

I gotta say, I was slightly disapointed when I realised this game was full of wolves; it became just pick your target, fire at will. As a result, I gave almost up on this. The premise was interesting, but I doubt I will play another one if it's made.
When I was asking you questions, I was REALLY hoping you would give me some decently believable answers so that I could "trust" you and tell you "valuable information" so that you would not kill me. Then I asked what you asked n0 and you told me...nothing? Like seriously though? Then I had to act like that was perfectly normal, but there was no way you would buy that I trusted you after that and I knew that you would try to kill me, so I tried to kill you too, betting that at least one of Kharozz/Xyphang was village. Of course, neither were, so I was screwed anyway. At least I got dogfish and billymills to target other people with my "Hey, guess what! A BG contacted me! Isn't that great! But don't tell anyone because I only trust you!" PMs lol. Even if I could have convinced Kharozz not to kill me/he wasn't a wolf, you outsped me anyways. I knew I was screwed as soon as I realized that you, billymills, and dogfish were ALL wolves, and that Kharozz was 80 percent likely to be a wolf as well. My biggest risk, which also became the reason I died, was that I publicized that I would be safeguarding Jimbo, both in an attempt to clean myself and to get him killed because he was unguardable. I was betting that he was a wolf, and he turned out to be half a BG, which if he had survived could have guarded me along with Towelie. Then I could have lynched billy D3(his "flow protector" fake was quite obvious once it became apparent there was no "flow"). Eh, that's just how the cards fall sometimes. Good game all.

If I had a nutshell, I would store this quote in it and throw it at this mafia game.

I wrote about three or four false claims, mostly people who couldn't do anything but had extra lives, like a someone's Deoxys-D [false inspection?] in someone's mafia. In the end, I decided to be slightly less savvy about mafia then I was, and killed people who asked for claims, mostly because I didn't know for sure how to insert an item into a role pm, because none of the dead people had any[run-on sentence]. So yeah.

Yeah. I'm sure many of us wolves can connect with at least ONE of Exarius' paragraphs.

I was compelled to post this non-sensical post because everyone else was doing it. It wasn't my fault.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tbh I would want to play in a game like this. It doesn't take as serious of a commitment as other mafia games and it goes by pretty quickly so it doesn't tie up your priority for too long. Obviously getting randed and playing "none" of the game is bad, but it has to happen in a game like this. The endgame discussions between the few players left seem like they would be very interesting, and I'd like to see how a properly unified village would do in a game like this.

I feel like explaining my thoughts as well.
I saw my role PM, and immediately did a quick fake about being a name inspector. First two nights, I rand-killed a couple players that I knew were good, but weren't very big names. Come day 1, with God in the picture, I decided to not vote on the lynch. I figured there would be a majority quickly enough. On the off chance God was actually what he claimed, I would have a decent chance to get converted. Until Night 2, I was hoping for a village inspect so I could get a BG on me. Killed Sam, even though in retrospect, I should have targeted Kharozz because he was most likely to get killed. (I automatically distrust anyone who was on my team for Cereal mafia). By Day 3, I decided that the game wouldn't last much longer. I chose not to claim because I would be painting a "KILL ME PLEASE" sign on my body. Night 3, I died, trying to kill someone with a higher priority than me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)