np: UU - Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
It actually wouldn't be that bad, as it could catch you some Dugtrios or Azumarills expecting you to NP, and if you misspredict and your opponent stays at least it doesn't mean you get KOed for setting up; and finally, stay safe against Chansey's status moves. I still prefer Sucker Punch/Beat Up though =x

Charizard gets Beat Up as well so both Houndoom and Charizard can rid of Chansey for Moltres. Then they can just keep attacking the opponents bulky water so it can't counter Moltres when it comes out. Double Fire is really effective in UU because besides Milotic, not much can really stand in their way.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
Ok guys, Mono Normal rocks I swear!!!!

Time to run Mono Rock.

On a serious note, Swellow + SubPerior has been working decently for me, as I can get setups on all those Regi switches.

I actually used a team of BulkyLass,Zangoose,Tauros,Ursarang,Staraptor, and Scarf Rotom that got me pretty high up, though that was probably because of Staraptor's brokeness than of the team's viability.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just like any other taunter.
Bibarel has few things to set it apart from other Taunters: Super Fang and Unaware, and a good support movepool with stuff like Thunder Wave and Yawn. Bibarel can come into pretty much any sweeper that can't hit it for Super Effective and at least paralyse it or take a chunk out of its health with Super Fang. Something like SD Rain Kabutops, which can easily run through a team a +2, will be crippled by a Thunder Wave wielding Bibarel, since he doesn't care how many SDs Kabutops has up. Meanwhile, an Adamant LO Kabutops' Stone Edge will fail to OHKO, while Bibarel can just Thunder Wave to at least downgrade the threat of Kabutops. Bibarel is probably also one of the best counters to Cro-Pokemon (Regirock, Umbreon, Miltank, Uxie, etc) with the exception of possibly Spiritomb, since Unaware completely nullifies the boosts, allowing Bibarel to Taunt and Super Fang + Waterfall it to death.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Swellow + Subperior sure is cool, and so is CB Scyther + Sub Torterra...Scyther is really a beast with that STAB CBed U-Turn.
It's become a regular on most of my teams now. The only downside is that you always need to run a spinner when using it...

I just learned that if you Fling a Light Ball it paralyzes the Target. Which means a lot more Pokemon, who previously failed to 2HKO Sash Variants or otherwise, can prevent Lead Froslass from setting up multiple layers of Spikes (not SR ~.~). I'll be back with a list~

Rampardos
Kingler
Ursarang
Crawdaunt
Zangoose
Toxicroak
Regirock
Sudowoodo
Exploud...

This is just a handful of viable Pokemon. So... yeah.

Sudowoodo is epic... my favorite troll poke online.

Yes it is awful, but getting woodhammer for a rock type with no recoil? yes please. plus explosion? also has priority lol

I would use sub+ life orb and SE, WH, and then fpunch or explosion or sucker punch for the lulz.

ok end sudowoodo love from me :D

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
Bibarel has few things to set it apart from other Taunters: Super Fang and Unaware, and a good support movepool with stuff like Thunder Wave and Yawn. Bibarel can come into pretty much any sweeper that can't hit it for Super Effective and at least paralyse it or take a chunk out of its health with Super Fang. Something like SD Rain Kabutops, which can easily run through a team a +2, will be crippled by a Thunder Wave wielding Bibarel, since he doesn't care how many SDs Kabutops has up. Meanwhile, an Adamant LO Kabutops' Stone Edge will fail to OHKO, while Bibarel can just Thunder Wave to at least downgrade the threat of Kabutops. Bibarel is probably also one of the best counters to Cro-Pokemon (Regirock, Umbreon, Miltank, Uxie, etc) with the exception of possibly Spiritomb, since Unaware completely nullifies the boosts, allowing Bibarel to Taunt and Super Fang + Waterfall it to death.
Bibarel is slower than Uxie and Milktank, will get outdamaged by most cursers eventually, which means if it doesn't die it'll be serevely weakened (and I ask you what does Bibarel do here that a poké with Encore can't do). Sure Unaware helps, but sacrificing one team slot under the assumption Bibarel and his terrible 79/60/60 defenses will be able to tank something for a long time (Kabutop's +0 Stone Edge will deal at least 70% to it); something that can't even switch in is just asking to lose, because the best I can see it doing is working as a situational poké, sacrificing itself to use Thunder Wave and maybe deal 30% damage.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Bibarel is slower than Uxie and Milktank, will get outdamaged by most cursers eventually, which means if it doesn't die it'll be serevely weakened (and I ask you what does Bibarel do here that a poké with Encore can't do). Sure Unaware helps, but sacrificing one team slot under the assumption Bibarel and his terrible 79/60/60 defenses will be able to tank something for a long time (Kabutop's +0 Stone Edge will deal at least 70% to it); something that can't even switch in is just asking to lose, because the best I can see it doing is working as a situational poké, sacrificing itself to use Thunder Wave and maybe deal 30% damage.
Very true. No Bibarel can do better against a Curser than a Pokemon with Encore. There are plenty of Pokemon who not only use Encore effectively but also aren't dead weight apart from performing that role.
But on the point of setup sweepers, how many Pokemon apart from Bibarel can actually stand up to one like Kabutops at +2? For this role, Bibarel actually does quite decently.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Encore is probably the best way of dealing with Cursers and the lot, although if you don't have good attacking Pokemon that can easily set-up on a Cro-Pokemon (Say Cradily), you may find it hard to take it down while it continues to setup in your face and it may just pull off a sweep. An example would be Jumpluff. Yes, you can Encore Curse, but there's no way Jumpluff by itself can take down something Curse RestTalk Cradily in the Sand. You'll have to switch to something like Raikou and start Calm Minding and getting to +4 or something before you can kill it in time (Cradily won't get 4HKO'd by Raikou's attacks), by which time Encore might have ran out and you have a +4 or +5 Attack/Defense monster on your hands. Don't get me wrong (There are much, much better ways of killing Cradily stuck on Curse, but I was just making a point), Encore is better in most situations, but there are definitely certain perks that Bibarel has (Being able to stop the Cro-Pokemon setting up and actually taking it down by itself). Not only that, but Bibarel can at least cripple heavy sweepers that can't Super Effectively hit it like SD Kabutops, Belly Drummers (Bibarel completely lols at Belly Drummers), Baton Pass teams, and can do quite a number on stall teams.

Swellow + Subperior sure is cool, and so is CB Scyther + Sub Torterra...Scyther is really a beast with that STAB CBed U-Turn.
It's become a regular on most of my teams now. The only downside is that you always need to run a spinner when using it...
I use Swellow + Subperior + Growth Venusaur. Growth Saur is really cool and everyone knows how powerful Swellow can be, and Rhyperior can take out the steels that wall both.

Saur@Leftovers
Timid
252/252

Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Growth
Sleep Powder

Synthesis can be used over Sleep Powder, though both help to set up in their own way. With it you actually have a chance at beating Chansey, if you get lucky enough to get some Sp.Def drops with Energy Ball.

Pretty good set, but HP Ground should be slashed with Sludge Bomb. It's a choice between being walled by Registeel or Moltres.

Defensive Torterra + Restalk Milotic is a pretty effective duo. Grass-types can get annoying cause Torterra is neutral but I just pair it with Jumpluff and they don't become a problem at all. It's really fun to just Roar out the Moltres switch-in and have it take 50% damage without actually accomplishing anything.

I've been experimenting with my Persian lead more and it's really effective (I think Narulyg can vouch for this =p), especially against rain teams. Switcheroo the Electrode and they only get 4 turns of rain. U-turn out as Electrode switches then I bring in Milo/Torterra depending on the Pokemon. Trickscarf Uxie are absolutely useless due to Limber and Hypnosis handles any other leads. SubWoW Rotom with max Speed/Special Attack also manages to annoy all day, and I find a specially defensive CB Skuntank able to check a lot of pokes in this meta (I'm looking at you here, Zam).

I'm guessing you meant shouldn't. And that is a good point so maybe HP Ground should be the main move. I guess Sludge Bomb could hit Moltres on a switch-in though.

I like CB Spiritomb. Same as CB Skuntank, but with better typing, Trick, worse Speed, and worse Attack. But I personally prefer the typing over the power and speed.

I like CB Spiritomb. Same as CB Skuntank, but with better typing, Trick, worse Speed, and worse Attack. But I personally prefer the typing over the power and speed.
I'm a user of CB Spiritomb as well (with Return, which kicks ass). I guess it depends on your team. I find the power useful, and I like that Skuntank can use Crunch instead of having to rely on Sucker Punch for a more powerful hit. Explosion is also pretty awesome too, it can take down any wall not resistant/immune. Still does a shitload to Regi anyway.

HP Ground leaves you completely walled by grass types, though it would be nice to hit poison and steel types SE, though grass types are more prominent. I still think that dual stab is the best way to go.

Huh, never thought of using Return. What do you use it over? I use Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, Pursuit, and Trick. Maybe over Pursuit, but that is probably the most important move on the set for getting rid of Chansey and Psychic-types. I guess Spiritomb would be better on a defensive team for its good typing and Skuntank would be better on an offensive team for its brute force.

I don't know, it was just a suggestion. Registeel is pretty common though and there are a ton of Poison-types in UU. That's the whole reason Toxic Spikes are never used. Although I guess you can hit a few of them for neutral damage because of their dual-typing, such as Nidoking and Venusaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)