9. LonelyNess
10. Chris is me
11. KnightoftheWind
12. the pugilist
13. DaLetterEl -> BunnyMaster
14. Death Incarnate -> SevenDeadlySins
15. Heysup
16. Colonel M

If you want to substitute, post itt/contact me.
Subs:
4. psychup2043

Round 1 Pairings

Lightwolf vs BunnyMaster
Deck Knight vs KnightoftheWind
SevenDeadlySins vs LonelyNess
Chris is me vs Heysup
gmax vs Amelia
Mekkah vs Colonel M
Zystral vs the pugilist
misdreavus vs Accent

Remember it's bo3!

However, before you join, you absolutely need:

1. Redshark, the simulator we will be using.
2. Hamachi, a tool you need to connect to other players over the internet.

Elaborate instructions on the technical side of things come with Redshark in the form of a great Help file. If you need help getting things to work, testing them out, etc, join us in #warau on synIRC!

Now, the tournament rules. We will be playing in the format I like the most, called NeoTRGym, or sometimes "Modified" though it may not be 100% true to the real tournament rules of Modified, not even back in that day. The only legal cards are from the following sets as listed on PokeBeach:

Classic - Team Rocket
Gym - Gym Challenge
Gym - Gym Heroes
Neo - Neo Genesis
Neo - Neo Discovery
Neo - Neo Relevation
Neo - Neo Destiny

Sneasel (Neo Genesis) is banned, due to its insane speed and power.
Slowking (Neo Genesis) is "fixed" through errata, since the English version is broken, and mistranslated. The Pokémon Power Mind Games should be treated as following: If Slowking is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent plays a Trainer Card, you may flip a coin. If heads, that card does nothing. Put it on top of your opponent's deck. This power can't be used if Slowking is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed. In other words, Slowking has to be Active for its power to work, so no more stacking them.

This tournament will be Single Elimination. Due to the large luck factor (hello Breeder Fields, Babies and Focus Band), the matches will be played out in Best out of Three. You do not need to play the third match if one player wins the first two. You're allowed to change decks as often as you wish between games and rounds.

Due to the way the simulator works, we rely a lot on the honesty and goodwill of all players involved. Please do not abuse this reliance. Be a good sport when solving problems and disputes, contact me if needed. We will use the Compendium when in doubt about a card's rulings.

Here's to a great tournament, and many to come!

Lightwolf vs DaLetterEl - Even Dark Ariados isn't weak enough to lose to DaLetterNewbie
Deck Knight vs KnightoftheWind - donk knight
Death Incarnate vs LonelyNess - I hope you enjoy flipping coins, Supreme Dirt.
Chris is me vs Heysup - both of them haven't played NTRGYM before I think but Chris has more experience
gmax vs Amelia - lol this match-up makes me want to make it double elim...
Mekkah vs Colonel M - good luck!
Zystral vs the pugilist - zy will run out of energy as usual
Raverist vs Accent - franch????

Oh btw...no ghost playing of any kind, please. Of course you're free to make decks together (not like I could enforce that).

Servers I host:

name: Ronery
password: claimtome

name: #feto
password: tyrants

Deadline is June 27, which makes for ten days. I think that's plenty of time to practice and get things done. I'll do some activity check-ups before that though.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
DaLetterNewbie is so true. But anyway, are there any hard deadlines when we have to get this done? I might want to practice and test stuff out before the real deal.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lightwolf vs DaLetterEl
Deck Knight vs KnightoftheWind
Death Incarnate vs LonelyNess
Chris is me vs Heysup
gmax vs Amelia
Mekkah vs Colonel M
Zystral vs the pugilist - Good Luck. You'll need it.
Raverist vs Accent

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lightwolf vs DaLetterEl - alphabetical order (L > Lightwolf)
Deck Knight vs KnightoftheWind - draw your sword, knave!
Death Incarnate vs LonelyNess PK Gaming
Chris is me vs Heysup - Abrahamic
gmax vs Amelia - Amelia sounds more female
Mekkah vs Colonel M - Allahu Ackbar!
Zystral vs the pugilist - British Gligar
Raverist vs Accent - Raving mad

Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me, some of you may not. Regardless, I'd like to be on the sub list of possible.

In case you're wondering who I am, I was a Pokemon player in the days before shoddybattle. I played Netbattle in the GSC/RS days, but had to stop my Pokemon video game addiction in favor of my TCG addiction, college, and drinking. I've been following the developments in the Pokemon world and Smogon community without posting, but a TCG tournament seems too good to pass up.

Thanks.

Hey I think I remember you! :o I might not need 4 subs but I'll put you on the list anyway. Make sure to sign up for the next tournament, maybe get on IRC and play some games with the people hanging there!

From what I remember about the Rocket On format, it's a Feraligatr vs. anti-Feraligatr slugfest ...

Pity I barely remember anything more about Rocket On, with most of what I remember from the PTCG basing off Unlimited. I should still be able to sub though, if you really need people.

EDIT: Man, did some searches on Feraligatr and all the memories are coming back to me. All these old cards I've forgotten the effects of ... just looking at how hard Feraligatr decks can seek card advantage makes me shudder.

Feraligatr is very dominant but it has some strong enemies in in Erika's Victreebel and Giovanni's Nidoking, made faster with Meganium. Which forms a nice starter triangle with Typhlosion decks. And there's always the Dark Weezing gimmick...

Glad you have a vague recollection of me, lol. I kinda also remember you mekkah, but we never talked that much back then.

Also, to add to the Feraligatr vs anti-Feraligatr argument, I don't think most of the listed counters you state actually beat Feraligatr. The key to winning against Feraligatr is actually to be able to OHKO it, which is why Meganium and Erika's Victreebel failed to take care of Feraligatr in general back in 2002-3, while Typhlosion/Blaine's Arcanine decks with a couple Giovanni's Nidoran's Female techs held their own. Firestorm OHKOs Feraligatrs while Double Edge one hits Totodiles.

Feraligatr just has too much trainer support to Riptide every turn consistently once it sets up (Trash Exchange, Misty's Wrath).

Although, with the ability to change decks between game, I don't think Feraligatr decks will be too much of a problem, since it's not that hard to build a counter deck that beats Feraligatr but nothing else.

Also, to add to the Feraligatr vs anti-Feraligatr argument, I don't think most of the listed counters you state actually beat Feraligatr. The key to winning against Feraligatr is actually to be able to OHKO it, which is why Meganium and Erika's Victreebel failed to take care of Feraligatr in general back in 2002-3, while Typhlosion/Blaine's Arcanine decks with a couple Giovanni's Nidoran's Female techs held their own. Firestorm OHKOs Feraligatrs while Double Edge one hits Totodiles.

Feraligatr just has too much trainer support to Riptide every turn consistently once it sets up (Trash Exchange, Misty's Wrath).

Although, with the ability to change decks between game, I don't think Feraligatr decks will be too much of a problem, since it's not that hard to build a counter deck that beats Feraligatr but nothing else.
I vaguely remember that the only deck that "consistently" - as in had a chance of - beating Feraligatr was one based around Crobat, although I don't remember which Crobat (again I vaguely remember it had a flip x coins -> confusion attack). Typholosion / Blaine's Arcanine was another archetype of the day, but I also remember Totodile's Fury Swipes (?) becoming infamous for flipping 3 heads and OHKOing Cyndaquils. The major tournaments were all won either by Riptide or anti-Riptide, which goes to say something.

Also if you can change decks so too can your opponent ...

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I may need to drop out, as my dad is being a complete douchebag and took my laptop away for doing nothing. I may get it back, but I have no idea when and dont want to inconvenience my opponent or have the tournament wait on me, especially since it seems like there are more than enough subs.

also, typing on the wii sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)