United States Nationals Thread - WON BY WESLEY MORIOKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nope. They're isn't a single duck that is under 18 =[ well, on the bright side one of them is guaranteed a free trip...

Oh and FUCK YEAH SKARM! CANADA CANADA CANADA!

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man it sucked having to play other Smogonites. This was my matches:

R1: BadIntent-Loss
R2: n00b who didn't know about Smogon-Win
R3: Ninahaza-Loss
R4: Imperfectluck-Win
R5: dtrain-Loss (He used a zerowing clone, I feel really bad because I knew his team and still lost)
R6: Smogon lurker-Win
R7: jgiles-Win

Nope. They're isn't a single duck that is under 18 =[ well, on the bright side one of them is guaranteed a free trip...

I am still 17 lol, I turn 18 in July but yeah. Bluecookies is also 17 so he got a companion as well (get crapped on ultimatedra). 17th place was Cybertron/Serendipity btw. rory is 17.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rory is 17 and was #16 so he's in nationals.

Finals include: Skarm(24), TTS(22), Huy(21) Duy(19), Rory(17) and Judd(42?)

Actually, 12 smogonites in finals. Top 8 get free trips. Smogon is guaranteed 4 free trips!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ooops. I was typing that on my phone. What I meant was I didn't think there was anyone under 18 in the Ducks. And I was referring to Huy vs Duy as at least one gets a free trip to Hawaii (and hopefully the family decides to take a vacation there that week and both play!).

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Matthew Coyle is actually EnFuego and thus isn't really a random. He's quite good. Milan Patel isn't the one I am really sure about.

Firestorm, I'll deal with these Yanks tomorrow.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
12th so far. Patel in the morning.

Biggest, most amazing upset so far??

TR
Jesse

wow just wow

Oh yeah, and Brian Shutt's (Shuttup's) lil bro made top 16 in Juniors WOOOOOT!

SereSSSSWEEEEEEEEEEP!!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think I can safely say I was the unluckiest player there today.

IMAWario and Alaka both should have lost their matches and they admitted it. IMAWario dealt freezes, critical hits, and dodged moves, all at important junctures and ruining every single strategy and backup plan I was trying to set up. In Alaka's case, the only chance he had of winning was either a crit-to-KO or a freeze at the end, and he got the freeze before I dealt the final blow on his last Pokemon.

Also, VGC has not enough evasion clause.

Like skarm said, Matthew "EnFuego" Coyle isn't a random, he's someone most of us have seen spending lots of hours on Pokemon Online. He's a really good player, and deserved to get as far as he did. I should have switched my team configuration around the moment I saw his trainer name was EnFuego. Unfortunately, this meant he knew my team inside and out, a fact he courteously reminded me and everybody around us every single turn of the match. [/therapeuticpassiveaggressiveminirant]

I've seen only one of TR_Jessie's matches, and I think her team is amazing, but I also think most people think it's a big upset because one of her Pokemon defies most people's preconceived notions of what actually works in the VGC. Having tried similar stuff in the past I know it can hold its own.

also, skarm to win it all. Go Team Mike!

Well, least I'm glad I have company outside the top 16...my own lame report to come later tonight probably.

Oh well...as the adage goes, always next year >.>

My interview on Pokemon.com. If you go to pokemon.com and click VG organized play, you can see me on that page as well.
You know exactly that I am probably one of the few is like FUCK YES BI! GOOD ON YA!

You fully deserve this, you went over america looking to pwn, you were one of the few like me starting the vgc10 journey back in 09 whilst others made their team in the week. Well done man, if anybody there deserves top spot, it's you. Do me a favour and win the whole thing so I can say to everyone that my american friend (that I've never lost to, no offense lol) PWNED INDIANA!

Serious man, I am super happy for you. I'm going around saying you pwned and you did. Well done man! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BI TO WIN!

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I said matt coyle is an "unknown", meaning I had no idea who he is. This was not meant to be derrogatory to him or anything like that; if anything it shows how dumb/bad at Pokemon I am. Obviously he is very good, I would say pretty confidently that everyone in the top 16 today and many people who did not make it are excellent Pokemon players. Also, we later learned that Patel is "Pokemon_Master" or something like that on the forums, so that means every single person in the top 16 is a member of smogon (I am actually not sure if TR_Jessie is, but she is a member of other websites in any case). Wesley is someone that Skarm met in Seattle 05 and Chicago 06, and he has an account here but does not post too terribly often.

Kept checking for updates all day so thanks to everyone that posted! CONGRATS to the top 16! Go godudette - GIRL POWER! Sending good luck to all. Huy,Duy,skarm,TTS - go out there and rock Indy tomorrow! Can you hear us quacking in Jersey?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you read my post carefully, you will see that I said matt coyle is an "unknown", meaning I had no idea who he is. This was not meant to be derrogatory to him or anything like that; if anything it shows how dumb/bad at Pokemon I am. Obviously he is very good, I would say pretty confidently that everyone in the top 16 today and many people who did not make it are excellent Pokemon players. Also, we later learned that Patel is "Pokemon_Master" or something like that on the forums, so that means every single person in the top 16 is a member of smogon (I am actually not sure if TR_Jessie is, but she is a member of other websites in any case). Wesley is someone that Skarm met in Seattle 05 and Chicago 06, and he has an account here but does not post too terribly often.
We didn't mean to sound as if we were misconstruing your posts, sorry about that. I don't know how many people outside of the Pokemon Online players know about EnFuego, so it was best to clarify who he was.

Congrats on all of the wins guys! I'm kind of new to the forums after being a mild lurker during the VGC times. Anyways I was only able to make it into the second round before I got knocked out. My opponent kept using Destiny Bond on my Groudon and I was anticipating an explosion. Eventually my Groudon died without the Gengar and I sent out my CS Kyogre who used Water Spout. At that point we both knew I had the match until we both just discovered that the Destiny Bond carries over and killed my Kyogre. I was done after that.

I will say, much better than last year (my first year when I underestimated this tournament) I came with a level 20 Shedinja with Sand Attack and X-Scissor and lost in round two at Nashville to IPL (and so began my Smogon recognition). So anyways, enough rambling, congrats again guys! Hope to stick around here more for next years tourney.

Unfortunately I did not get T16.
Had some rough draws but here were my matchups:
1. Some guy I don't know 4-0
2. Duy 0-2? (Duy is an awesome guy btw)
3. Fish 1-0 (Fish was fun to meet and talk to :D)
4. TR_Jessie 0-4 (:P she was good!)
5. Some person I don't know 4-0
6. Some unhappy old guy 0-1
7. Some other guy I don't know 0-1
Final Record 3-4
I believe that if I won one of the last two that I would have qualified simply because the others I lost to did quite well.
Congrats to all who qualified! I will be going to the Hawaii LCQ since my parents wanted to go to Hawaii anyway this year, and I sort of insisted on going at that time lol.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL TOMORROW I WILL BE WATCHING!!

I will be going to the Hawaii LCQ
En garde, bitch!

Shouldn't be too hard to avoid fighting though- I want you to make it to worlds too.

Nice job to all the qualifiers anyway. Kinda disappointed about there being no drama like there was last year, with Vash's 1 turn sleep knocking zerowing out due to tiebreaker and everything. But whatever.

Rooting for everyone in T16, very happy for all of you and looking forward to seeing you all in Kona. :D

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations everyone. I look forward to meeting you all at Worlds.
Congratulations everyone. I look forward to beating you all at Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)