Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2010

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
thanks for the stats doug!
21 | Jolteon | 90814 | 9.09

jolt went 5 spots from 26 to 21 :D i love that thing

I can't see how Tyranitar dropped in usage. Sure, Latias is gone, but any Infernape that's not scarfed/doesn't carry priority is instafucked, same with any non-scarfed Starmie, Breloom can be hit for a respectable amount of damage with Superpower, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar can still be a "gg" indicator lategame. CB Tyranitar still punches holes like a mofo (2HKO on a Crocune with Stone Edge anyone?), and...

Tyranitar just has too much use in this metagame. Why it dropped, I have no clue.

Obligatory thanks for stats.

On looking at OU, Scizor, Salamence, Gyarados and Tyranitar all took massive drops in usage, if I'm not mistaken, while Heatran, Infernape, Gengar, and Starmie all leapt up. All I can think is, either people have decided to fill their teams with fast stuff in order to centralise around Salamence now that he's apparently very threatening all of a sudden, or they're just anticipating Salamence's banning (can't think of any other reasons). IIRC, the standard metagame seemed to show those trends roundabout the Garchomp stage - food for thought...
I'm think it's people thinking Salamence is even better then it is. (Just looking around Smogon you might get the impression that it's totally insane, given the hype people are giving it) if mence isn't banned, I'm guessing a major dropback in Tran, Ape, Gengar and Starmie.

if Heracross drops I believe it will handily plow through the metagame with its combination of bulk as a sweeper and sheer power(as well as outspeeding common base 80's of the tier).
Pinsir, on the other hand, is very underrated, but I know a few people, including myself, have used Pinsir as an effective anti-lead(does well versus Mesprit and Uxie as well as Omastar and Kabutops).
Spiritomb's usage is not really that surprising, seeing as Alakazam/Uxie/Rotom/Mismagius/Mesprit/Ambipom/Swellow etc. are popular and Spiritomb checks them to some extent.

I can't see how Tyranitar dropped in usage. Sure, Latias is gone, but any Infernape that's not scarfed/doesn't carry priority is instafucked, same with any non-scarfed Starmie, Breloom can be hit for a respectable amount of damage with Superpower, and Dragon Dance Tyranitar can still be a "gg" indicator lategame. CB Tyranitar still punches holes like a mofo (2HKO on a Crocune with Stone Edge anyone?), and...

Tyranitar just has too much use in this metagame. Why it dropped, I have no clue.
Honestly, Tyranitar is probably the worst infernape counter/check ever. Pursuit doesn't OHKO starmie if it stays in and a LO Hydro Pump can OHKO after SR. You're going to break breloom's sub and then get focus punched yay. DD Gyara/Mence have better STAB while pretty much the same attack. And obviously, nothing can beat Specsmence DM/Bandmence Outrage in power.

And still, #4 usage is still very high. It's only beat by Scizor who is scizor, mence who is mence, and heatran which is the most anti-metagame

Physical Infernape's CC V.S Tyranitar; 211% - 248.8%
Special Infernape's CC V.S Tyranitar; 179.5% - 212.1%

Anyway -- you'll notice that Suspect testing seems to have had a "halo effect" on Standard OU last month. You'll notice that Heatran suddenly jumped up to #2 on the main ladder, and Scizor usage dipped considerably. I guess people are using their non-Salamence teams on the Standard ladder too? I don't know.
It could be because sometimes people don't make sure what ladder they are on and play with their suspect team on Standard. It's happened to me a couple of times.

Thanks for the stats though.

| 4 | Machamp | 50050 | 5.01 |
:(

I'm think it's people thinking Salamence is even better then it is. (Just looking around Smogon you might get the impression that it's totally insane, given the hype people are giving it) if mence isn't banned, I'm guessing a major dropback in Tran, Ape, Gengar and Starmie.
Isn't their rise because of the ban of Latias to ubers?

Wait, Regirock in NU? What the hell, take him out of there people.
Exeggutor is getting love, finally.
And Slowking is marching it's way back to NU. Maybe.
Finally: Houndoom and mainly Leafeon usage raised A LOT. heh.

dusknoir at least is as good a machamp counter as you can find. looks like people are still trying to make mean look umbreon work for some reason. it doesn't.

Standard: | Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 30.4 |
Suspect:. | Tyranitar | Item | Choice Scarf | 29.4 |

Enough said besides thanks for the stats.

I can't believe that Milotic has almost passed Venusaur as the number one poke. Maybe all the hype from it almost becoming a suspect made people more aware of it.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
| Manaphy | HP EV | Max | 25.5 |
| Manaphy | Move | Calm Mind | 49.1 |
| Manaphy | Move | Tail Glow | 42.5 |
Fuck yes. People are finally starting realise how awesome CM Manaphy is. No more "surprise wins" on the ladder now, though, oh well.

Thanks for the stats, Doug.

Jolteon moving up is nice, he's such an effective late game cleaner i'm surprised I don't see him more. I also thought there would be more colbur berry Azelf leads especially with Machamp rising, I guess it hasn't cought on yet.

Ninjask went up slightly i still wonder how it's a top ten lead.

Code:
April   | 23 | Houndoom   |  11936 |    8.65 |
May     | 16 | Houndoom   |  17295 |   10.80 |
June    | 10 | Houndoom   |  17021 |   12.13 |
Houndoom really shot up in usage over the past 3 months. It used to be a mid-tier UU; now it's top 10!

Hippowdon as #10 lead? Besides me, haven't seen one in ages. Heatran at #2 was also a surprise. The rise in fast sweepers is really annoying. Suspect is crazy for this reason. lol 37 heatran.

@Bug maniac. Maybe because Latias went to uber? It was a solid counter to those three and Scizor and Ttar were counters to it. I think Mence went down because it doesn't have that crucial Latias support any more.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Physical Infernape's CC V.S Tyranitar; 211% - 248.8%
Special Infernape's CC V.S Tyranitar; 179.5% - 212.1%
Physical infernape's Overheat V.S Tyranitar; 10-15%ish?
Special Infernape's Fire Blast V.S Tyranitar; 10-15%ish?
Tyranitar Stone Edge V.S. Infernape; enough%
(yes I do realise mach punch / vaccuum wave exists, just pointing out 'prediction' which wasn't adressed).
Thanks for the stats!

I cant believe Gyarados is still in the top 10. He is like the most overrated Pokemon of all time.

I was expecting Rotom-A to dethrone Gengar too.

At least Shaymin did well on the Suspect ladder (Eat dicks Sceptile).

Scizor needs to hurry up and STFU so more people can use Slowbro ~_~

Thanks for the stats, doug!

I remember when Metagross was #1 lead hands down. People are loving Champ as a lead, keeps rising.

Scizor's finally dropping now and the rise in Heatran will only decrease Scizor's appearance more, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)