Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This Generation looks awesome: a dragon with mold breaker, another Magic Guard user, encourage and magic room look promising, hopefully Koromori can make use of unaware it looks like game freak is taking competitive battling into account.
on a random note, the dragon with mold breaker will probably end up in uber

Cancelling out an item effect is very useful, it could make it an interesting anti - lead, as it renders focus sash useless. Pokemon with type-resist berries meant to prevent them from being killed by said designated attack type are no longer useful, leftovers recovery eliminated, life orb users no longer have that extra kick, and choice users now lose the benefit of said item, attack or speed boosts from sub-berry users now no longer get that +1. It's far from useless.

I still see Trick and Switcharoo and maybe Thief playing a very important part while Magic Room is in play. Steal all of the opponents items while they have no effect and switch them up. That's just my vision for it. Somehow giving a Choice Bander a pair of Specs.

Koromori's a psychic type and get's Klutz and Unaware? Aaaawesome. I'm still disappointed with how many psychic types there are but oh well, I guess it just needs a buff.

I'm getting whichever Rankurusu is exclusive to, I don't give a fuck about which dragon I get. The dust proof thing kinda scares me though, I don't want magic guard to be weaker this gen D:

Gochiruzeru doesn't interest me a whole lot, frisk is kinda cool though, especially since it's probably going to get trick and it'll be like, oh that's dangerous, yoink.

Kibago looks pretty awesome though, if he can run a set akin to any other dragon then Mold Breaker will allow him to kickass, hell, he can't even be intimidated!

I pretty much agree.
I don't see it giving the user much of an advantage if it simply cancels items.
Unless they're some seriously powerful items introduced and that's an unknown right now.
Still, if it proves useful in any way, it would work OK on a scarfed Pokemon (with the suspected mechanics).
Indeed it would, especially with Frisk to see if it's actually worth using.

And I'm guessing N is the main antagonist in this game seeing as how he wants to separate people and pokemon, dividing them like black from white. But does he have a team or is he all alone in this? Could this be the first generation without an evil team? I'm doubting it, but N doesn't seem like an evil team head (especially seeing as how a screenshot shows him having 1 Pokemon).

Cshadow said:
Cancelling out an item effect is very useful, it could make it an interesting anti - lead, as it renders focus sash useless. Pokemon with type-resist berries meant to prevent them from being killed by said designated attack type are no longer useful, leftovers recovery eliminated, life orb users no longer have that extra kick, and choice users now lose the benefit of said item, attack or speed boosts from sub-berry users now no longer get that +1. It's far from useless.
There's no point in negating Focus Sash; the turn you used to use Magic Room pretty much makes your next move a 2HKO, assuming you can KO the Focus Sasher in one hit. Same goes for type-resist berries, the Pokemon can set up while you use Magic Room. Leftovers recovery for 5 turns usually isn't critical to a Pokemon's success, it's not worth sacrificing a turn, especially if your leftovers are negated too. Life Orbers and Choicers can deal, and they may even have freedom of move choice for those 4 turns which could even up doing more good than harm.

Sub-Berry users are just rare, and they probably wouldn't keep subbing if Magic Room was in effect.

Not sure if its been discussed yet, but, I take it we are going to see a decrease in EQ and explosion/self destruct in 2v2 and 3v3 due to that new move that will "cause all your team members to avoid attacks that hit all team members".
Why in the world would there be a decrease? Now your teammates don't have to rely on Protect/Ghost-type/Levitate/Flyer to avoid these moves. BTW, it's an ability. Telepathy user - Earthquaker/Exploder - filler seems like it would be pretty successful in 3 v 3, based on the mechanics we know of so far.

@ Scicky: Yes, Kibago can be Intimidated, lol. This isn't Pinsir who has Hyper Cutter and Mold Breaker, it just has Rivalry and Mold Breaker.

There's no point in negating Focus Sash; the turn you used to use Magic Room pretty much makes your next move a 2HKO, assuming you can KO the Focus Sasher in one hit. Same goes for type-resist berries, the Pokemon can set up while you use Magic Room. Leftovers recovery for 5 turns usually isn't critical to a Pokemon's success, it's not worth sacrificing a turn, especially if your leftovers are negated too. Life Orbers and Choicers can deal, and they may even have freedom of move choice for those 4 turns which could even up doing more good than harm.

Sub-Berry users are just rare, and they probably wouldn't keep subbing if Magic Room was in effect.
Yeah, I suppose. Although the Choice Item thing brings up something I'm wondering about. Pokemon that were tricked away their Choice Item but still used an attack no longer got the attack bonus, but were still unable to switch moves. What if Magic Room has this kind of effect? Some Life Orb and Choice users still depend on the item to do whatever amount of damage or achieve whatever KO so it isn't exactly a wonderful thing to have happen to them when they have no item bonus even with the ability to switch moves, as you have no way to set up.

I could see this move working well with a partner who has Unaware, since some Pokemon may lose their item but not the ability to set up, so while you use Magic Room and they gain their +2 you can switch to someone that makes it useless.

With the dream world thing and being able to catch pokemon outside the Isshu dex, do you think it's possible that, since isshu is so far away, we won't see ANY old pokemon otherwise? It's a whole new adventure in that case <___< (Though I'm totally okay with this)

Edit: Also, I'm so interested in seeing how 3v3 works in detail. I see some epic strategy bein involved in this shit.

*Move*

^^God I so hope you are wrong, that would suck so hard!

It was said however that there would be a way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Black and White, so it seems unlikely. (Also Gamefreak would probably be assassinated by mad Japanese fans)

With the dream world thing and being able to catch pokemon outside the Isshu dex, do you think it's possible that, since isshu is so far away, we won't see ANY old pokemon otherwise? It's a whole new adventure in that case <___< (Though I'm totally okay with this)

Edit: Also, I'm so interested in seeing how 3v3 works in detail. I see some epic strategy bein involved in this shit.

*Move*
Not sure about catching previous generations in the wild but im 90% sure it's been said that you can transfer poke from previous generations to Black and White

Does the Dream Smoke stuff allow you to befriend random Pokemon from previous generations or only Pokemon you've somehow 'stocked' beforehand like the Pal Park?
IOW, is it the way to get your own old Pokemon transferred to B&W?

Also, it's interesting that no Pseudo-Legendary has ever had more than one ability.
OTOH, none of the sub 600 BST Dragons have a first form that is Dragon typed.
So whatever Kibago becomes, the mold will be broken...hyuk, hyuk

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Kibago looks pretty awesome though, if he can run a set akin to any other dragon then Mold Breaker will allow him to kickass, hell, he can't even be intimidated!
Mold Breaker does not block Intimidate.

Does the Dream Smoke stuff allow you to befriend random Pokemon from previous generations or only Pokemon you've somehow 'stocked' beforehand like the Pal Park?

Also, it's interesting that no Pseudo-Legendary has ever had more than one ability.
Good point. Now I hope Kibago will either become a <600 BST Dragon, or lose Mold Breaker (just like Larvitar had Guts and then got it changed to Sand Stream).

Eh, personally I don't want to see a single Magikarp, Ratatta, Zubat, Tentacool or... well, anything I've already seen. Not that I wouldn't like to be able to transfer my old pokes over though. Just... midgame I want new stuff, it's more interesting that way.

Also, it's interesting that no Psuedo-Legendary has ever had more than one ability.
What? Bagon and Dratini are both dragon typed...

@MWL: Aw dang. No big deal though, it's still cool. Also I hope double chop is good. We don't have enough strong multi-hit moves.

Serebii said:

Using Infared, you have the ability of having speedy battles. This can be 2 or 4 Player. You can also trade this way on the spot from your box.
Anyone else read this and think "Fuck YES!!"?

Also, tuskymon looks awesome. Moldbreaker is love.

*Move*
Yeah, I remember that one guy saying stuff like "You'll feel like you're playing Red/Blue again." It would be so epic if there were 150+ new Pokemon and all of them replaced a Pokemon in Red/Blue. It would add to the experience if you couldn't trade with Gen. 4 until you beat the Elite Four/finish Isshu Dex.

EDIT: Here's some stuff that may prove my theory:

Starters replace starters obv.
Munna replaces Drowzee
Gear replaces Magnemite
Mamepato replaces Pidgey obv.
Hihidaruma replaces Ponyta/Growlithe
Shimama replaces Pikachu?
Meguroko replaces Sandshrew
etc. ect.

It would be nice to not be able to see any old pokemon early in the game. I at least want Magikarp. I have a habit of training the thing so I have a Gyarados. Been tradition since Gen I

I pretty much agree.
I don't see it giving the user much of an advantage if it simply cancels items.
Unless they're some seriously powerful items introduced and that's an unknown right now.
Still, if it proves useful in any way, it would work OK on a scarfed Pokemon (with the suspected mechanics).
While it probably won't help Gochiruzeru itself much, I don't see how cancelling Choice Scarfers, Banders, Life Orbers, weakness berries, etc. won't necessarily make an impact. I don't know a lot about competitive Pokemon, but canceling those will probably hurt a lot of Pokemon who rely on them to turn 2HKOs into OHKOs or outspeed or save themselves or whatever else. Also, Leftovers recovery. Of course, cancelling YOUR items kinda sucks too, but whatever.

That's why I had the idea of stealing items from your opponent. You won't have anything to be nullified
Well, I remember some people mentioning giving Gochiruzeru a Choice Scarf. That really seems like the best way to go to mean, but then again we don't know anything about it...

inb4 Gochiruzeru is so slow nothing can help it make use of Magic Room

Actually, I don't really know what you were saying, I think I misunderstood. ~_~

@Scicy, I was talking about the non-Pseudos but you probably realised.

The website stuff is still as clear as mud to me.
I guess they're saying that once you upload your savefile you can do certain things from the website or DS.
For example, if you see an interesting trade on the GTS you could try for it right there without starting up your DS ansd trying to find it.
Having all of your save data on their server is a nice way to do automated hack-checks as well so we'll see how forgiving it is about that stuff.

@Scicy, I was talking about the non-Pseudos but you probably realised.

The website stuff is still as clear as mud to me.
I guess they're saying that once you upload your savefile you can do certain things from the website or DS.
For example, if you see an interesting trade on the GTS you could try for it right there without starting up your DS ansd trying to find it.
Having all of your save data is a nice way to do automated hack-checks as well so we'll see how forgiving it is about that stuff.
I get where you're coming from. Once it gets to the whole Wifi and wireless or whatever and stuff, it gets kinda confusing.

And what's most confusing is it seems like you have to have a Musharna to do any of it. Whaaat? That's so weird having a Pokemon that directly influences your Wifi and/or wireless (geez I don't even know) play options.

Dust-Proof confirmed for most useless ability ever.

Also, nubs think a Dragon with Mold Breaker is broken. I mean, wtf does he even want with that? He can quake Bronzong, YAY.

he can quake ROTOM! that my friend is something extremely useful, he also EQ rypherior for full damage ignoring solid rock, heck he can even hit jolt with a eletric move and vaporeon with a water one(but that is besides the point).

dust proof is not useless, just outclassed and if you think a dragon type with mold breaker is not broken then the only noob here is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)