Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You catch Munna or Munarsha, and get a Dream Smoke. You use this Dream Smoke to do a "Game Sync" through the C-Gear, thus sending your save file to the Pokémon Global Link. Once you're there (on the website in your PC), you can either play with your pokémon (that will be sent through the C-Gear by your choice) in a dream minigame, or play rated/random matches. In the end, you send your save file back to your game, along with a pokémon you get from that dream minigame, just like it was in Pokéwalker.

That's how it works. I think.

While it probably won't help Gochiruzeru itself much, I don't see how cancelling Choice Scarfers, Banders, Life Orbers, weakness berries, etc. won't necessarily make an impact. I don't know a lot about competitive Pokemon, but canceling those will probably hurt a lot of Pokemon who rely on them to turn 2HKOs into OHKOs or outspeed or save themselves or whatever else. Also, Leftovers recovery. Of course, cancelling YOUR items kinda sucks too, but whatever.
Sure, it has an effect that can be incovenient to your opponent.
A quick Magic Room might screw up the 6 turns of Rain a Raindancer expected to give a sweeper, for example.

I just question whether the Magic Room turn wouldn't always be better spent doing something more positive and less "counterpunchy".
There doesn't seem to be a lot of potential to give the user of the move significant momentum.
But, you never know because there will be aspects of the game we simply can't anticipate now.

You catch Munna or Munarsha, and get a Dream Smoke. You use this Dream Smoke to do a "Game Sync" through the C-Gear, thus sending your save file to the Pokémon Global Link. Once you're there (on the website in your PC), you can either play with your pokémon (that will be sent through the C-Gear by your choice) in a dream minigame, or play rated/random matches. In the end, you send your save file back to your game, along with a pokémon you get from that dream minigame, just like it was in Pokéwalker.

That's how it works. I think.
Ahh, that makes a bit more sense to me.
Thanks!

after gen 2 pokemons changed a lot, all movepools changed, move tutors and a lot of shit. on gen 4 zam lost ice punch(Cant use because it became physical, together with the other 2), i was trying to say that on gen 3, 4 and maybe 5 there was almost no pokemons that lost anything, its just the metagame that fucked them up.

sorry i was not specific on that post, i should have said gen 3 and further instead of after gen 3 started but my point is that besides specific examples like zam(Who is the best example IMO) no pokemon lost any useful moves gen 3 and beyond, abilitys(not even possible) or anything of the sort. they all won something, its just the current metagame that make then look worst then they are.

zapdos for example is weak to SR but that dont make him any worst then he actually is, its just that the metagame is filled with SR. on the other hand he won a recovery move, a powerful fire type special move and shit like u-turn that all add to his movepool and this will continue on gen 5 with new moves, a pokemon can show up and counter zapdos but this dont mean zapdos become a worst pokemon, it mean another pokemon beat zapdos for a reason or another. Lucario is another example being a pokemon with great movepool, typing and somewhat useful abilitys, only because gliscor counter the most common Lucario set doesnt mean Lucario lose any effectiveness. he continue to be the same old jackal with great movepool and typing.
Okay, that's pretty much the mindset I had when arguing with Ming-Ming, so I was right! Not that there was any doubt~

Lol I had this really funny vision of utilizing Goth-poke's Frisk and Magic Room with a team full of Trick/Switcharoo/Thief pokemon. While all the items are negated, steal the items you need and use them to your advantage when Magic Room wears off.

I have a feeling it won't work at all but hey I can dream right? Lol

Wait, Goth-poke is slow? I thought those were Bacteria-bear's stats? Aww oh well.

he can quake ROTOM! that my friend is something extremely useful, he also EQ rypherior for full damage ignoring solid rock, heck he can even hit jolt with a eletric move and vaporeon with a water one(but that is besides the point).

dust proof is not useless, just outclassed and if you think a dragon type with mold breaker is not broken then the only noob here is you.
Rotom: STAB Outrage > SE Earthquake.
Rhyperior: Are you kidding me?
Jolteon: He could hit Jolteon with TACKLE... >_>
Vaporeon: Actually, if it becomes Water/Dragon, not healing Vappy might be a plus.... YAY

Also, lol.

ok since i am not understanding anymore who is who on there i am just gonna wait for the game to come out so that i check the pokemon stats real time, i dont know anymore who got whatever stats.

edit:STAB outrage=180 power, SE non STAB EQ=200 power, dont lock you into the same damn move.

the others were just examples but if you cant see how mold breaker is a awesome ability for a dragon type pokemon...heck, i dont give a damn to whatever type he turns, Dragon works well with almost any type out there, dont forget he can also hit shit like thick fat lax with a full powered fire or ice move. mold breaker is a great ability any pokemon with a decent movepool can abuse, cause EQ a rotom is just priceless.

If it's pure Dragon...interesting...

EDIT: Who knows: Maybe Ononokusu will have 80/140/110/60/110/100 and get no access to boosting moves. Or Fire Blast for that matter. Or EQ. Or Outrage. Or maybe it will be limited to Tackle. Or maybe some kind of troll attack I don't think even Game Freak would do.

Seriously, if Mence didn't have two mutually uncheckable sets, one of which is a setup set and the other being a mixed set, nobody'd be complaining about it.

It's too early to say whether a strong Dragon with Mold Breaker it is too "broken" or inconsequential.
How it would behave in the current metagame is kind of irrelevant also.

We don't knopw Kibago's final stage typing so we don't know the other STAB, if any.
We also don't know what Defensive abilities and Pokemon will be introduced.

But certainly, being able to get past ANY defensive ability with nearly unresisted offense is *potentially* very powerful.
Unaware? Pfft, I hit with +2. Wonderguard? lol, eat quake.

Can anyone see an advantage to using Rankurusu's Dust-Proof over Magic Guard? Doesn't Magic Guard do that and more? Oh and even with Rank's classification I still don't see any indication of what it's based off of. Could be a cell/water bear/homonculus/really anything.

And Koromori has Unaware! I was hoping something would get this, and now I'm more interested in Koromori's evolution.

Finally, I thought I would start accepting Gochi's design once I saw the official art. It still looks ridiculous. Though it's good news that it's a version exclusive, so I can use Rankurusu instead.

Mold breaker on the Dragon could be useful for hitting Heatran neutral with a fire move as well, so it could run Dragon/fire attacks and hitting everything neutral.

Dust-Proof confirmed for most useless ability ever.

Also, nubs think a Dragon with Mold Breaker is broken. I mean, wtf does he even want with that? He can quake Bronzong, YAY.
was about to reply to the first part of this post and didn't even notice the second.

dust proof is more useful than things like keen eye or sturdy, though still outclassed especially since it also gets magic guard.

and mold breaker on a dragon is huge. eq bronzong not a big deal? what about rotom? the ability to ignore intimidate and technician? not to mention any other really powerful abilities we get this gen. mold breaker is a great ability, it just never sees much use in ou because it's only on rampardos and pinsir.

Mold Breaker is such an amazing ability. It's just too bad that the pokemon that have access to it now aren't OU. :/
Hopefully this little guy will keep it and change that

Edit: Mold Breaker doesn't ignore Intimidate but it's still useful.

well it totally depend. for all we know he could become a special atacker with shit like draco meteor and earth power right? nasty plot? special DD? etc? he get a base 110 atack to ohko bliss with superpower then spam draco meteor, fire blast and earth power all day. then he dont have to worry about intimidate.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Guys, Pokémon is used for both singular and plural. It's possible Dust-Proof is a double/triple battle ability which protects ALL of Greencell's allies out on the field of Sandstorm, Hail and possibly hazard damage.

And now,

I don't know which version I prefer.

Finally, I thought I would start accepting Gochi's design once I saw the official art. It still looks ridiculous. Though it's good news that it's a version exclusive, so I can use Rankurusu instead.
She reminds me of Fantina from DPP.
She's quite human-like, in the category of Mr. Mime or Jynx.
I can understand people who like more animal-like Pokemon passing on her.
I definitely liked the design more after seeing the official art.
It's actually surprisingly close to some of the fan art...very cute in an aloof way.

Ugh, still showing re-used sprites.. not very fun. I find it odd that they're mix-matching between certain games. Leafeon and Entei from DP, Pikachu from Pt and Suicune from HGSS?.. I'm starting to think that these aren't going to just be beta sprites. :(

Guys, Pokémon is used for both singular and plural. It's possible Dust-Proof is a double/triple battle ability which protects ALL of Greencell's allies out on the field of Sandstorm, Hail and possibly hazard damage.

And now,

I don't know which version I prefer.
Ohh, that makes sense. Thanks. And I prefer the version where that thing doesn't exist.

Can anyone think of a function for You First?

Why in the world would there be a decrease? Now your teammates don't have to rely on Protect/Ghost-type/Levitate/Flyer to avoid these moves. BTW, it's an ability. Telepathy user - Earthquaker/Exploder - filler seems like it would be pretty successful in 3 v 3, based on the mechanics we know of so far.
A bit late on this, but anyways...

I'm no expert in doubles, but I just thought that people would be using EQ (and other moves like it) less because it wouldn't even hit them with that ability in play. But I really don't know. For all I know that thing that gets that ability may just be so horrible that nobody uses it or the ability may just kick in once (or another certain amount of times). I guess I'll just have to wait until the game come out.

Edit: If those are Rankurusu's male/female forms, I'll be disappointed. I was hoping that it would be a female-only counterpart to Mr. Mime :(

Edit2: I know that people that have been wondering what You First could be used for, but I could see it being used quite a bit if you could use it on your teammates so they would go first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)