Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got two questions; first how do you change the IVs of your pokemon? And second, are you supposed to register with a password and username? Because I went on the Smogon Server, and then I got asked to input a password...but it never asked me to register or anything. I tried using my smogon account password but that didn't work either. I kept on getting d/ced.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I've got two questions; first how do you change the IVs of your pokemon? And second, are you supposed to register with a password and username? Because I went on the Smogon Server, and then I got asked to input a password...but it never asked me to register or anything. I tried using my smogon account password but that didn't work either. I kept on getting d/ced.
1. there is an advanced drop down menu below the pokemons sprite in the Team viewer. Click on side window to see IVs, Hidden Power stuff and all.

2. Your nickname is already taken and secured with a Password choose another name at the Team Builder and secure this name with a password when logged in via the register button.

In the PO server, is there any way to turn off that thing after battle that show both teams, and allows both players to change the Pokémon spots?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
In the PO server, is there any way to turn off that thing after battle that show both teams, and allows both players to change the Pokémon spots?
If you challenge a Player uncheck WiFi Battle, its impossible to turn of at the ladder battles though

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to register to play, but whenever I go to the server it tells me to type a password immediately and it won't let me click the register button. Thanks.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
The server has been down for like 2 days....Whats up? :S
Given that we have had essentially this entire page filled with this question, can we finally have a definitive answer from Super or someone who is involved in the upkeep of the server, and can tell us what the actual issue is? Is it just capacity constraints or updates, or a glitch or something?

Also, I propose that someone badged edits in the answer to this question and the answer to "When I go onto the server I get asked for a password what do I do waaaah?" into the OP, because they are obviously going to be asked a lot.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
If PO comes out with an updated client, do I have to reinstall the whole program? I had this problem with the beta version...
As a related question, if the PO client is updated, can I still play without updating anything?

It is better that you always play with an updated client. Yes, you would have to reinstall the client. Though even doing that is not much of a hassle.

The Smogon server is going off and on pretty often. I know people already stated this but hopefully it gets resolved soon lol On a side note, I much prefer PO to shoddy, much more appealing to the eyes.

Okay I need to know why my Pokemon Online isn't working. I'm running it on a Mac. I downloaded it recently and when I pull the program up it says that I may not have the current version. Then it allows me to join a server and it will let me make my team. Then finally I try to find a match and it says "Your team is invalid, can't find battles!" It's the same team I've ran on Shoddy for quite a while. I don't know what to do about this, any help is much appreciated.

Athenodoros

It means something in your team is not allowed in the metagame you a trying to enter. Double check everything in your team and their moves and items are allowed, and if that fails then post it here.

Athenodoros

I put any tier so I'm pretty sure I am. Thank you for your help, by the way!
I don't mean on the team building screen, I mean at the top of the screen, where the tier tab is found. Alternatively, type in '/ranking' (without the '...') and it will tell you which tier you are in.

Poke lab is going to use after ? Or smogon now will be useing pokemon online ?
If I understand your question, Smogon is exclusively using Pokemon Online at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)