Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Rainking. He is easily walled by abomasnow, though. Even if he gets Rain Dance set up, Abomasnow comes in, takes Thunder easily(I think), and Kills it with STAB blizzard.
Edit:Oh, yeah, and Nattorei. Fire Blast/Flamethrower would be useless in Rain.........

LeadVile@Focus Sash
Jolly w/ 252 Spe/Atk 4Hp
Pressure/Wicked Thief

Fake Out
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Low Kick/Brick Break

This is my signature Leadvile. With most leads, you Fake Out, then use the appropriate move. With Ghosts, however, you can easily bluff that you have pursuit, forcing them not to switch. When they realize you don't have pursuit, however, it's too late. You can get atleast 1 guaranteed Ko, 2 if they stupidly switch in on a heavy steel type that isnt neutral to fighting, like heatran. Thats your chance to low kick. If they send in scizor, then you HAVE TO switch. There are many things that kill this set. Sandstorm(he isn't affected by hail), Priority, and entry hazards. He is Lead, so he shouldn't have to worry about entry hazards, and he can 1HKO T-Tar with Low Kick and Hippowdon with Ice punch, then switch in a weather inducer of your own, such as Ninetales or politoed.

About the Ninetales set: Looks nice to me. Never thought of using Power Swap to give the Special Attack drop from Overheat to the opponent. That's genius right there, that is. I might try a set like that myself eventually.

EDIT: commented on the wrong set, hurr durr. Sorry about that. Shinyweavile, your set looks simple at a glance, but bluffing Pursuit is a pretty good idea.

Emolga @Wise Glasses
Timid nature
252 Speed/252 HP/4 Special Attack
~Thunder Wave
~Air Slash
~ElecBall
~Agility/Charge Beam

Emolga has that good speed going for it, plus slightly respectable Special Attack. With Thunder Wave and Air Slash, it can get a little flinch-hax thing going. Thunder Wave also helps with ElecBall, which increases in power against slower opponents (not to mention STAB). There's also Agility, to boost Emolga's already high speed even further to ensure an even more powerful ElecBall, or Charge Beam, for the possibility of a Special Attack boost.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
^Why should i use Wise Glasses the only Attack with imperfect accuary is Air Slash and 95% acc isn't that bad that it would justify the lost power from not using Life orb.

I would also use Discharge or T-Bolt instead of Electra Ball as the damage formula is a bit unfortunate given that many Pokemon run full speed therefore it wouldn't deal as much Damage even with an Agility under its Belt :/

^Why should i use Wise Glasses the only Attack with imperfect accuary is Air Slash and 95% acc isn't that bad that it would justify the lost power from not using Life orb.

I would also use Discharge or T-Bolt instead of Electra Ball as the damage formula is a bit unfortunate given that many Pokemon run full speed therefore it wouldn't deal as much Damage even with an Agility under its Belt :/
Lol, Wise glasses doesn't boost your accuracy, thats wide lens. Wise Glasses boost all special attacks by 10%

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Lol, Wise glasses doesn't boost your accuracy, thats wide lens. Wise Glasses boost all special attacks by 10%
Oh that makes a little more sense i would still prefer LO and just replace Agility with Roost as you will barely need it if you spread paralysis.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
With Wise Glasses, you can bluff a scarf. Also, who doesnt think a flying rodent with glasses is cool?
Well the point of the set is to paraflinch opponents so you would have T-Wave first (he don't got Serene Grace so the opponent has to be paralysed in order to make the strategy work) and nobody throws out a Choiced T-Wave.

Amazing set for emolga, I should try it out soon!!

What about the weavile set :

Weavile @king's rock:
252Spe/252Atk/6Hp - Jolly/Adamant nature
Ability:wicked thief
-Fake out
-Fling
-Ice Punch
-Night slash/low kick

As noticed this set is a double flincher set , used as lead, and wicked thief is to have the chance to steal a good item like focus sash.

I faced an altaria earlier today in one of my matches... Don't know it's exact moveset but here's what I think it is:
Altaria @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest (+Sp Atk, -Atk)/Rash (+Sp Atk, -Sp Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Power Swap
- Flamethrower/Hidden Power Ground
- Roost/Earthquake
I kind of like this idea, but I think I'd change it up a bit. Instead of going for a sweeper set utilizing the Power Swap/Draco Meteor combo, how about a defensive one with Cotton Guard, Roost, Draco Meteor, and Power Swap. CGuard raises your defense 3 stages, you still get good damage from a STAB Draco Meteor, and then you can cripple your opponents SA making you virtually bulky on both sides. His double weakness to Ice is my only problem. Roost or throw up another CGuard on switches and even Weavile's Ice Shard will only do 25% (with 0 Def IVs, Neutral Nature, +6 from two CGs). If you chose to roost on the switch, you lose your weakness to Rock and have only a x2 Ice weakness until you move again, meaning fast pokemon with SE moves will still have trouble taking you down. Thanks for the idea ^^.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I kind of like this idea, but I think I'd change it up a bit. Instead of going for a sweeper set utilizing the Power Swap/Draco Meteor combo, how about a defensive one with Cotton Guard, Roost, Draco Meteor, and Power Swap. CGuard raises your defense 3 stages, you still get good damage from a STAB Draco Meteor, and then you can cripple your opponents SA making you virtually bulky on both sides. His double weakness to Ice is my only problem. Roost or throw up another CGuard on switches and even Weavile's Ice Shard will only do 25% (with 0 Def IVs, Neutral Nature, +6 from two CGs). If you chose to roost on the switch, you lose your weakness to Rock and have only a x2 Ice weakness until you move again, meaning fast pokemon with SE moves will still have trouble taking you down. Thanks for the idea ^^.
o_0 FINALLY! A reason to use my favorite flying type I think try this out. Also if you're willing to not use the Natural Cure Ability Cloud Nine is available outside of DW battles :D It may not be worth it though...

LeadVile@Focus Sash
Jolly w/ 252 Spe/Atk 4Hp
Pressure/Wicked Thief

Fake Out
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Low Kick/Brick Break
This is a great set. (its what I use except w/ ice shard > fake out for constant priority and I carry LO) But it's standard. It's not different so I don't really think it should be in this thread. Also low kick can't be used w/ Wicked Thief

The haxvile sounds lawlworthy and testworthy. I'm also itchin to try these altarias.

Also (for input) Imma repost my (allegedly) creative set.

Mamoswine @ light clay
Thickfat/Jolly
252 HP/Spd 4 atk

IceShard
LightScreen
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard

It's a lead set. Use one of the screens on the first turn incase they switch into magic mirror or use magic guard. Then SR if ya can. Ice Shard is priority and hits decently for no atk EV's. It also allows him to come back later and revenge dragons. No recovery sucks though for a support poke. However it's common for him to come back later and set up more screens w/ his natural bulk.

Meganium
@Leftovers
252HP, 128SDef, 128Def
Careful/Impish
Overgrow
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Aromatherapy
~Dragon Tail
This is interesting and could work very well with entry hazards up. Since heal bell does the same thing and has better distribution I decided to look up who can utilize similar sets.
The Eeveelutions (notable Umbreon) - Heal Bell/Roar
Lopunny - Heal Bell/Overhead Throw (may be illegal moveset)
Lapras - Heal Bell/Roar
Altaria - Heal Bell/Roar (No Dragon Tail >_<*)

I might do an Umbreon running a similar set. I always wanted to do one but couldn't find much use for him. It's a shame Synch doesn't work with Rest, nevertheless he could be used as a nice status absorber. Lapras' ability to run that set in a hail stall team could be nice ^^. There's always Shed Skin Zuruzukin with Dragon Tail and Rest as well.

Rain King
Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Encourage
Nature: Modest
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
My only problem with this is that in rain his weakness to water is amplified. I like Rabbit's idea of Sunny Day Nido, even if just to neuter his Water weakness and gain an epic fire blast/flamethrower. You still get full use out of ice beam and earth power if you'd like as well. I don't think we have to worry about Ninetales getting banned, so you could free the last spot up for Shadow Ball or a poison STAB (mainly for strong neutral hits).

o_0 FINALLY! A reason to use my favorite flying type I think try this out. Also if you're willing to not use the Natural Cure Ability Cloud Nine is available outside of DW battles :D It may not be worth it though...
I wasn't sure the ability, Roost, and Power Swap were all legal together, but I just looked it up and they are. You'd need to breed a female Cloud Nine Alataria with a Gen4 Male Xatu with Roost and Power Swap. I feel like Natural Cure helps the set out a bit (switching means you lose those def boosts, but resets your sp.att) , but if you need that one guy to come in and stall weather out for a while, look no further than the cloud-riding blue bird. Might even be better for doubles, because you stall Cloud Nine with Alta and sweep those silly weather abusers with your other pokemon.

Big kudos to the creator of this thread and everybody who is posting on it. I think I'll rummage through my spreadsheet full of set ideas and post some up.

I am really loving Phaze Riolu right now. I'm using it really poorly, as a lead and with no hazards, but the ability to stick up my own hazards, throw sleep moves back at the opponent, see a large part of the opponents team and pop balloons with relative ease is great, as is just throwing them about.

Problem is finding teammates, really. Probably the most endemic leads in the game currently are Politoed, Blaziken and Genosect, and Riolu just dies from them - interestingly, everybody assumes Riolu is part steel, which could be used to advantage, I suppose.

Update on the Riolu set: I tested it and yes, it works that way.

Riolu@Evo Stone
Mischevious Heart
Impish 252 Def / 172 SD / 84 Spd
~Roar
~Overhead Throw
~Copycat
~Substitute

Roar is your standard move, because it can hit ghosts. Substitute is there because if you get one free sub, you get one free roar and can start switching. 84 spd outspeeds Conkeldur, Breloom, Scizor, and Azumarill.

Title: Firewall

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Ability: Drought

-Calm Mind
-Lava Plume
-Hidden Power Ground
-Protect / Substitute

Boost up Special stats for damage dealing and taking, use Lava Plume for burns and to attack, Hidden Power Ground handles Fire/Rock types like Heatran, and Protect stalls for both Burn damage and Leftovers heal. Substitute can be used for walling purposes combined with Calm Mind, but Protect can be useful for scouting.

Title: Firewall

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Ability: Drought

-Calm Mind
-Lava Plume I could have sworn that Ninetales doesn't get Lava Plume... I even checked Serebii...
-Hidden Power Ground
-Protect / Substitute

Boost up Special stats for damage dealing and taking, use Lava Plume for burns and to attack, Hidden Power Ground handles Fire/Rock types like Heatran, and Protect stalls for both Burn damage and Leftovers heal. Substitute can be used for walling purposes combined with Calm Mind, but Protect can be useful for scouting.

Here is an attempt at Entei

Entei @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 120 Def / 192 SAtk / 40 SDef / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

A bulky Calm Mind Entei who likes to spread burn or raise defenses. This also takes advantage of Flash Fire switching in free against Fire Attacks or Will-O-Wisps and getting a special attack boost. Reflect cuts physical damage in half. Lava Plume could give a 30% chance of burn and Will-O-Wisp gives burn upon contact. So the odds of burning multiple pokes on the opponents team is pretty high. It also raises its special attack and defense with Calm Mind and after a couple Calm Minds, Water attacks can't really be koing it. Sadly, Entei does not have a recovery move and if the opponent has Stealth Rock, switching in and out a couple of times is really going to mess up your health and surviveability. This is just an attempt at using a bulky Entei.

The above Ninetails can not use Lava Plume as Ninetails has no way of leaning Lava Plume. However, it can Purgatory for a strong attack and automatically burn (with 50% accuracy) if you're thinking of that.

I really like bulky fire types, but what is this really doing over an Arcanine anyways? No priority, and no recovery is kinda scary on a bulky poke.
Also, what is the 36 speed Ev's helping you outspeed? Also, IMO, with a calm mind set, you shouldn't put any Ev's into special defense, since it will be boosted in a turn anyways. I like the idea though, and I would love to hear how it does, but fire isn't that good of a type to be using as a wall, with rock, ground, and water weaknesses, all extremely prevalent in our current meta. And lava plume won't do crap to TTar, or Toed. :/

I've had huge success with this, with SR up, and maybe a few layers of spikes, this racks up damage quick.
Mixed Phazeandora
Naughty/ Naive @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
EV's 252 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 4 Speed
Dragon Tail
Crunch / Earthquake / Stone Edge
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast / Focus Blast / Surf

Now you get him in on a stat booster, and Dragon Tail them away, then use your coverage moves or meteor, and start to wreck teams.
Naive if you want to be faster, Naughty if you want to deal more damage.
Now, which moves you use all depends on what you need to take down, crunch is great against slowbro, rankurusu, any ghost type, earthquake is earthquake, hitting many pokes for great damage, and Stone edge is also a good coverage move. For the special side, fire blast has been my move of choice, but you could use surf or focus blast too.
See, when you bring in a sazandora, people think he's scarfed, so this has a great surprise factor. I love it, and it has saved my butt more than a few times.

Has anyone noticed on the Sableye set that Recover and Spite are incompatible with Mischevious Heart??
Well Spite is due to being a 4th Gen move, but Recover is a 5th Gen egg move and can be bred onto something if a female DW sableye exists (assume it does).

@Mr. Stone. As far as I can tell that a nice set except maby add to HP evs instead of maxing both offences. To give him some bulk since if he's gonna be phazeing he's going to have to take some hits. But just a random idea.

I've been using this for a while and it works suprisingly well.
Unchill Bro
Slowbro
Regeneration
Bold
200HP 252def 56SpAtk
lefties
Moves:
Psychic
Fire Blast
Surf/Slack Off
Slack Off/Yawn
Yeah I know it looks kinda weird, but it destroys roob with psycic and is slower so takes nothing from from payback. If your afraid of gryados run yawn to prevent set up and phase in general. If you don't need phazeing you can run slack off and three attacks. Fire Blast destroys ferrothorn and hits skarm like a truck it lures both of them in very well for a unhappy surprise. Regeneration allowed it to even take pursuits from tar or it can stay and yawn it and force it to switch. And even if you run fire blast, psycic, slack off, and yawn it's highly unlikely for heatran to switch in for fear of a STAB surf.
This is my first attempt at a set please give me honest opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)