Pokemon Online server live!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Everything is on the sim bar custom moves and abilities, and RD is looking into a way to allow us to add CaPs to the 4th gen as well as 5th. I am hosting the server for now, it's on the registry, 86.132.37.237:5080. It will be interesting to see how many people it can handle on my connection. I've updated to the newest version of PO server (with GSC+bugfixes) and applied the CaP changes to it.

For the record: worst first battle ever. He loaded a non-CaP team and I played with a five minute Sun team which used the wrong ability on Ninetales. There was even hax involved.

If you want to join in now then download this and extract it to your main PO client folder. You will still be able to play on other PO servers, CaPs will just show up as missingno in battle. I'm unsure how it will work on non-Windows operating systems, so if you use one please post the results here. I will be releasing a new version with usable pre-evo placeholders and custom moves fairly soon. There will be another update for fourth gen, and hopefully one with sprites for pre evos and BW style sprites (or at least correctly aligned ones, they are positioned awkwardly in the sim at the moment).

Mods come online to claim your Great Balls (reg your name first though).

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To do:
- Improve tiers
- Improve welcome message
- Change scripts (have set ban/unban to Mod commands rather than Admin, will customize more, perhaps bring HAL back in some form, lots of ideas)
- Decide on Rating decay, rematch stuff, other things.
- Find out if my comp and connection can handle a small server (we've had at most 5 people on at once so far).
- Make it generally more.. homely.

I'm very open to suggestions, just bear in mind my minimal scripting experience.

Yeah, I had a CAP team ready to go, but I forgot to load it AGAIN. ARGH PO WHY DO YOU REQUIRE ME TO LOAD THE TEAM AFTER SAVING IT!!!!! YOU SUCK

Seriously, though, I apologize for this battle being not very appropriate for an inaugural battle at all. Fortunately, only a screenshot is done on the actual thread.

Great job on this, ete. I'm a little sad that I didn't get the chance to do anything, but hey, it's good that it all got done and by someone who's deeply involved in the project no less. Cheers and I'll get to work on the generation issue ASAP.

Great job.

Here are some things that I've noticed:

• Syclant's shiny and normal sprites have different poses
  • Rev should have 90 HP, not 99 (you know about this)
  • Krilowatt doesn't have any of his HM moves (you know about this as well)
  • Voodoll is Normal/Dark, not Fighting/Normal like it is on the server
  • Voodoom should have Psychic
  • Duclohm has DARUMA MODE for an ability
I know most of this stuff doesn't matter but it's worth noting.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Prevos don't seem to have sprites or movepools, and they all have the same (very low) stat distribution.

Yeah, that's because we don't have any real canon data regarding them. We'll implement the sprites shortly and once we have all of them, but the stats/movepools/etc. are up in the air.

eric the espeon

Great job.

Here are some things that I've noticed:

• Syclant's shiny and normal sprites have different poses
  • Rev should have 90 HP, not 99 (you know about this)
  • Krilowatt doesn't have any of his HM moves (you know about this as well)
  • Voodoll is Normal/Dark, not Fighting/Normal like it is on the server
  • Voodoom should have Psychic
  • Duclohm has DARUMA MODE for an ability
I know most of this stuff doesn't matter but it's worth noting.
Syclant's sprites have been that way since the very start of the CaP Shoddy server. Doug did it to show off both poses of the sprite, though I may switch to normal frame for consistency. Rev's HP is fixed on server/newer download (from yesterday) and will use the correct mechanics. I copied the on site dex which seems to have a typo. Kril's HMs are also fixed in the version I put up yesterday. I will check through the movepools and fix the other issues (though Voodoll's type is not exactly relevant since it has no moves), then upload a new version and update the server. May try again to add custom moves, may leave that for a later one.

What banlist does the cap server have? because i can abuse rain and swift swim
I remember an old post by Doug discussing the idea of using CaP as a testing ground for new forms of suspect testing, that may happen. For now I'm not going to introduce any scripted complex bans. The server runs off a slightly modified version of the main PO server scripts, though I'll be making more changes.

Worked perfectly on the mac version. You have to right click the application icon and select "Show Package Contents", then drop the folder in "Resources".

eric the espeon

Uploaded new version, most movepool issues should be fixed, some pre evo sprites in. Will fix things which only matter to pre evos for the next update (Voodoll type, Duclohm DW ability), and add pre evos. Thanks to zara for helping find errors on the CaP site which caused me to add wrong moves/miss some. We've added the corrections to site so when a SSer gets to that the accuracy should improve a lot.

You don't *need* to update, but you won't have fixed movepools in your teambuilder otherwise. Can still play fine with the old version.

BTW, if Deck Knight approves of it, I've posted Plicowatt's stats, abilities (including Dream World), and movepool in a somewhat haphazard manner (and provided comments on both it and Krilowatt in terms of movepool).

I went on but nobody was on. Downloading custom client anyway.

ok, I downloaded the db.zip unzipped the db inside and then used that to replace the old db. But it's still not working.

nvm, must've been a problem with...ok it's working now.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Uploaded new version, most movepool issues should be fixed, some pre evo sprites in. Will fix things which only matter to pre evos for the next update (Voodoll type, Duclohm DW ability), and add pre evos. Thanks to zara for helping find errors on the CaP site which caused me to add wrong moves/miss some. We've added the corrections to site so when a SSer gets to that the accuracy should improve a lot.

You don't *need* to update, but you won't have fixed movepools in your teambuilder otherwise. Can still play fine with the old version.
So does this include custom moves? No Kitsunoh is messing horribly with the metagame.

Too bad that the server is almost always about three people, one of which is playing Little Cup, one of which is me, and the other is using an un-EVed team of bads. :/

Too bad that the server is almost always about three people, one of which is playing Little Cup, one of which is me, and the other is using an un-EVed team of bads. :/
Until things are completely smoothed out in the server and we start creating Pokemon again, it should be expected to be that way. Like Doug once said, people would probably rather play with "real" Pokemon in a new generation. I can't wait until we get down to business though. I miss using the Cap server somewhat exclusively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)