Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a site/thread where I can see what Dream World Pokémon have been released, and when others will be released?
Separated by area and points: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldareas.shtml
and possible "Exclusive" attacks: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldattacks.shtml

and ones only given via event: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml
edit: For reference, none of the event Pokemon have been announced for NA/EU release yet

We don't know when or if (probably will eventually) more areas and Pokemon will be released at this time.

Separated by area and points: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldareas.shtml
and possible "Exclusive" attacks: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldattacks.shtml

and ones only given via event: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml
edit: For reference, none of the event Pokemon have been announced for NA/EU release yet

We don't know when or if (probably will eventually) more areas and Pokemon will be released at this time.
So everything that's not on the third link is available anytime (if you have the points)?

I've been trying to think for the past few days about a good bulky water counter, but can't come up with much. So I ask, what are some good bulky water counters for the 5th Generation OU metagame?

1)Nattorei
2)Birijion
3)Nattorei
4)Rotom-water/grass
5)Nattorei
6)Nattorei.

In fact, anything that resists water, doesn't mind burns, can take a few hits from their coverage moves makes for a decent bulky water counter.

Actually Ferrothorn does mind burn a bit, and Jellicent can stall it out with WoW and Recovering. For other bulky waters though it's awesome.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So what should I use insted on LeadGross? Isn't Zen HEadbutt useful against lead Machamp?
On a lead set, maybe. But lead Machamp doesn't seem as common (in my experience, at least; others might correct me on that); you should be more concerned with things like Nattorei in that case.

I understand the OHKO ban for luck reliance reasons, but why can't they do it by changing the base accuracy to 0 instead of banning the moves outright? There's no luck involved in strategies like Mind Reader+Sheer Cold Articuno or having a Machamp Partner in doubles, and they were clearly intentional parts of the game (those are specifically programmed exceptions to the way OHKO accuracy is calculated). Is the outright ban due to tradition?

Do Gastro Acid and Skill Swap revert Zoroark back into a normal Zoroark, or is it just no longer able to use Illusion after it switches out? If Skill Swap cancels it or not, does the pokemon who receives Illusion transform?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I understand the OHKO ban for luck reliance reasons, but why can't they do it by changing the base accuracy to 0 instead of banning the moves outright? There's no luck involved in strategies like Mind Reader+Sheer Cold Articuno or having a Machamp Partner in doubles, and they were clearly intentional parts of the game (those are specifically programmed exceptions to the way OHKO accuracy is calculated). Is the outright ban due to tradition?
We never alter game mechanics.
Do Gastro Acid and Skill Swap revert Zoroark back into a normal Zoroark, or is it just no longer able to use Illusion after it switches out? If Skill Swap cancels it or not, does the pokemon who receives Illusion transform?
Not sure on the first part, but since Gastro Acid and Skill Swap are canceled when you switch, it would use Illusion again when it came back in.

Would anyone be able to trade me a random Zorua or Zoroark to pass the game wiht (pref 20-30 but whatever is fine :) ) I have my own shiny raikou but im unable to transfer it because of the region lock, and i really want a Zoroark for my first run of the game :D
I can get you a Zorua. :3

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Bulbapedia said:
Teasing Heart increases the priority of non-damaging moves, switching and item use by 1.
Is this correct? If so, does that mean that a MH user could safely switch out against a slower Pursuiter?

@Dark Froslass: I'd go with Hammer Arm to deal with Nattorei, personally. Much more common and harder to KO.

When will Round 3 Suspect testing begin? Also, there was a reference in the Round 2 thread that it wouldn't be based simply on ladder ranking; can anyone tell me the current plans for the substitute for that?

Why are we fat?
Because the worse food is for you, the better it tastes. The world's weird like that.

OK, I'm sure most of you already know that Pokéshifted Pokemon have a 50/50 chance of swapping abilities upon evolution, based on the PID. I have a Shellder I bred up in HG that I plan to Pokeshift once I get Black version, and evolve into Cloyster. Only reason I haven't already evolved it is because it needs to learn Razor Shell and Shell Break in the Shellder stage. See, it has Skill Link, as well as Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. And I do NOT want it to acquire Shell Armor when it becomes a Cloyster.

My question; Would someone be able to tell me whether or not my Shellder will swap abilities in Unova if I were to provide its PID for someone to check? And if this isn't the right place to ask, could someone show me where the right place to ask is?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It is possible, but the research might not have been done yet. Ask over in the Wifi forum, where they are better versed in in-game stuff.

This might be a dumb question, but I was wondering:

If I were to give a Shed Skin Scrafty a Chesto Berry in case Shed Skin didn't activate upon using Rest, would the Chesto Berry be activated first, or would it only activate if Shed Skin didn't?

(In other words, which will activate first? The berry, or the ability?)

My router uses WPA code to use wifi and that doesn't let me get on wifi to get on my pokemon heartgold. Can pokemon black/white use both? If not what can I do to get on wifi when I get pokemon black in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)