Black/White Walkthrough Tourney - Round 1: Pinwheel Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally made a team, going to contact Snype. However, I'm having some second thoughts about Musharna. I've been doing some calcs (admittedly with gen 4 calculators, if there are any gen 5 calcs out feel free to tell me) and this thing is ridiculously hard to break, even without Defense Curl boosts. Liepard's Pursuit when switching out barely does half against max/max with a boosting nature, and as far as I can tell nothing else does much more (perhaps STAB Retaliate from Herdier/Watchog with the boost). It's hardly a sitting duck either; 54 Special Attack uninvested is pretty strong when most only hit in the low 60s with max attack/special attack EVs. And while without it it'll be much harder to stop the fighters, it's not impossible. Venipede and Woobat both x4 resist Fighting (though obviously Retaliate will hurt), and Swadloon also resists it (plus it has decent defenses). If it's banned, Sawk and company will have a blast, but if it's not then I'm guessing most matches will come down to either a Musharna vs Musharna stall war or to whoever loses their Musharna first.

Perhaps, but Musharna can stall it out all day; Pursuit isn't going to do very much if Musharna doesn't switch, and Musharna can set up Defense Curl to make it even more pitiful. Not to mention that it can also use either Hypnosis or Yawn to put it to sleep, making it fodder for the rest of the match. Just because it can't beat Liepard on its own doesn't mean Liepard is a full stop; if anything, it's a draw.

I'm not saying Musharna isn't broken. I was just saying that in the end Liepard can even PP stall it out if that is what it comes to.

Even if Liepard is asleep, you can just bring it in on their Musharna and force it to switch out. Liepard vs. Musharna is a win for the person with Liepard in, because Musharna can't damage Liepard, but Liepard can damage Musharna. If Musharna switches out, Pursuit does major damage, forcing it to use Moonlight the next time it comes in. If Musharna starts setting up Defense Curls, it has to use Moonlight to regain HP, not to mention a crit would cause it to lose immediately. If Musharna puts it to sleep, it still can't damage Liepard and has to switch out before Liepard wakes up. Moonlight only has 8 PP, so as long as you have Liepard in on Musharna it's time alive is slowly dwindling away.

Also Liepard should never be allowed to die if your enemy's Musharna is still alive. If it does, it's your fault you get swept.

I am not going to be able to take part in this so I apologize. If possible, please find a substitute or advance my opponent. Thank you.

activity post, my opponent hasn't contacted me although i have VMed them. We have plenty of time still, but i'm just saying :p

Won against Optimusje, gg. My Watchog swept early-game, then Throh and Sawk cleaned up where it went down to my Liepard killing his Liepard with Assist Rock Smash.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
(20:39) Lady Salamence: Wait, what?
(20:39) B-Lulz: ?
(20:39) Lady Salamence: You forfeit?
(20:39) B-Lulz: yeah i dont care lol
(20:39) Lady Salamence: So I won?
(20:39) B-Lulz: yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)