5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a way to influence the nature of your roamer? Or is that a Non C-Gear item
Well, you can't really influence it either way.

The only known way to influence nature is button mash A to finish the encounter as quickly as possible. But that gets you semi-consistent natures for the same non C-Gear seed, and there's no way to predict this nature in advance.

So for the Max Frame I put 3? And the Min/Max box I put anything from 1500-6000?
Or I put 1500 in the Min/Max box and 6000 in delay?

Then once I do that, I can do something like put max IVs and generate that seed?

If you are looking for very specific IV's I wouldn't suggest limiting your search to 3 frames, there is every chance you won't get any result. If your initial frame is 3, open it up to 8 or 13. That way you can do 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party to advance.

I personally search for delays from min 1500 - max 9999 but then again I'm very confident hitting larger numbers from years practicing on previous gens

When searching for seeds and whatnot, they mentions dates and times like 3/28/2011 at 22:59:59 time. Is it referring to the date/time you should start your game or is that less needed in B/W?

Start the game at the time that will give you the correct seconds\delay when the timer ends.
Is referring the game title screen or the start-up screen you get when you turn on your DS?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When searching for seeds and whatnot, they mentions dates and times like 3/28/2011 at 22:59:59 time. Is it referring to the date/time you should start your game or is that less needed in B/W?

Is referring the game title screen or the start-up screen you get when you turn on your DS?
It refers to the time you start the game from the DS menu, or soft-reset.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I noticed that the last post was edited today, March 15 2011. I was wondering if there was something new?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I noticed that the last post was edited today, March 15 2011. I was wondering if there was something new?
Rules additions.

Specifically the one telling people to stop asking over and over when the next RNG Reporter release will show up.

Question: Is there some sort of encounter rate thing we can use to get certain genders and abilities? Like, I'm planning on RNG catching a Frillish, so would there be something like that so I could get one which is say for example, male and Cursed Body and know for sure that I'll get those things?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Question: Is there some sort of encounter rate thing we can use to get certain genders and abilities? Like, I'm planning on RNG catching a Frillish, so would there be something like that so I could get one which is say for example, male and Cursed Body and know for sure that I'll get those things?
Sure, but that requires knowledge of your non C-Gear seed. So, not yet.

It refers to the time you start the game from the DS menu, or soft-reset.
It's applies to the first timer thing or the actual date/time the seed has given you? The timer/seed date thing seem conflicting to me. Should I should start the timer while turning on the game, wait for the first timer to finish before hitting the "insert game title" button on the DS or for it to hit the seed time/date?

To better explain my, I've give you an example. I'm trying to soft-rest for a Victini with 31/16/31/31/31/31 IVs. The seed gives me a time of 21:00:02 and a date of 3/16/2011. The instructions says start the game when the first timer from ends (which for me is 35:95). Should I start the game based on EonTimer or the time the seed has given me?

Is it possible to RNG the Larvesta egg you recieve in route 18? Would it be the same as RNGing a wild Pokemon, as in I can't control the nature/ability?

It's applies to the first timer thing or the actual date/time the seed has given you? The timer/seed date thing seem conflicting to me. Should I should start the timer while turning on the game, wait for the first timer to finish before hitting the "insert game title" button on the DS or for it to hit the seed time/date?

To better explain my, I've give you an example. I'm trying to soft-rest for a Victini with 31/16/31/31/31/31 IVs. The seed gives me a time of 21:00:02 and a date of 3/16/2011. The instructions says start the game when the first timer from ends (which for me is 35:95). Should I start the game based on EonTimer or the time the seed has given me?
The time given for your seed is when you want the game to be seeded; that is, when you turn the C-Gear on.

So, the timer has two countdowns. Start the first countdown running at exactly the same time as you set your DS clock (Eon Timer tells you how many minutes in advance of your target time you need to set it). Turn the DS off, turn it on and get into the game. Then soft reset as soon as the first timer finishes. Get into the game, and press the pwoer button on the lower screen C-Gear. Wait until the second timer finishes, and press yes with the stylus as soon as it does.

Then do the required frame advances, and hope you catch the right thing!

When is the "time" mentioned in RNG Reporter? I know that on a cartridge it's when you soft-reset, but what if you return to your R4's menu at that time? Will it work the same way? Or will it be when the screen turns white after loading it?
EDIT: Ah, never mind, I didn't read the above post.

When are you suppoosed to start zomgtimer?
i believe it's when you change your time and you press a

when i am doing pc movement advances can i
1)move a pokemon from my party to pc then back to count as 7 advances
2)save in front of the pc or do i have to save somewhere else

EDIT: Does turning in one spot also count as a step

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How will you get the natures correct and when would you advance the frames? I'm a bit confused here.
For now, you luck into it. There are lots of things that advance that RNG, but there's no abusing it on a cart yet.

So over night I left my computer searching for a hexflawless spread. I searched for 1,250/10,000 min/max delay and 303 max frame. Yeah, pretty large search. After searching 80% or so, it only found 1 seed with a frame in the 200's.

My question is will I be able get a hexflawless spread much easier with non C-Gear when it becomes available?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So over night I left my computer searching for a hexflawless spread. I searched for 1,250/10,000 min/max delay and 303 max frame. Yeah, pretty large search. After searching 80% or so, it only found 1 seed with a frame in the 200's.

My question is will I be able get a hexflawless spread much easier with non C-Gear when it becomes available?
Maybe. Maybe not. It really depends how your parameters turn up. The spreads may suck or they may be great.

Is it possible to Egg IV Abuse? If yes, how/ Because I can only see things like this:

__ / A / __ / B / __ / A

And those underscores are empty, so how can I do this? I saw some people did this already... Thanks in advance!! :heart:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Did you try changing the year? It'll give you a weird catch date, but it might be easier to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)