Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Just beaten Skyla today and I want to say that Pidove family can burn in hell. I swear the entire family fucking spam Detect just to troll me. The Gym in within itself wasn't hard, but I had to evolve my Joltik before taking down then Gym Leader.

Team so far.

No nick yet - Frillish (Timid, lv 25)
Majestic - Sepvine (Adamant, Lv 33)
Aztec - Sigilyph (Timid, Lv 32)
Briefs - Scraggy (Adamant, Lv 37)
No nick yet - Galvantula (Timid, LV 38)
Tomoe - Excadrill (Jolly, Lv 35)

At the moment I'm training my female Frillish by slaughtering Litwicks. Hi Jump Kick missed like three times now and nearly cost Briefs his life. No wonder I hate the move.

Just got out Chargestone Cave in Black, having a blast I must say. Problem is; I seem to be overlevelled? It's made the game a walk in the park so far but I can't figure out what I did to get my pokemon to be at such higher levels. I haven't grinded or anything, just fought the trainers available to me in each route. My team so far:

Lvl. 34 Lonely Emboar
Lvl. 34 Hardy (Shiny!) Tirtouga
Lvl. 33 Timid Simisage
Lvl. 34 Brave Scraggy
Lvl. 22 Ducklett (Fly slave, will swap out for Golurk)

Just finished beating the E4, and I really loved the story's conclusion (well, so far at least). I have to say though, Cofagrigus did make me nervous multiple times, as I couldn't hit it hard enough for it to die, until I realized I could just swords dance up with Excadrill and ram through the rest of Shauntal and Ghetsis' teams.

I'm going to head out and catch some of the mons I was too busy to find the first time around (mainly the dragons) and fill up my pokedex some while i move on to post game stuff.

Watson (Samurott) lvl 47
Gaia (Excadrill) lvl 50
Marian (Archeops) lvl 50
Sherlock (Lampent) lvl 44
Daedalus (Galvantula) lvl 44
Brucie (Gurrdurr) lvl 43

also, watchog is a pain in the ass, so is super fang, and so is the pidove family's incessant detect spam

Alright, so I'm about to challenge the 5th gym, and I'm feeling seriously overleveled. I currently only use a team of 3 (Simisage, Darumaka, Krokorok), all lv 31 or 32. I guess that's quite high-leveled for this point, and Darumaka pretty much OHKOs everyting right now. What level where most of you guys around that point?

I'd just hit the 30s after I finished battling Clay, iirc. I don't think you're overleveled at all. Me being in the 40s by the time I battled Skyla, however, that was pretty overleveled...

Been playing for the second time, and I'm taking it much more slowly this time. About to enter Celestial Tower and I have this team:

Lilligant - Lv. 35
Archen - Lv. 34
Zoroark - Lv. 35
Duosion - Lv. 34
Tynamo - Lv. 37

After Ferroseed and Deino, Tynamo is one of the most difficult Pokemon to train for me. It dies pretty easily even to Audino, and it doesn't hit that hard. Can't wait for it to evolve, because I have a Thunderstone already. Planning to catch a Litwick now.

Alright, so I'm about to challenge the 5th gym, and I'm feeling seriously overleveled. I currently only use a team of 3 (Simisage, Darumaka, Krokorok), all lv 31 or 32. I guess that's quite high-leveled for this point, and Darumaka pretty much OHKOs everyting right now. What level where most of you guys around that point?
I think I was around 24-25 at that point, with my Krokorok at a bit higher (30, I think). But I also had a team of 6.

I'm just before the 6th gym and my guys are around 31 or 32 with Yamask as my lowest at 27 (I replaced Klink with him, cause while the gear was cool looking, he wasn't very good and I didn't feel like grinding him).

I'm beginning to loathe Cobalion. It never hits the right delay, and refuses to stay in any Pokéball. (I'm not wasting my Masterball on it.) It's Struggled to death twice now because it ran out of moves...

Just finished beating the E4, and I really loved the story's conclusion (well, so far at least). I have to say though, Cofagrigus did make me nervous multiple times, as I couldn't hit it hard enough for it to die, until I realized I could just swords dance up with Excadrill and ram through the rest of Shauntal and Ghetsis' teams.

I'm going to head out and catch some of the mons I was too busy to find the first time around (mainly the dragons) and fill up my pokedex some while i move on to post game stuff.

Watson (Samurott) lvl 47
Gaia (Excadrill) lvl 50
Marian (Archeops) lvl 50
Sherlock (Lampent) lvl 44
Daedalus (Galvantula) lvl 44
Brucie (Gurrdurr) lvl 43

also, watchog is a pain in the ass, so is super fang, and so is the pidove family's incessant detect spam
watch out for all the trainers you face post game, though. They take about a 10-level jump from ghestis's Pokemon.

I'm beginning to loathe Cobalion. It never hits the right delay, and refuses to stay in any Pokéball. (I'm not wasting my Masterball on it.) It's Struggled to death twice now because it ran out of moves...
Wierd, I caught it in two ultra balls, without status just in red.
Got lucky I guess.

I'm surprised you can actually catch a wild metagross! I just encountered one of them yesterday night while battling Audinos in Giant chasm to train my staryu.

I swear dusk balls have gotten a nerf or something this gen. I threw 15 dusk balls at metagross. Nothing. Not even ONE shake at red health. Then I threw a ultra ball. Caught it in one.

Same thing happened with Metang. Threw about 10 dusk balls. Not even one shake. But then I caught it with two ultra balls.

Aren't dusk balls 3.5x in the night? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky or something. Granted, they do have a catch rate of 3...

anyone know a good place to train after beating the elite four? my team is in the 40-low 50s range and i keep getting my entire team destroyed by these level 60 old school pokemon

edit: i have white btw

^^^Staryu?, you can catch Starmie in the route outside that place in the wild in like level 58.
Yeah I know. For some reason, I get more satisfaction and I get more attached to the pokemon when I train it from a low level. If I catch a 58 level starmie, where is the fun in that? :)

anyone know a good place to train after beating the elite four? my team is in the 40-low 50s range and i keep getting my entire team destroyed by these level 60 old school pokemon

edit: i have white btw
Do some Audino grinding in east Unova. The Audino there are in the level 50 range. With the Lucky Egg, it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm surprised you can actually catch a wild metagross! I just encountered one of them yesterday night while battling Audinos in Giant chasm to train my staryu.

I swear dusk balls have gotten a nerf or something this gen. I threw 15 dusk balls at metagross. Nothing. Not even ONE shake at red health. Then I threw a ultra ball. Caught it in one.

Same thing happened with Metang. Threw about 10 dusk balls. Not even one shake. But then I caught it with two ultra balls.

Aren't dusk balls 3.5x in the night? Or maybe I'm just really unlucky or something. Granted, they do have a catch rate of 3...
You SURE you were throwing em at night? My Ultraballs failed to catch Metang but my Duskballs got one in 1 try. METAGROSS though...geez....he took so many Dusk Balls. He was worse than Kyurem!

To expand: Audino appear in shaking grass. The shaking grass patch is (I've read) set upon entering an area or finishing a battle. So, find somewhere you can see a decent sized patch of grass from a route entrance, and keep exiting and re-entering the route until you see shaking grass, then go for it (preferably with Repel to avoid encountering regular wild Pokemon - you'll still meet the one in the shaking grass.)

To expand: Audino appear in shaking grass. The shaking grass patch is (I've read) set upon entering an area or finishing a battle. So, find somewhere you can see a decent sized patch of grass from a route entrance, and keep exiting and re-entering the route until you see shaking grass, then go for it (preferably with Repel to avoid encountering regular wild Pokemon - you'll still meet the one in the shaking grass.)
Yes and no. It also changes when you don't engage in a battle. So if you run in an area with no grass but is near grass, the shaking spot will eventually show up.

Yes and no. It also changes when you don't engage in a battle. So if you run in an area with no grass but is near grass, the shaking spot will eventually show up.
Does this work with repel? I've been in the spot above umdella town for about an hour now still no shaking patches

I've been running in and out of them after each wild pokemon

edit: got one right after i posted this lol

Audinoes are a massive help, work even better than repeating E4 runs (which used to be my main way of training pokes up...) It's still decently effective with my Zekrom approaching 70s and my Zoroark and Sigilyph close behind. Thinking of getting a Golurk soon here... fly will be far less of a problem on it (as opposed to sigilyph...). Eventually they'll catch up to my Lv100 Z from FR (managed to get 404 SpAtk from a lucky breed, kinda suprised me when I finally reached 100 on my SS).

Anyone else pissed that Dark Pulse is no longer a TM? Or Stealth Rock for that matter?

And that every decent TM you get early in the game has bad distribution (i.e. Scald, Frost Breath)?

Grass Knot sucks because all those prevos are super light.

Was unaware about Black City and that Breloom was exclusive to Black. I feel like there being repeated battles in Black City is kind of unfair compared to White Forest. I haven't reached the forest yet though so maybe there are at least a few there as well?

No?

Dang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)