Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

That might explain why my Krokorok completely fucked Elesa... It was level 30. I wanted a good natured Gothita before the gym, damn it. And I. Never. Run.
Yeah, by the time I was at the gym, I still only had Sandile. I finally remembered the Dig TM and that helped a lot (Sand Tomb hits like a wet noodle), and with Boldore's Smack Down, I was able to hit one of the Emolga's with Ground as well. Still doable, but a Krokorok would've made it a lot easier.

Sorta changing the subject; is it just me, or is the encounter rate for random battles like ridiculously higher than previous games? I literally can't go more than three or four steps without a battle, and often, I see battles in two consecutive steps. Chargestone Cave was terrible (I finally just some Repels).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorta changing the subject; is it just me, or is the encounter rate for random battles like ridiculously higher than previous games? I literally can't go more than three or four steps without a battle, and often, I see battles in two consecutive steps. Chargestone Cave was terrible (I finally just some Repels).
I've noticed that as well, though it doesn't seem as bad in caves as it does in grass. Is there any research about encounter rates going on?

Eh, I think it's just random. Sometimes it'll be two encounters in three steps, and sometimes I'll make it through several patches without an encounter.

Mind you, half the time I'm playing I have Super Repels active, so meh.

breh

強いだね
The human mind is very good at making quick patterns. Thus, even when something is only seen twice, for example, that is percieved as a pattern. This is seen in issues such as PO hax; everybody says that PO hax is higher than normal when they get 3 crits in a row but ignore when they don't get any crits for 45.

I never felt like encouter rate was higher than usual TBH.

Just beat Clay with 4 Pokemon around level 30 and have decided to use a Sawk in my team. Is the best move to wait for Surf and get one on route 18 or get one outside Pinwheel Forest and grind it loads?

Just starting the game, deciding to go with Oshawott. Just looking for some advice on if this guy is a better physical or special attacker. I've looked him on on Serebii, and aqua jet makes him a very attractive physical attacker but he loses out on any ice type move?
Go mixed if you don't have either Adamant or Modest, since they weaken the other offensive stat. Mine runs Surf/Waterfall/Megahorn/Grass Knot, and he's quite the beast, even though he's mighty slow. I didn't go with Aqua Jet because, while it's priority, it's weak. You could go with Swords Dance + Aqua Jet, but he doesn't learn SD for a long while.

Long story short: Go mixed if possible.

Just starting the game, deciding to go with Oshawott. Just looking for some advice on if this guy is a better physical or special attacker. I've looked him on on Serebii, and aqua jet makes him a very attractive physical attacker but he loses out on any ice type move?
You can't teach Samurott any Ice type moves other than Blizzard before the E4 anyway. My own Samurott has Aqua Jet, Surf, Grass Knot and Waterfall and it does just fine.

I agree with you there. I also remember thinking the exact same thing when I first played D/P though, so the encounter rate is probably the same. Maybe you get less encounters the higher level your Pokemon?

HAH! beat the elite four! Also I beat *spoiler* and *spoiler* and i'm back at Nuvema town.

*Spoilers*

Looker has made a return I see. I guess the next objective is to round up those sages?

Well, im going with White because 1, its already in my grasps and 2, because i much perfer the excucives and i really couldnt care less about rotation because im already amazing at triple battles. the only down for me is missing houndoom....

So...can I not use the PokeTransfer without a DSi? I'm trying to connect to my Soul Silver from my DS Fat with my White in a DS Lite, but I'm not getting the "DS Download Play" option. No website or the guy says anything about a DSi, but the top screen says "This image is from a Nintendo DSi system." and has a parakeet to the left and a smiley square to the right...and I can't do anything. I tried doing the same thing with Diamond, but it's still not doing anything.

Have you gone to the guy in the Poketransfer lab? You have to have the national dex before you can poketransfer.

Where is the move relearner?

Move relearner is in Mistraltron, 6th gym city, in the house south-east of the pokecentre. (Not like that place has many houses, its like the Mahogany of this gen)

So...can I not use the PokeTransfer without a DSi? I'm trying to connect to my Soul Silver from my DS Fat with my White in a DS Lite, but I'm not getting the "DS Download Play" option. No website or the guy says anything about a DSi, but the top screen says "This image is from a Nintendo DSi system." and has a parakeet to the left and a smiley square to the right...and I can't do anything. I tried doing the same thing with Diamond, but it's still not doing anything.
DS fats work fine. I'm Using a fat and my sisters DSi and it works. Fine. Random crits in chargestone cave (3 to be precise) left me with a terrible terrible team (2 purrloins, modest Timburr). So I'mma just restart my nuzlocke.

Have you gone to the guy in the Poketransfer lab? You have to have the national dex before you can poketransfer.
I'm pretty sure I have the National Dex. I remember Juniper's dad talking to me and saying giving it to me, and I've run into past Pokemon as well. However, when I open my Pokedex, it's only Unova Pokemon, so I'm not completely sure. And yes, I've talked to the guy in the transfer lab.

DS fats work fine. I'm Using a fat and my sisters DSi and it works. Fine. Random crits in chargestone cave (3 to be precise) left me with a terrible terrible team (2 purrloins, modest Timburr). So I'mma just restart my nuzlocke.
But do I need a DSi? I have a Fat and Lite, and it's not working.

Well considering the Cottonee ingame trade gives you a Modest one with Prankster AND 20/20/20/31/20/20...That seems REALLY good to me >_> I think I'll EV train it...Good idea? Bad idea?

Well considering the Cottonee ingame trade gives you a Modest one with Prankster AND 20/20/20/31/20/20...That seems REALLY good to me >_> I think I'll EV train it...Good idea? Bad idea?
Bad idea. Lilligant is unquestionably better than whimsicott in-game (whimsicott is still better than the snivy line though). It's still good to do the trade for breeding purposes if you want to raise a competitive whimsicott.

I mean, you could always use whimsicott through the game just because you like it. That's what I did; i'm sure you can see that it's my favorite pokemon. It did just fine. But objectively speaking, lilligant is much better in-game.

Bad idea. Lilligant is unquestionably better than whimsicott in-game (whimsicott is still better than the snivy line though). It's still good to do the trade for breeding purposes if you want to raise a competitive whimsicott.

I mean, you could always use whimsicott through the game just because you like it. That's what I did; i'm sure you can see that it's my favorite pokemon. It did just fine. But objectively speaking, lilligant is much better in-game.
I meant I was using the ingame one to train for a late-game (After E4) Priority statuser and some light competitive (It's better than I've been breeding recently, that's for sure >_>;) and I thought since it ALWAYS has those IV's, I'd share with everyone incase they didn't know! :D

I meant I was using the ingame one to train for a late-game (After E4) Priority statuser and some light competitive (It's better than I've been breeding recently, that's for sure >_>;) and I thought since it ALWAYS has those IV's, I'd share with everyone incase they didn't know! :D
Oh, well, it's still a bad idea. Whimsicott isn't all that great without encore, which is an egg move. Thanks for the IVs though. I haven't started breeding yet so I didn't bother to check. That 31 will be a good start.

Oh, well, it's still a bad idea. Whimsicott isn't all that great without encore, which is an egg move. Thanks for the IVs though. I haven't started breeding yet so I didn't bother to check. That 31 will be a good start.
I was thinking more along the lines of Stun Spore, Safeguard, Light Screen and Protect...Sortof a scout thing to use to catch Pokemon and reduce damage in battle!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In-game, that's pretty good, but competitively you will always want Encore unless you have a reason to be using one of its incompatible egg moves.

From my playthrough, Sawk/Throh were pretty darn amazing early game, sweeping every. Single. Thing. I eventually phazed it out for Excadrill.

Did anyone else feel that Emboar was useless? Mine just seemed to lack hard hitting fire moves.

The human mind is very good at making quick patterns. Thus, even when something is only seen twice, for example, that is percieved as a pattern. This is seen in issues such as PO hax; everybody says that PO hax is higher than normal when they get 3 crits in a row but ignore when they don't get any crits for 45.

I never felt like encouter rate was higher than usual TBH.
I think it's safe to say the "walk instead of run to decrease the encounter rate" feature is gone from HGSS though.

I LOVE that the RageCandyBar has a use now, and a hilarious (to me anyway) one at that.
Hey, these Darmanitan have been here for 2,000 years, but give them this chocolate and they will wake up!

And I finally got my Luxury Ball Timid HP Rock 70 Volcarona, after 3 days of RNGing it. It's a female, and I preferred a male, but eh.. it's a butterfly/moth. Now I gotta get my Quick Ball Cobalion :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)