Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Guess I'll ask for input...I'm about to challenge the 6th gym.

Smuglord (NOT Serperior) - 41
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Growth
Leech Seed

Rankurusu/Reuniclus-41
Psyshock
Psychic
Light Screen
Recover

Hihidaruma/Darmanitan-40
Flare Blitz
Headbutt
Taunt
Cheer Up/Work Up

Abagoora/Carracosta-40
Aqua Jet
Ancient Power
Shell Smash
Crunch

Doryuzu/Excalidrill-40
EQ
X Scissor
Rock Slide
Claw Sharpen

Where are the TMs for Calm Mind and Focus Blast? Whatever you guys are saying about the game being hard is utter bullshit. And what set should I give Abagoora?

and this gym puzzle is challenging

Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Growth
Leech Seed

Rankurusu/Reuniclus-41
Psyshock
Psychic
Light Screen
Recover

Hihidaruma/Darmanitan-40
Flare Blitz
Headbutt
Taunt
Cheer Up/Work Up

Abagoora/Carracosta-40
Aqua Jet
Ancient Power
Shell Smash
Crunch

Doryuzu/Excalidrill-40
EQ
X Scissor
Rock Slide
Claw Sharpen

Where are the TMs for Calm Mind and Focus Blast? Whatever you guys are saying about the game being hard is utter bullshit. And what set should I give Abagoora?
You can't get calm mind until after the e4 from one of the Seven Sages and focus blast from Wellspring Cave I assume via surf. Of course the game won't be hard if you overlevel like you have...

You can't get calm mind until after the e4 from one of the Seven Sages and focus blast from Wellspring Cave I assume via surf. Of course the game won't be hard if you overlevel like you have...
laaame oh well

And I am definitely not over leveling...in DPP the gyms were around my level. They slacked of big time with making BW challenging.

laaame oh well

And I am definitely not over leveling...in DPP the gyms were around my level. They slacked of big time with making BW challenging.
Well the end part of the story is decently challenging at least and if you don't grind post game is also a pretty good challenge.

@????
I just beat the elite 4 in white and I have 5 team members ranging from 42 to 46 and an HM slave (Dwebble, lol). You're fairly overleveled. Also, your team is pretty broken; you basically have the best available pokemon of each type. Of course it's been easy.

I have this issue where I keep catching pokemon I want to use, but can't find room on my team!

I was using Samurott, Excadrill, Vanillish, Galvantula, Sigilyph, and Scrafty. Then I caught a Litwick and couldn't figure out a way to fit it in. Then I caught an Axew, and decided to put it in for Vanillish, but now I'm not sure that was a good idea. Thoughts anyone? I just got the surf TM and was thinking of dropping Samurott for Vanillish, since I have other stuff to cover ground, rock, and fire.

Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Growth
Leech Seed

Rankurusu/Reuniclus-41
Psyshock
Psychic
Light Screen
Recover

Hihidaruma/Darmanitan-40
Flare Blitz
Headbutt
Taunt
Cheer Up/Work Up

Abagoora/Carracosta-40
Aqua Jet
Ancient Power
Shell Smash
Crunch

Doryuzu/Excalidrill-40
EQ
X Scissor
Rock Slide
Claw Sharpen

and this gym puzzle is challenging
Wow. I just finished the 6th gym and I thought I was overleveled at the 32-35 range, and I spent a lot of time screwing around fighting wilds trying to catch a bunch of types and/or evolve my pokemon. Did you Audino farm a bunch, or just waste even more time than I did?

laaame oh well

Um I think you overleveled. You SHOULD be the exact same level as the gyms. You musta gone off track, farmed Audinos, traded over and got boosted EXP or SOMETHING because no one else seems to have experienced what you did. They definitely didn't slack...you but you definitely did something you weren't supposed to do.

Oh and a majority of your pokes are really good too. The challenge is really up to us...and your choice was to make it easy, even if you didn't mean to make that choice. ^_^' Heh...

Um I think you overleveled. You SHOULD be the exact same level as the gyms. You musta gone off track, farmed Audinos, traded over and got boosted EXP or SOMETHING because no one else seems to have experienced what you did. They definitely didn't slack...you but you definitely did something you weren't supposed to do.

Oh and a majority of your pokes are really good too. The challenge is really up to us...and your choice was to make it easy, even if you didn't mean to make that choice. ^_^' Heh...
QFT

I really love this game. The graphics have received a nice boost and I love it when the music tensions up as you reach the final of a gym battle. First gym wasn't too hard. Second gym was kinda a challenge. Third one is really easy if you use Darumaka. I don't know why everyone struggles on Elesa... I used Palpitoad and it kicked her ass. Uproar can hit quite hard. Ground gym is easy with Seismitoad and Servine. Up to flying now. I really want to have another team member. Any thoughts? I was planning to catch a Joltik, but I'm not sure yet. I want one that can rock the E4.

Team

Serverior, lvl 36: Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Mega Drain (I know, it's moves suck)
Seismitoad, lvl 36: Scald, Uproar, Muddy Water, Bulldoze
Darumaka, lvl 33: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Facade, Trash
From what I've heard, Scrafty can rock all but one of the E4 by itself. I started using one, because fighting and dark on the same poke opened up a slot on my team for something else.

what are some good pokemon that can learn fly?

I've been having to fly around a lot and I want this tranquill out of my party.
You can use your legendary dragon (Zekrom or Reshiram), almost all flying types can learn Fly so it depends on who you want to use.

Also I really like the singing guy under the Village Bridge.

Yeah, I just hit the Celestial Tower and my guys are all around the 30 range (highest is my Krokorok at 34ish). At the appropriate level, I'd say that the game's fairly challenging. Random trainers give me more trouble than I got from random trainers in previous games.

The biggest problem I'm having is that there are so many pokemon I wanna use, but only 6 slots =)
On my team are Pignite, Sigilyph, Klink, Joltik, Krokorok, and Tirtouga. In my PC are Yamask, Litwick, Darmanitan, Petilil, and Herdier and I'd love to use all of them, but I just don't have room. I might switch out Klink for Yamask, but I'm hoping that Klink gets better after he evolves, cause he's a really cool looking pokemon and I think pure steel is cool, but right now he's not so useful.

Klink's probably gonna stay trashy for a long time - his movepool is just that bloody barren. Cofagrigus might not be the most powerful poke, but in-game he's pretty neat to have around to sop up hits and dish 'em back out.

Just starting the game, deciding to go with Oshawott. Just looking for some advice on if this guy is a better physical or special attacker. I've looked him on on Serebii, and aqua jet makes him a very attractive physical attacker but he loses out on any ice type move?

So, guys, remember I was having trouble with catching Volcarona? The bastard trolled me this morning.

Started off normal, Thundurus paralysed it, Shock Wave til dead, go to Samurott, Surf into the orange, Strength into the red. BURNHAX! I go "I can use this to my advantage!" and X-Scissor to 1 HP (lots of parahax helped.). Throw a Net Ball, BAM, one shot. I check its nature... BRAVE. I sadface.

Two attempts later, MODEST :D I just caught a nuke.

I really love this game. The graphics have received a nice boost and I love it when the music tensions up as you reach the final of a gym battle. First gym wasn't too hard. Second gym was kinda a challenge. Third one is really easy if you use Darumaka. I don't know why everyone struggles on Elesa... I used Palpitoad and it kicked her ass. Uproar can hit quite hard. Ground gym is easy with Seismitoad and Servine. Up to flying now. I really want to have another team member. Any thoughts? I was planning to catch a Joltik, but I'm not sure yet. I want one that can rock the E4.

Team

Serverior, lvl 36: Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Mega Drain (I know, it's moves suck)
Seismitoad, lvl 36: Scald, Uproar, Muddy Water, Bulldoze
Darumaka, lvl 33: Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Facade, Trash
I would say backtrack to Relic Castle and get the Plume Fossil. Then head to Nacrene City's Museum and get it revived. Archen will come at level 25 with Pluck/AncientPower/Agility/Wide Guard (or is it Quick Guard? Oh well doesn't matter)

Archen is failry fast for in-game (I have one with a -Speed nature and it was only being outsped by Emolga) and hits hard. It gets Acrobatics at level 28 and from there OHKO's soooo many things. It gets Dig through TM for great coverage with Rock STAB. It also gets Crunch and U-Turn by level up and evolves at level 37. This guy tears things up so much it's ridiculous. Of course Defeatist sucks as an ability but it should be outspeeding and OHKOing most things so as long as you don't switch it in to take attacks it shouldn't be too big of a hassle.

I seriously don't see everyone's problem with Elesa. I currently am training only 3 Pokémon (Simisage, Krokorok and Darumaka), my lv 29 Darumaka one-shotted everything (including Zebstrika) with Fire Punch. Had to sustain 3 Volt Changes in the process, but that is that.

I seriously don't see everyone's problem with Elesa. I currently am training only 3 Pokémon (Simisage, Krokorok and Darumaka), my lv 29 Darumaka one-shotted everything (including Zebstrika) with Fire Punch. Had to sustain 3 Volt Changes in the process, but that is that.
Well, isn't 29 a bit high for the gym? I forget, all I know is that my guys are around level 30 and I'm at the Celestial Tower, before the 6th gym. It's easy if you overlevel (but I forget Elesa's levels so correct me if I'm wrong)

And I didn't get a Darumaka because I had Pignite and I hate using two pokemon of the same type in the same team. I managed to kill her the third or fourth try with Boldore.

I think training a non-starter to level 29 when the gym leader's main poke is level 27 is a turn off for most players. Darumaka does do well in that gym, but Hustle misses are so frustrating.

Well, isn't 29 a bit high for the gym? I forget, all I know is that my guys are around level 30 and I'm at the Celestial Tower, before the 6th gym. It's easy if you overlevel (but I forget Elesa's levels so correct me if I'm wrong)

And I didn't get a Darumaka because I had Pignite and I hate using two pokemon of the same type in the same team. I managed to kill her the third or fourth try with Boldore.
That might explain why my Krokorok completely fucked Elesa... It was level 30. I wanted a good natured Gothita before the gym, damn it. And I. Never. Run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)