CAP 12 CAP 1 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can draw some rather good design but the problem is i cant draw with computer program and i must make a picture of it with a camera and my drawing kinda looks so unclean.

Finally im sucks with giving color.

Can i gave my design though ?
We have a thread for questions like these right here

I don't think it's against the rules as long as you have a white background (you might have to do some editing to get a truly white background). You might consider buying a cheap scanner in the future though.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a warning: I am closing this thread and putting up the art poll in exactly 24 hours. It would be a good idea to finish up any and all changes and submit a final submission some time before that time!

Cartoons!: Hm, it's a bit of a tough decision for me, actually. I'm going to say the umbrella one; just something about it. Prankster also would fit it very well.

Breadsticks: YOU TURNED KRATOS INTO A POKEMON. I SALUTE YOU, SIR.

Nastyjungle's is probably my favourite submission so far. Different from karate birds, not too overdesigned, whilst all the time looking like it could pull of lots of attacks, and with a concept that justifies its two abilities. So far it's the only thing that if I saw in-game I would consider wanting to use.

Final Submission

Main Design

Supporting Material

Move gallery

It's a hummingbird, a battleaxe (imaginatively), and a tornado. Pose designed to look fighting-type. I have little to say about this design, other than that in some cultures hummingbirds have mystic connotations.

May the best design win.

It will have to be your final submission if you want to submit it.

It looks good-but as you said, too steel-typed. (In particular I noticed it was fairly similar to Skarmory.) I'd go with the second color scheme. It also doesn't really look like it could be a Prankster.

You can enter it nonetheless, though.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Gun6: I really like the first color scheme. The armor fits well with the whole "knight" idea, and I enjoy the beak as a lance, although I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. The second color scheme just looks weird with that gray sticking out of the middle of the red.

Dunah nunah nunah nunah nunah nunah nunah nunah... BATMAN!

Check it, this motherfucker is UGLY AS HELL, which is perfect for a Pokemon meant to cause switch outs, because when it steps on the scene the other mons'll be like "Holy shit what the fuck is that" and run away. I actually had this idea before it was decided that it would get Intimidate, but now that it does, it's even better. It also has prehensile feet, so it can still clock 'em one, even without arms (I wanted it to be a physical attacker, but w/e it's fine).

This isn't my final submission yet, because in the precious few hours left I want confirmation that this is legal, because I'm worried that it breaks this rule:
It must have a distinguishable outline on the entire subject in contrast to the background. No part of the design can be blurred into the background or blended into the background.
It's distinguishable from the background, but the fur makes it so there's no super clear outline. If it isn't okay, please tell me so I can try to revise it!

Also on the fur: I kind of doubt I'll win, but if I do, I don't want any potential spriters to be scared off by the fur, it needn't be quite so detailed.

Anyway, here's a bunch of supporting material. They're a bit rushed and the scanner makes them look even worse, but I wanted to make them anyway and had fun doing them.
Ruling Tyranitar (BEST PICTURE EVER)
Rocking Terrakion
Scrapping with Scrafty
Trying to ground Landorus
Possible alternate (shiny) coloration

As for everybody else's submissions, superguh007's paratrooper is my favorite, I hope he finishes it! I also love DougJustDoug's triplane, Doran Dragon's moth, Nastyjungle's sphinx, Ticketmeister's kite, and Chou Toshio's frog.

Like the bat a lot, I'm pretty sure it fits the guide lines but if you have time I'd try to make it look a bit more cartoony and not so detailed because although It looks awesome Its doesn't look very pokemon-ish

Like the bat a lot, I'm pretty sure it fits the guide lines but if you have time I'd try to make it look a bit more cartoony and not so detailed because although It looks awesome Its doesn't look very pokemon-ish
I know what you mean. I'll try doing a more cartoony version.

Edit: Alright, I drew over the original pencil and paper one because I didn't want to start from scratch.

I kind of dig it. Does anyone think I should use this as my main design instead?

Final Submission

Main Design

Based off of a woodpecker and a jousting knight. Although it seems to be heavily armed at first, it's only moderately sturdy. Its silver feathers are very durable and lightweight while its red feathers seem to exist for decorative purposes. In battle, a well-trained CAP1 will protect its vulnerable lower half with either of its shield-like wings, though it seems to prefer the left one. Safely from behind the protection of its wing, CAP1 will attempt to lance the opponent with its sharp beak. Even though it upholds chivalrous practices, its woodpecker nature gives it an innate guile so it is a bit of a prankster. It seems to have a long-standing rivalry with Escavalier for unknown purposes.

Supporting Material

Sketches in different perspective: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Gun6/CAP1support.gif

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
well crap, after seeing Cartoon's new art and that backshot I think I'm pretty much sold

fatecrashers design is also mega solid

damn these excellent artists

I admit I haven't made a single post about other people's submissions up to this point, but since the thread is closing soon lemme just say who I'll be voting for (at least in the first round):

Cartoons!
SoIHeardYouLikeSentret
(DidISpellThatRight)
aragornbird

In my opinion, these are the three most original, well-drawn ideas that manage to fit within the constraints of both the stat spread and the abilities (Prankster in this case being the tricky one). So I throw my support behind them; good luck, guys!

Final Submission

Well, not much has been said, might as well submit what I have before the time is up.

Main Design

Check it, this motherfucker is UGLY AS HELL, which is perfect for a Pokemon meant to cause switch outs, because when it steps on the scene the other mons'll be like "Holy shit what the fuck is that" and run away. I actually had this idea before it was decided that it would get Intimidate, but now that it does, it's even better. It also has prehensile feet, so it can still clock 'em one, even without arms (I wanted it to be a physical attacker, but w/e it's fine).

Supporting Material
"Cartoony" version
Ruling Tyranitar (BEST PICTURE EVER)
Rocking Terrakion
Scrapping with Scrafty
Trying to ground Landorus
Possible alternate (shiny) coloration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)