Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrador and deadfox are both beginners with challenges up already, in case you want to take one of those. :0 Otherwise you run the risk of getting potentially raped by someone more experienced LOL.

EDIT: Oops, my bad.

Still waiting for my team to be given the ok, but I think it should be fine for me to put in for a battle too (?). If so..

3 vs 3 Singles Battle
48 hr DQ time
2 recovery, 5 chills

Arena: Riverside

This battle is taking place alongside a river in the Hoen region. It's not a raging river but there is a noticeable flow to carry a pokemon at higher than normal speed along it. The east side of the river is a grassy area, about 2 inches high and with three medium sized rocks scattered around it. The rocks are big enough to hide behind but also small enough to be broken by a strong enough attack. The west side is the beginning of a dense, dark forest. Even the bravest of pokemon would be wary on entering it considering what could be lurking within.
I accept this when your team is approved.
Switch = KO
All abilities
No items

Actually mate Flamestrike already took that challenge up.

I would be more than happy to accept a challenge from you if you wanted to write one up right now though..

Why not deadfox :) Two noobs for a battle!

3v3
Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per poke
Arena: Mount Ember Peak
The top of a mountain with very rocky terrain. There are boulders everywhere. They are all big enough to hide behind but they can be both shattered and moved if hit by a strong attack. Being on a mountain top, there is plenty of sky for aerial matches. The sun beats down hard but it is a pleasant, cool temperature.

Summary:
Rocks provide 5% extra evasion but if hit by a strong attack while hiding behind it does 5% extra damage
Strong sunshine (no charge for SolarBeam and Fire boosted attacks)
Lots of space for flying
Digging not allowed

3v3
Singles
The top of a mountain with very rocky terrain. There are boulders everywhere. They are all big enough to hide behind but they can be both shattered and moved if hit by a strong attack. Being on a mountain top, there is plenty of sky for aerial matches. The sun beats down hard but it is a pleasant, cool temperature.

Summary:
Rocks provide 5% extra evasion but if hit by a strong attack while hiding behind it does 5% extra damage
Lots of space for flying
Digging not allowed
Ok lets go then

Switch = KO
All abilities
No items

Now just needing a ref

We have a battle set up on IRC between Terrador and SDS, with me as ref:
3v3 Doubles
DQ Time: 3 Days
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena:
[22:41] <Terrador> Stereotypical Stadium
[22:41] <Terrador> Ground can be Dug in
[22:41] <Terrador> Room to Fly and for very large pokes
[22:41] <Terrador> no other gimmicks

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No items

Everything's set up, this is just to make it official ^_^

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Open chall.

2v2 singles
dq: 4 days
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena

Arena: Indigo Stadium

Indigo Stadium is a basic competitive arena with no special effects. The sides of the arena has tiny grates with water running underneath, and the soil is hard and covered with a light element of sand to allow moves like Dig and Earthquake. Trees line the sides of the field as well.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Terrador14! Dogfish44 wants to ref.

It's time for a...

STREET BRAWL!

Essentially, in a street brawl, each trainer sends out all their Pokemon(outside of those RPing) at once. No exceptions. They are not allowed to keep any Pokemon in "reserve". As such, there is no question of "xvx" and singles doubles/etc.

2 Day DQ
Max 2 Recoveries/10 chills per Pokemon

Arena: http://www.mariowiki.com/Chief_Chilly_Challenge

Chief Chilly Challenge

Stressing this point: The match will begin only after my match with DarkSlay has ended. This should happen in a few hours, but keep in mind I shall have to claim prizes from that match before this starts.

Open chall.

2v2 singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena

Indigo Stadium is a basic competitive arena with no special effects. The sides of the arena has tiny grates with water running underneath, and the soil is hard and covered with a light element of sand to allow moves like Dig and Earthquake. Trees line the sides of the field as well.
I accept
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

I accepted Destiny Warrior's challenge.

Yes, I know that this leaves me with four obligations, but given that everyone for two is online, no more than 3 at a time will happen.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open chall.

2v2 singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena

I accept
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items
I'll ref this.

And street brawls are allowed.

edit: wait what? Are you talking about having 4 matches at a single time? Oh, I wish we could do that, but we can't, sorry. Only 3 at a time.

3v3
Singles

Summary:
Lots of space for flying
Digging not allowed
Ok lets go then

Switch = KO
All abilities
No items

Now just needing a ref
I'll ref this PM me your teams.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Terrador14! Dogfish44 wants to ref.

It's time for a...

STREET BRAWL!

Essentially, in a street brawl, each trainer sends out all their Pokemon(outside of those RPing) at once. No exceptions. They are not allowed to keep any Pokemon in "reserve". As such, there is no question of "xvx" and singles doubles/etc.

2 Day DQ
Max 2 Recoveries/10 chills per Pokemon

Arena: http://www.mariowiki.com/Chief_Chilly_Challenge

Chief Chilly Challenge

Stressing this point: The match will begin only after my match with DarkSlay has ended. This should happen in a few hours, but keep in mind I shall have to claim prizes from that match before this starts.
I ACCEPT!
No items, and Switch=instant lose, all abilities.

This sounds fun. We're currently waiting on d_w approving stuff, then we'll be on our way.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Alchemator to the very first...

COMBO EXHIBITION!!!

Rules:

2v2 Singles
Pokemon get 2 Actions per Round
Each Round, a Pokemon must use a 2-action Combo Move. Exception: When you choose to Chill, you chill for both actions. This super-chill heals 30% energy.
Participants are encouraged to state the intended effect of their combination moves, though the referee gets the final say on whether or not the combination works as intended. The Dojo is a good place to test/propose combinations of moves.
You cannot re-use a combination unless the effect of that combination would be different from a prior effect for that combination.
All Abilities
No Items
No Switches
1 "Super-Chill" / 1 Recovery per Pokemon

Arena: The Contest Hall!

A 30x30 square ring with hordes of onlookers watching the battle eagerly. A panel of judges sits at the front of the ring. The special ring is surrounded by a field that prevents any energy from exiting the field- Seismic waves, weather effects, and other forms of energy or projectiles dissipate or disappear on contact with the boundary of the arena. The ground is diggable.

Let's do this!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Who thinks they can take me on?

It's the right time... for a STREET BRAWL.

Format: Street Brawl - You send in every mon you've got that isn't RP'ing (Right now, that's my entire team except Boltair).
Pokémon get 2 actions per round.
Banning: Moves who inflict sleep with no damageing effect.
DQ: 3 Days / 1 Week per Ref
Arena: Valley of the screaming ghosts. A valley where the dead pass through into hell, a place filled with spikes and torture machines. The ghosts passing through care not for the battle, but will often attack randomely. The moves that they make in there screams are:

Hyper Voice (20%)
Perish Song (20%)
Scream (30%)
Uproar (10%)
Hex (10%)
Roar (9%)
Relic Song (1%)

These moves will be aimed at 1 pokemon per action, selected randomely. Ghosts have a base speed of 60 in regards to when they strike.

STREET BRAWL

KAXTAR vs DW /w DANMANTINCAN AS REF!!!!!!!

2 actions per pokemon per round.
DQ: 2 Days for Battlers, 3 Days for Ref (Note: I will be out of town Thursday-Saturday, so I might go over the DQ time; hopefully, I can access a computer on my vacation)
Arena: Jolly Roger Bay from Super Mario 64- a beach with all the usual features, including palm trees, sand, rocks, the ocean, and a partially submerged shipwreck.

Post to confirm you are taking part, good luck DW. Dan, I'll send you my team after a few prizes get approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)