5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How can I increase the rate with which I hit my seed? My biggest problem (time wise), is that I hardly hit it for only about 30% of all tries. :S

Timer0 is always the same for me, but it can't be that it is completely wrong, as I do hit my seed from time to time.

I've been trying to RNG using an emulator (desmume) but I seem to get stuck at the calibration.

I'm using RNG reporter 9.77
I have AR disabled (although I have tested with AR enabled too, which gives me the same result).
My mac adres is 0009BF123456
I'm hitting my seed at 23:30:00 on may 1st
I consistantly catch a Patrat with an iv spread of 17/5/5/4/2/17

I found some information saying I should be searching within a different range of variables, but I was unable to find what the range is. Could anyone tell me what range I should be using, or what the maximum range is on all possible variables (vcount, timer0, gxstat, vframe)?

Does turning and not moving aid their appearance because I obviously don't wanna go over the 128 step count as my frame is 1!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does turning and not moving aid their appearance because I obviously don't wanna go over the 128 step count as my frame is 1!
No. You must walk for the call to the RNG to be made. You have 31.25%-37.5% chance of one appearing within 128 steps depending on what step you start on. Best to go for a higher frame. If it doesn't appear the first time, it will never appear for you assuming you have no NPC involvement.

Hmmm...is it me or does the Timer0 fluctuation rate change in different ID/SID combos?
Because on my White cart, the fluctuation was quite minimal on my last ID/SID. But the fluctuation just increased on my next ID/SID (which I'm doing now).

Does the Timer0 fluctuation rate depends on the ID/SID, or depends on the desired seed no matter what our ID/SID are?
EDIT: Or does it vary depending on the KeyPress combos?
That one, I do believe.

2 Questions:

1. Are in game trades considered gift pokemon, if they are, then I'm able to RNG Abuse 'em with the Method set to Gift Pokemon, correct?
2. When RNGing Zorua event, I should have a synch. in the front of my party, yes?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2 Questions:

1. Are in game trades considered gift pokemon, if they are, then I'm able to RNG Abuse 'em with the Method set to Gift Pokemon, correct?
2. When RNGing Zorua event, I should have a synch. in the front of my party, yes?
1. They may be gifts, not much research has been done into that. The problem is that there are many other things that go on in between. The frame advances most likely more than once and we do not know when the IVs/PID are set. So they aren't really RNGable as of now.
2. Yes.

I thought in pokemon Black & White all ingame trades had set IVS - 31 in 1 specific stat (depending on the pokemon) and 20 in all the others.

Is it possible to have encore egg move cottonee without waiting route 6 swarm? + Its nearly impossible to get male clef in giant chasm, cause no sweet scent allowed.

1. They may be gifts, not much research has been done into that. The problem is that there are many other things that go on in between. The frame advances most likely more than once and we do not know when the IVs/PID are set. So they aren't really RNGable as of now.
2. Yes.
Alright, thanks. Then I won't be doin' those in game trades just yet ^^;

Is it possible for the Larvest Egg you get on Route 18 to be shiny? And if I'm gonna RNG it, will havin' a synch. help me get the nature I want? Or is it completely random?

I thought in pokemon Black & White all ingame trades had set IVS - 31 in 1 specific stat (depending on the pokemon) and 20 in all the others.
Yeah, just took a look at it I thought in pokemon Black & White all ingame trades had set IVS - 31 in 1 specific stat (depending on the pokemon) and 20 in all the others.[/QUOTE]]here. So I guess it's impossible to RNG abuse in game trades, seein' how the IVs are set...

Toast++

Ah. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clearing it up. Seems like a weird thing to do though.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
~13-14 above what it would be, assuming no NPCs. So 53-74. Big range, but it's hard to narrow down any more than that.
Thanks. Then I know what the minimum for my Shiny PID can be. Will walk the same route every time to make sure I'm doing the same amount of turns.

Hello everyone i created this account just to thanks omegadonut and everyone responsible for the improvement of the RNG reporter.

For the first time i was able to RNG successfully in pokemon game.And now i can RNG wild and stationary with certain accuraccy and proud owner of a NF shinies volcarano,yamask and elgyem.And when it worked i almost pissed in ma pants xD

Gonna try RNG shiny eggs now but i suppose the NPC outside would never allow me D:

Is it possible to have encore egg move cottonee without waiting route 6 swarm? + Its nearly impossible to get male clef in giant chasm, cause no sweet scent allowed.
Cute charm in the first slot makes encountering a Pokemon of the opposite gender a 66% chance, regardless of gender ratios.

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips for RNG'ing Tornadus/Thundurus's natures? There's got to be SOME trick, right? Or do I just keep resetting and manipulating the IVs until I hit the nature I want? :\

Around what frame do their PIDs tend to start at after the whole rain sequence?

Hello, I'm new to RNG, and so I apologise for my ignorance. I've been trying ot calibrate my DS (lite) with RNG reporter 9.77. I've filled in my MAC, my version, and the exact IVs of the Pokemon I caught, using sweet scent, in dragonspiral tower. Then when I search, I get no results back. Does anyone know why this happens?
My MAC is 00-16-56-D5-43-5A, but I put it in without the hyphens

Hey I got a annoying seed I want for my Roamer. I was wondering if my process would work. Since its Frame 8 I saved right before the old lady's house and decided in order to hit my seed I would walk back to the pokemon center for 128 steps with 4 pokemon and then deposit one and walk back so I get 128 steps with 3 pokemon giving me 1+4+3 = 8. So Im just wondering if there would be anything preventing me from doing that. Like should I do it another way?

Hello, I'm new to RNG, and so I apologise for my ignorance. I've been trying ot calibrate my DS (lite) with RNG reporter 9.77. I've filled in my MAC, my version, and the exact IVs of the Pokemon I caught, using sweet scent, in dragonspiral tower. Then when I search, I get no results back. Does anyone know why this happens?
My MAC is 00-16-56-D5-43-5A, but I put it in without the hyphens
What method are you using? What were your search Min/Max Frame ranges, and what Min/Max Frame ranges did you choose to generate in the Adjacent Finder? Did you use a timer like EonTimer?

What method are you using? What were your search Min/Max Frame ranges, and what Min/Max Frame ranges did you choose to generate in the Adjacent Finder? Did you use a timer like EonTimer?
Well, I was following Bearsfan's videos, so I suppose it was the standard method. Is min/max frame the vframe in the parameter section? If so, it was 0-10. I have no idea what and Adjacent Finder is, so I apologise for that. I didn't have Eontimer, but had my DS synched up to an online clock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)