5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So I'm guessing you'll never be able to control the second Pokémon in a double battle nor be able to derive some helpfull information from it when capturing it.
What kind of pokemon will appear as the second pokemon could be done easily (will probably be added to PPRNG sooner or later), but nature and ability depend on whether the first pokemon can hold items or not, which in turn depends on knowing the location in the game you are doing the encounter in order to know the specific pokemon that appears first. Adding that kind of info becomes a lot more effort for relatively little gain.

I'm trying to capture a shiny Excadrill from Giant Chasm.

My target
seed is B5FD5FB518D0A0DA
target frame is 7
MAC Adress is 001EA9D354D8

After I do the necessary steps to advance the IV frame by 6 (2x128 steps as I have 3 'mons in my party) and enter a shaking spot I get a Jolly female lv47 Sand Force Excadrill with the correct IVs. And with the same running + 1 save I get a Naughty female lv47 Sand Force Excadrill with correct IVs. I'm pretty sure these are the PID frames for those two

593 1 54C5802F Jolly 1 F M F F
594 1 07BD3979 Naughty 1 F M M F

And the PID frame I'm trying to hit is

602 5 79DA0A83 !!! Hasty 0 M M M F

I've tried to hit it 5 times now, either turning 4 times + saving once or saving 9 times, but all I get is a Dragon Gem. :/

I don't know how these shaking spots actually work, so my guestion is: Is it even possible for me to get something else than a Dragon Gem from this PID frame (602)?

Are you taking into account the PID advances that occur when you walk and turn from advancing the IV frame? It seems to me you are considering how high your target PID frame is without using multiple Chatot.

Are you taking into account the PID advances that occur when you walk and turn from advancing the IV frame? It seems to me you are considering how high your target PID frame is without using multiple Chatot.
Yes I'm taking them into account. I run the same path every time. 128*2=256 running steps advance the PID by 512, so that 593 seems about right?

And I dont have any Chatots, so after I've done the IV advancement all I can do to advance the PID frame is saving and/or turning.

EDIT: And I have been able to hit several high PID frames earlier with regular wild pokemon. This is my first time with the shaking spots. :)

I've been trying to catch a flawless quiet tynamo in chargestone cave for a while. I've consistently hit my seed, but not the pid and encounter slot I want. I move the same everytime I hit the seed and get the same shaking patch, but when I have advanced my frames and do my calls, the encounter slot and pid are always different everytime and I'm not sure why.

I've been trying to catch a flawless quiet tynamo in chargestone cave for a while. I've consistently hit my seed, but not the pid and encounter slot I want. I move the same everytime I hit the seed and get the same shaking patch, but when I have advanced my frames and do my calls, the encounter slot and pid are always different everytime and I'm not sure why.
On which floor are you doing this?

Then all I can think of is that you are not doing the same amount of calls / taking the same amount of steps everytime. I catched Tynamos on the B1F myself and I always got the same PID frame when I hit my target seed. :E

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to find Honey in Gen V? I'm trying to hit a seed that doesn't give me enough room in my part to bring a sweet scenter.

When breeding, i've read before that the everstone can be attached to the male poke in 5th gen, is this true? Would make my life a lot easier if it is true!

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to find Honey in Gen V? I'm trying to hit a seed that doesn't give me enough room in my part to bring a sweet scenter.
Catch a Combee from Route 12(?). They have always Honey with them. If you have catched one before, just battle some wild pokemons with a Combee in your party. There's a pretty good chance they pick up honey after battles.

+/- 999 should be your Delay range, not your frame, though it looks like you got it correct on the screenshot you sent me. Have you set your Frame box to 21?
Delay is what I meant, yes. What would setting frame to 21 accomplish, just showing what spread I should have on the 21st frame, being the one I would run in and capture? I have mostly been checking using the seed check AR code, as there is no search function in PPRNG.

Hey guys. I have a problem. I've had one successful RNG catch. Aside from that, I'm having problems with IVs. I get to the point were I never hit my seed anymore. I'm thinking it's something with the calibration phase. The thing is, I always get 2 different Timer0 which are almost completely the same in how common they are. I get C7E first, then I get C7F. Next I get C7E again and then C7F. By the time I've completed 5-6 trials, they're completely even. How do I know which one's the right one to use? I caught my only successful stationary legendary with C7E. Now, I'm having no success with either Timer0.

Alright, I've got a weird problem:

I'm using the Shiny egg finder (9.81). Both parents are flawless (one is a Ditto) and I'm searching for >30/>30/>30/31/31/31 shiny eggs with ability 1 and using an Everstone. Also it's set to 3 keypresses (no L/R) and my IDs are correct.

Here's a screenshot.

I tried setting the IVs to x/x/x/31/31/31, but that didn't help any.

The weird part is, I sent this to a friend, and told him my DS parameters, and he ran the exact same search and started getting results. I tried re-downloading RNG Reporter, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Alright, I've got a weird problem:

I'm using the Shiny egg finder (9.81). Both parents are flawless (one is a Ditto) and I'm searching for >30/>30/>30/31/31/31 shiny eggs with ability 1 and using an Everstone. Also it's set to 3 keypresses (no L/R) and my IDs are correct.

Here's a screenshot.

I tried setting the IVs to x/x/x/31/31/31, but that didn't help any.

The weird part is, I sent this to a friend, and told him my DS parameters, and he ran the exact same search and started getting results. I tried re-downloading RNG Reporter, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
happened to me as well. anyone know the deal?

Is it normal for me to have calibrated 5 times (to find my DS parameters) and got a Timer0 of C7C 3 times, and a Timer0 of C7B 2 times?

Is it normal for me to have calibrated 5 times (to find my DS parameters) and got a Timer0 of C7C 3 times, and a Timer0 of C7B 2 times?
It's not "normal" per say just because most people are in the C7E-C7F range. But Timer0 is always going to fluctuate between the two like that. You just have to try to determine which is the most common for you.

It's not "normal" per say just because most people are in the C7E-C7F range. But Timer0 is always going to fluctuate between the two like that. You just have to try to determine which is the most common for you.
Really, most people are C7E-C7F? My calibration on a different DS was C7C, and for a friend, it was C79. Weird...

Thanks for your help. I'm continuing calibration, and C7C seems to be the most common for me with this DS/cart.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I don't know how these shaking spots actually work, so my guestion is: Is it even possible for me to get something else than a Dragon Gem from this PID frame (602)?
If you are sure you're hitting 602, and you are getting a gem, then you will always get a gem. You have only a 40% chance of getting a pokemon from swirling dust on any given PID frame.

Delay is what I meant, yes. What would setting frame to 21 accomplish, just showing what spread I should have on the 21st frame, being the one I would run in and capture? I have mostly been checking using the seed check AR code, as there is no search function in PPRNG.
One of these days, searching will get in there. C-Gear will be first. In the meantime, I'm not sure that the seed check code will give something that will match up with the seed shown in PPRNG. You're better off setting the IV frame to 21 and trying to find matching IVs. You can at least sort on the columns to make your manual search easier.

So, do I just need to hold down the buttons till the Game Freak logo, then automatically interact with Terrakion since it has only 1 Frame?
Something's wrong. I'm doing what I assume I should be doing, and I'm not getting the results I want.

I set the time and date to that on the DS, and start it up 1 second before the time shown up there (So :37) and after that, I let go of A and hold down R + X till the Game Freak Logo. Then I skip through and I don't turn on the C-Gear, and then I wait for the Spring thing to pass then interact with Terrakion since there's no need for frame advancement. I have a Synchroniser and it is working, but I keep getting the same spread each god-damn time, so I must do doing something wrong consistently.

Any idea? I have 3 pokemon with me for all it's worth.

Something's wrong. I'm doing what I assume I should be doing, and I'm not getting the results I want.

I set the time and date to that on the DS, and start it up 1 second before the time shown up there (So :37) and after that, I let go of A and hold down R + X till the Game Freak Logo. Then I skip through and I don't turn on the C-Gear, and then I wait for the Spring thing to pass then interact with Terrakion since there's no need for frame advancement. I have a Synchroniser and it is working, but I keep getting the same spread each god-damn time, so I must do doing something wrong consistently.

Any idea? I have 3 pokemon with me for all it's worth.
Going to need some more information? What do you mean you keep getting the same spread? Are the IVs wrong? Have you checked to see if you're hitting the seed from your other Timer0?

Hey guys I'm having some problems with RNG Reporter 9.81 and the iv inheritance.
I was RNGing (via breeding BW international) a 30/31/30/30/30/30 Shiny Modest Flash Fire Litwik with a seed that gave 9/11/9/30/30/30. The parents were a jap hexaflawless ditto and a female 30/31/30/31/30/30 Litwik. The ditto had a everstone attached. RNG Reporter said I should get a Shiny Male Modest Flash Fire 30/31/30/30/30/30 on PID frame 97,98,99.

I figured out my starting frame and then advanced to my target frame (98) via Chatot Cries. Hatched my egg. Offspring was a Shiny Male Modest Flash Fire Litwik like I was aiming for. I thought sweet saved my game, loaded up my AR and went to look at the AR. Ivs turned out to be 31/31/31/30/30/30. I reset the parents on RNG Reporter and had a look at what the ivs inheritance were. RNG Reporter said HP Atk and Def were inherited from the male.

Now I was lead to believe from someone on GFaqs that the ditto always acted as the female in iv inheritance even if the other pokemon was a female. I've RNG breeded alot of other pokemon and never had this problem before but maybe the ditto becomes the male when the other pokemon is a female? I don't know but this is the only option I can see that would explain my ivs. Can anyone confirm this for me?

And yes I had Ditto Parent ticked.

@The Mole:

In Generation IV, in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, inheriting natures remains the same as in Emerald. However, in the Johto remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver, inheriting Nature was changed a little. Whichever Pokémon is holding an Everstone will pass down its nature, regardless of gender, or whether it is breeding with a Ditto.[2] Another minor change that is present in all Generation IV games, is that the passing on of natures via an Everstone will not work if the Pokémon are from different real world countries (e.g. Argentina and Spain). This restriction is lifted in Generation V.

Quoted from Bulbapedia, so yes, you can give the male parent an Everstone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)