Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty much everybody and their grandmother uses that set. It's good but not creative in the slightest.

This one isn't particularly..new, but very, very effective in UU. I'm not combing through 28 pages of sets to figure out if it's been posted before.

Name: Fuck Off Physical Attackers
Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Nature: Bold
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Softboiled
-Counter

I don't really understand why this isn't standard. When you see Chansey and its apparent weakness to physical attacks and practical immunity to special attacks, why don't you say "fuck off physical attackers" and use counter? This is particularly useful in the current UU tier because not even Scarf Heracross will OHKO this. To portray its physical bulk, the full health set has about a 30% chance of living a standard Snorlax +6 return. If you don't display return really early, you can net a few surprise kills on people that think they can kill Chansey. I have 6-0'd teams with this before. Toxic is for quickly building damage on special attackers that you can't counter, and thunder wave is to assist your team. Either way, this set is effective, but I prefer toxic.
lol I just saw this
blajaran stop plugging chansey >.>
Okay, seriously though, counter actually seems decent. Then, at least, you'll have some way of damaging other than stoss. I'll shelve that in my "to try" list along with Charm Chansey...

As for the Leafeon set, I really think there are other pokemon such as Gliscor who can do it better, with better typings and better bulk.
And the reason Knock Off is better than Covet is you can use it more than once. With Covet you steal someone's item and you're stuck with it, and with no attack investment, you won't be doing much choiced.

Has anyone tried Amnesia Slowbro?

Bold Slowbro @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Amnesia
Scald/Surf
Toxic
Slack Off

With Amnesia, Slowbro can boost its SpD to 394 and complement its 394 HP and 350 Defense. For a comparison of its bulk...

Zapdos@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Thunderbolt vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 59.8 ~ 70.5% (236 ~ 278 HP)

Jolteon@Choice Specs (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Thunderbolt vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 62.9 ~ 74.6% (248 ~ 294 HP)

Kyuremu@Choice Specs (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Draco Meteor vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 52 ~ 61.6% (205 ~ 243 HP)

Shaymin@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Seed Flare vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 64.4 ~ 76.6% (254 ~ 302 HP)

So all Slowbro needs to do is Amnesia a second time (which is easy enough to do given its bulk) and it walls a majority of the tier while gradually Toxicstalling or Scalding them to death.

Bold Slowbro @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Amnesia
Scald/Surf
Toxic
Slack Off

With Amnesia, Slowbro can boost its SpD to 394 and complement its 394 HP and 350 Defense. For a comparison of its bulk...
This set is just a Calm Mind Slowbro with Amnesia over CM and Toxic over an offensive move. Other than that, it actually works fairly well. The only downside is that you will never get a chance to set up twice against powerful super-effective STAB hits. Say your opponent brings Zapdos on the turn when Slowbro sets up. It can then proceed to spam T-bolt to kill you off easily, doing over 60% each time.

Given that you can't set up on super-effective hits anyway, I think that Calm Mind Slowbro is superior thanks to its better offense and the fact that it sets up on the same Pokemon.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
lol I just saw this
blajaran stop plugging chansey >.>
Okay, seriously though, counter actually seems decent. Then, at least, you'll have some way of damaging other than stoss. I'll shelve that in my "to try" list along with Charm Chansey...

As for the Leafeon set, I really think there are other pokemon such as Gliscor who can do it better, with better typings and better bulk.
And the reason Knock Off is better than Covet is you can use it more than once. With Covet you steal someone's item and you're stuck with it, and with no attack investment, you won't be doing much choiced.

Bold Slowbro @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Amnesia
Scald/Surf
Toxic
Slack Off

Zapdos@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Thunderbolt vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 59.8 ~ 70.5% (236 ~ 278 HP)

Jolteon@Choice Specs (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Thunderbolt vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 62.9 ~ 74.6% (248 ~ 294 HP)

Kyuremu@Choice Specs (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Draco Meteor vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 52 ~ 61.6% (205 ~ 243 HP)

Shaymin@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) Seed Flare vs Slowbro@Leftovers (252/4 EVs, Neutral Nature, +2): 64.4 ~ 76.6% (254 ~ 302 HP)

So all Slowbro needs to do is Amnesia a second time (which is easy enough to do given its bulk) and it walls a majority of the tier while gradually Toxicstalling or Scalding them to death.
An amnesia set works better with slowking, due to his higher special defense.

Why Politoed Don't Have Wool Drizzle

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rain Dance

But Ada, you do realize that Politoed gets Drizzle right? Yeah, I know. I started using rain again so… It’s funny, the look on people’s faces when they see me use Politoed + a bunch of threatening Swift Swimmers, and then again, as their weather starter gets trapped and killed by Politoed. :) This set aims to surprise the opponent and remove a problematic Pokemon at the same time whilst still getting Rain up. It’s pretty cool if you can pull it off successfully. When it works it works, when it doesn’t, then, you know....

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rain Dance

But Ada, you do realize that Politoed gets Drizzle right? Yeah, I know. I started using rain again so… It’s funny, the look on people’s faces when they see me use Politoed + a bunch of threatening Swift Swimmers, and then again, as their weather starter gets trapped and killed by Politoed. :) This set aims to surprise the opponent and remove a problematic Pokemon at the same time whilst still getting Rain up. It’s pretty cool if you can pull it off successfully. When it works it works, when it doesn’t, then, you know....
Interesting idea. Azumarill can pull this off too, having more HP and Defense, with Sap Sipper and Thick Fat to use - though it's offense is bad in comparison, unless you want to use Huge Power and get an offensive option besides Whirlpool.

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Rain Dance

Thats an interesting idea, a bit gimmicky, but it could work. I think there are better pokemon to do this job, unless your point is to trick the opponent.

Since I have been stealing pokemon from this thread, the most recent one being a Swagger Thundurus inspired by Badabing's Tornadus, I thought it's about time I gave something back. So here goes, this is a set that I have been using for a while on my hail team:

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 32 HP / 220 SpAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)

- Substitute
- Disable
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball/Torment

This evil snow lady is built to be a stalling machine and requires at least Stealth Rock and one layer of Toxic Spikes (two layers gets the job done much quicker!). The idea is to come in to something harmless (in most cases Rapid Spin, a Fighting move or a Protecting Blissey for example) and Substitute. Her ability gives you a chance to set up free Substitutes and this fits with Froslass' excellent speed and Disable to force switches. Taunt shuts down any hope the opponent has of healing and it stops stat uppers. Shadow Ball is a move just to finish off the opponent's Pokemon when their health gets low while Torment can prolong the pain but Shadow Ball is the better option.

So how is this any better than Disable Gengar? The answer is Snow Cloak. Abusing the 20% miss chance is easy with Froslass' high speed and the HP EVs give you maximum Leftovers recovery while allowing 5 Substitutes. Right now nobody expects Disable on a Froslass so you can pull it off first time without a hitch and I probably don't need to go into the considerable list of Pokemon that Disable Gengar walls. What makes this thing a true monster is the fact that the opponent cannot spin the hazards away, they cannot heal or stat up and there's nothing like an enemy priority Taunt missing.

Froslass' Shadow Ball does decent damage 37 - 44% to 4-0-0 Thundurus which is a 2HKO after Stealth Rock so you can take a Taunt and KO. Obviously Hail and Toxic Spikes absolutely need to be up for the stalling to work but this Froslass works fine as a normal Spin Blocker too until the conditions are right. As long as you have reliable Hail and hazards on your team Froslass can pretty much operate on her own so she doesn't require ridiculous amounts of team support to pull off.

Surely Ice Beam is a far better offensive choice? It's more powerful, it's SE against more things, and isn't useless against Normal types. It means you won't be worrying about Thundurus really at all. Of course, Shadow Ball is great against Reuniclus, who walks all over stall, but with Torment and Taunt you won't be worrying too much about that anyway.

That being said, doesn't seem a bad Hail Stalling set.

If you get Taunted then you either go for the KO if you have Substitute up or you switch. Most priority taunters won't enjoy Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes and faster Taunters are generally quite frail and predictable that the rest of the team can handle them. This set isn't meant to be a Stallrein, you can feel free to switch and play it just like any other Pokemon. As long as you force switches or prevent the enemy healing then Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes/Spikes will do the job.

Shadow Ball was chosen because it has higher PP than Ice Beam and also for the SpDef drop which is sometimes helpful if you get into a stall war. The most important reason I guess is that it hits the Psychic types that have Magic Guard for good damage. While it doesn't hit Normal types, Ice Beam isn't doing much to Chansey and Taunt is the only move you need against Chansey (or any wall).

Speaking from experience with Psychic stalling wars, relying on a SpDef drop helps very little. Ice Beam has the same likelihood of actually freezing your enemy altogether, which is better odds. Alakazam is frail, Sygiliph is weak to ice, and Shadow Ball can't hit Clefable. If your PP matters that much, I suppose that's okay, though PP stalling doesn't seem to great.

I still think it's a good set, but it seems like a bad offensive option to hold it all together with. You have access to one of the best STAB offensive types, you should probably use it.

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah Ice Beam is a beast of an attack. I'll try it again and see how it goes, when I tried it in the past it didn't work as well as Shadow Ball.

Here's a cool set I use:

Lickilicky@ Expert Belt
Ability:Cloud Nine
EVs:252 HP/252 SPA/4 SPD
Nature: Modest

Moves:

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Surf

Now, I like accuracy. And when I was looking up Lickilicky sets, they all had Power whip and Fire blast, so I came up with this. I dropped power whip and went with lower power and higher accuracy. Since I don't need to split the EVs, I can make up for lower power moves with higher stats. And TRUST me, this works. If i had a dime for every Ferrothorn I take by surprise...and I don't mean on a switch in. I can switch into a Ferrothorn, and OHKO them (Rain doesn't save it thanks to Cloud nine)

And you can replace with other stuff I hit super effective. However it's a bit like an electivire, if i'm not hitting super effectively, I'm not hitting very hard. HOWEVER, unlike electivire this has the element of surprise. On many times a opponent will send out another poke for a revenge kill, only for Lickilicky to Kill THAT one with an SE attack.

What do you think? The EVs were just a guess i made making this thing, but work well for bulk and power.

Here's a cool set I use:

Lickilicky@ Expert Belt
Ability:Cloud Nine
EVs:252 HP/252 SPA/4 SPD
Nature: Modest

Moves:

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Surf
Lickilicky would proabably be one of the few pokemon to use Expert Belt over Life Orb since its great bulk is a great asset and it movepool is better than most pokemon. I'd personally prefer the more powerful moves instead of accuracy. The evs are optimal providing you want maximum bulk, and power. other Options to consider are Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Wring Out, and Muddy Water. Hidden power could be a option to address a specific threat such as Volcaraona or something with a quadruple weakeness, but since it has such as great movepool, I think it would be inferior nearly every time.

Lickilicky would proabably be one of the few pokemon to use Expert Belt over Life Orb since its great bulk is a great asset and it movepool is better than most pokemon. I'd personally prefer the more powerful moves instead of accuracy. The evs are optimal providing you want maximum bulk, and power. other Options to consider are Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Wring Out, and Muddy Water. Hidden power could be a option to address a specific threat such as Volcaraona or something with a quadruple weakeness, but since it has such as great movepool, I think it would be inferior nearly every time.
I agree about bulk and hidden power. You have a point, a set with Fire Blast could work, but Thunder and Blizzard won't get weather boosts unless you changed abilities. I might swap Surf for Muddy Water just for lols. I made this set for accuracy, but it could work without it, i just wanted to share.

Heres a set that works great for me.

Whirlipede@ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
Evs: 252 Hp, 20 Attack, 84 Defence, 152 Sp. Defence evs (0 Speed Ivs)
Nature: Sassy

Moveset

Gyro Ball
Spikes/ Rest
Toxic Spikes
Poison Jab

It may be outclassed by Ferroseed Eviolite but it still get its job done as setting up entry hazards. Whiripede's Ev spread gives it 284/375/375 defences which isn't bad. Its able to absorb to Toxic Spikes and take hits fine. Like most Eviolite pokes, it lacks a recovery source which actually proves Whirlipede a second to pokes like Chansey, Dusclops, etc. Gyro Ball gives hits speedy pokemon pretty fine. To be honest there, thats all Whirlepede strives on to actually to damage. Poison Jab fills the forth slot as a filler STAB. Optionally, you could replaced Poison Jab with Struggle Bug and give Whirlipede a 252 Hp/252 Defence Ev spread.

Support Pede is most likely the only set you can get. So what do you think? Needs any changes?

Heres a set that works great for me.

Whirlipede@ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
Evs: 252 Hp, 20 Attack, 84 Defence, 152 Sp. Defence evs (0 Speed Ivs)
Nature: Sassy

Moveset

Gyro Ball
Spikes/ Rest
Toxic Spikes
Poison Jab

It may be outclassed by Ferroseed Eviolite but it still get its job done as setting up entry hazards. Whiripede's Ev spread gives it 284/375/375 defences which isn't bad. Its able to absorb to Toxic Spikes and take hits fine. Like most Eviolite pokes, it lacks a recovery source which actually proves Whirlipede a second to pokes like Chansey, Dusclops, etc. Gyro Ball gives hits speedy pokemon pretty fine. To be honest there, thats all Whirlepede strives on to actually to damage. Poison Jab fills the forth slot as a filler STAB. Optionally, you could replaced Poison Jab with Struggle Bug and give Whirlipede a 252 Hp/252 Defence Ev spread.

Support Pede is most likely the only set you can get. So what do you think? Needs any changes?
Why not just make it:

Gyro Ball
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rest

I mean, if poison jab is filler anyway...With gyro ball your not taunt bait...

Aerobipom

Ambipom @ King's Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Fake Out
- U-Turn

Use it as a lead. Fling gets rid of the King's rock and flinches the oppo, but use it after fake out, a 90 priority flinch. Acrobatics a 110 power attack that has surprisingly good coverage, and U-turn to scout or just switch.

@the Whirlipede set: its offense is extremely low, and despite having a pretty good chance for a full power Gyro Ball, it still just doesn't cut it. I doubt it can even dish out the hurt on common Taunt users, e.g. Skarmory.

Also to Whirlipede: And even Ferroseed has Thunder Wave to hinder some set-uppers. I'd rather use Scolipede.

Aeromence: I think that Ambipom is in the Subway. Although without Acrobatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)