[Standard] NOC Desktop Dungeons Mafia GAME OVER

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
inclined to think j-man is town. acklow i am neutral on. fangren i lean town. rickheg i lean town but less so than fangren.

quagsires is my top suspect for mafia atm

billymills needs to get a life so he doesn't waste a line of his thinking flaming me. I made my first mistake this game. It doesn't warrant any crap from you.

Also
@Acklow What does it matter to you if we get this game done sooner when you barely even post? I think the only thing you've contributed were your thoughts on who scum is and haven't done anything that significant otherwise.

@Spiffy, quit abusing your cleanliness so you can act suspicious >:( Why were you urging rickheg to vote yeti to close out the vote before quagsires could stop the lynch/ halt it for a little bit?

My apologies for the long unannounced absence. I was busy.

Final day 4 Votecount
Yeti (7): Da Letter El, billymills, Quagsires, Acklow, J-man, Fatecrashers, Spiffy

After a day of yawning and pointing, you all finally decide who you'll attack.

So you do.

Yeti is dead. She was the Matron of Flame, Mafia Goon.

It is now Night 4.

Quagsires has informed me that he will be away for two weeks; I am looking for a replacement.

Waking up to screams is kind of a cliche by this point, so today you all wake up to... nothing?

Oh, they put some duct tape on his mouth before killing him. You all decide that it makes sense, and silently thank the mafia for giving you all a good night's sleep.

Well, as good as it can be considering that billymills is dead.
He was the Human Rogue - Vannila Town.

DAY 5

BEGIN

I was hooked again.

Alpha Werewolf am I allowed to c/p my result PM into to the thread?

Anyway, I was killing DetroitLolCat. Mostly because of this post when polelover44 was first brought to the chopping block by UncleSam:

QFT. Honestly, I'm scared that UncleSam is getting a bit too powerful in this game and that it's really going to hurt the town's chances on winning this game. UncleSam is a pretty good mafia player, but Day 1 shows that we cannot simply bandwagon with him. Galladiator was a pretty obvious townie in my opinion, but Sam was still able to rally enough support to get the lynch. I'm not even positive that he's town, I think he might be playing on the fact that he's more experienced than a lot of the people here and is using that fact (along with some rhetoric) to control the town. Inspector, tonight you NEED to verify Uncle Sam to be sure that he's townie, because I'm not sure he can be trusted until then. Remember: he really hurt the town with (in my opinion) a pretty obvious mislynch Day 1. If he had attacked somebody different such as Spiffy (who was vastly more suspicious), I wouldn't be faulting him as much. Galladiator, however, was a townie that was over his head.

Lots of people have bandwagoned in the past, why should polelover be lynched for it?
Keep in mind he posted this shortly after he said "UncleSam is probably right about polelover44, but etc. That seems a bit odd that he would change his mind so quickly!

Also I still have no idea how both HSA and I are still alive. I think users: DetroitLolCat, Fangren, and possibly Quagsires are the remaining mafia. When Yeti bit the dust, DLC was the only one active, as Fangren is very inactive to begin with and Quagsires went away for two weeks. My theory is that DLC, being new (no offense), just killed billymills just because billy had been at DLC's throat all game.

So I am going to Vote: DetroitLolCat. I'd like a lot more discussion before we just bandwagon him though.

yeah, Yeti's vote just threw everything off...

The only person that seems suspicious is Quagsires for wanting Yeti's vote stopped... But that is so fringe... Also i'm too lazy to check if he was cleaned as well, was he?

And spiffy provides insight before i post my last post...

I'm gonna vote DetroitLolCat because of his constant suspicion of me, even though by now i should be cleaned....

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, I guess I see your reasoning. This is my first real mafia game and from the start people were immediately pointing fingers and votes because of bandwagoning, so I felt that if I shared a similar idea with people I would get lynched for bandwagoning and I wanted to last long/help the village so I acted pro-town and made sure the rest of the town knew I was pro-town.

This continued after the two mislynches because Galladiator and masterful both just said something and tried to back it up (as you mentioned in your post) and got lynched because of it, so I made sure now to bandwagon without tons of reasoning and continued to act really pro-town.

I agree that I was obsessed with appearing pro-town, but that appearance was genuine; I am very pro-town. Sorry if I've been acting too defensively this game, I am part of this village and I do not want my defensiveness to be the reason we lose this game.
If you keep posting like that we will lynch you.
just putting it out there

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Rickheg is clean?? Well, it looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle! Okay, I sounded a bit scummy yesterday, but I would like to make it known that I am a townie. Let's look at the lynches. First lynch was Galladiator. I thought he was town, so I didn't vote for him. Second lynch was masterful, I didn't vote for him. Third lynch was polelover, and I was the second person to vote for him (HSA was the first). Fourth lynch was Yeti, and even though I didn't vote for him I did say I suspected him, I just suspected rickheg more.

I understand I'm being pressured to post and exonerate myself and this will probably not be enough to clean me (it should help a little hopefully), but I can't be on for an extended period of time for about 6 hours, as I have something to do.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
P.S.

Remember that though I originally defended polelover because I thought he was being treated unfairly, I still was the second person to vote for him Day 3.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I was hooked again.
:(

Anyways, here are my thoughts before I have to leave for vacation. Quagsires is certainly my biggest suspect for being Mafia, partly due to him being so apathetic to most lynches, but mostly because he removed his vote on Yeti after/before (I don't recall which) majority was reached. I also agree with Spiffy's reasoning that DLC is also very scummy atm...actually I'd like to just say that he has been acting quite scummy all game in all honesty. DLE pointed this out early-mid game, and it looks like Spiffy has mounted even more evidence against him. For the purposes of not jumping on the bandwagon too early, I would like to Vote: Quagsires.

So as I said before, I'm going off for a week of vacation. I will be back hopefully around Saturday or Sunday.

Da Letter El

I want hsa to please voice his opinions; he's our inspector and i would really like to know what he thinks about quagsires/detroitlolcat/acklow/etc and who his main few suspects for mafia are, seeing as how he has cleared rickheg now.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
My main suspects right now are Quagsires and Fangren.

I mostly agree with Acklow on this Quagsires, he tried to stop a majority on yeti and then got angry at rickheg for putting it back on.

Fangren is a suspect because (correct ne if I'm wrong) he hasn't really said or done anything at all during the past two lynches. He also made a dlc post at the end of day 4

Vote: Fangren

Let's see now. There's ten of us left alive: DLE, Spiffy, Quagsires, DLC, Fatecrashers, J-man, rickheg, HSA, Acklow, and myself. Of those, HSA, Spiffy, DLE, and rickheg are clean.

The six suspects are, therefore, Quagsires, DLC, Fatecrashers. J-man, Acklow, and myself. Both Quagsires and Fatecrashers have voted for both pole and Yeti, who were mafia; J-man and Acklow both voted for Yeti; myself and DLC voted for neither.

Based on voting alone, that means that me and DLC are the most likely suspects, though obviously (especially from my point of view, though that doesn't count for shit) at least one mafia has been voting for his/her fellows, probably at the end of a bandwagon. I'm looking through the past two days to see if anything seems interesting in hindsight, but for now I'll provisionally go with DLC as the most likely mafia.

As there are only two votes on him right now out of the 6(?) needed for majority (though J-man needs to redo his vote in the proper format for it to count), I'll go with Vote: DetroitLolcat for the time being.

Da Letter El

Ok, I am done with the games, since now that billymills died, I feel I'm probably the next to die. Beware of the tl;dr that is to follow.

Your real inspect0r d00d, he is here!

For all of you noobs and/or fans of desktop dungeons, I use my LEMMISI glyph to inspect d00ds.

Results:

Cleared Brammi n1 <______________< (we've talked about no outside contact before on irc; he seemed to be an experienced player and a good person to clear)
Cleared Fatecrashers n2 (played similar to me, and I had trouble reading him. Also is a good person to have as a trustworthy opinion)
Found Yeti to be mafia n3 (debated between inspecting her and quagsires, but ultimately decided on her to be on the safe side. Wanted to be sure she was mafia instead of just bad)
Cleared Detroitlolcat n4 (I have no idea what the fuck he is doing, so I figured inspecting him, instead of letting him be mislynched, would be a good idea)

Purposely leaving out roles.

If hsa turns out to really be the sheriff, then here are our clears:

spiffy (via hsa)
me (via hsa)
rickheg (via hsa)
fatecrashers (via me)
detroitlolcat (via me)

and leaves us with

quagsires
acklow
fangren
j-man

whom i would prioritize in approximately this order, almost certainly with quagsires on top. But quagsires is weird in my view; some of his posts feel super scummy, and some of them feel squeaky clean. I'm less sure of the bottom 2, but I think this would be about how it would look.

Should HSA really be the sheriff, we can lynch from the list of quagsires/fangren/acklow/j-man and worst case scenario is a position where the town is at a 50% chance of lynching a mafia at the final opportunity to do so. Here's how it would most likely break down:

Night 5: 5 clear 4 unclear
Day 6: 4 clear 4 unclear (if 3 mafia left, 75% of lynching a mafia.)
Night 6: 4 clear 3 unclear
Day 7: 3 clear 3 unclear (if 2 mafia left, 67% of lynching a mafia.) [could be game over, given 3 mafia left]
Night 7: 3 clear 2 unclear
Day 8: 2 clear 2 unclear (if 1 mafia left, 50% of lynching a mafia.) [could be game over, given 2 mafia left]
Night 8: 2 clear 1 unclear
Day[9]: 1 clear 1 unclear [game has to be over by now, barring a mayor]

note that none of this accounts for the possibility of the what would then be cleared vigilante perhaps getting hits in on mafia members

I doubt that any mafia has a role that appears innocent upon inspection, especially considering that polelover44's role name was the godfather, which typically is the mafia role that appears innocent on inspection, unless they have a role which is usually called the lawyer, which makes one of their mafia members appear innocent upon inspection. However, in this set up, and given the environment in which we are playing this game, i find the existence of that role to be extremely unlikely.

While I would love to believe that hsa is honestly the sheriff, I sincerely doubt that he is. I believe that his lynching would shed much light on this set up for us.

If hsa is a non-hooker mafia, I urge you all to seriously consider lynching spiffy; most of his votes have felt extremely artificial, and he seemingly was very hesitant to lynch yeti, and his tone almost seemed non-serious about the vote in a "sorry i'm voting you, partner" kind of sense. He also stresses some sort of dissonance between yeti and billymills, which i found to be somewhat off-putting. I'd love to hear his reasoning for this, though.

If he is hooker, I still would be skeptical of spiffy, although certainly less so. The presence of hooker being confirmed would make his play slightly more understandable, but Spiffy claiming he's been idling really puts me off. As does his still being alive.

This would also mean that rickheg is not clear, and that the only clears going into night 5 would be me, fatecrashers, and detroitlolcat. I would probably place rickheg kinda near acklow level of scumminess. I'd have to really read through the entire thread to be sure, though. Which I certainly could do since I'm sick right now :(

Since one of me/fatecrashers is going to be alive tomorrow 100% (barring spiffy being a NOOB and/or the mafia having an extra kill which would be LAME), I think that we will be fine in handling our day tomorrow. I trust him to make a good read of the situation beyond my own. I honestly could be reading quagsires 100% wrong, but I don't think I'm misreading spiffy, and I trust fatecrashers a hell of a lot more than I trust anyone else in this game. Acklow I'm iffy on but lean slightly mafia, J-man I'm now pretty sure is not mafia, and Fangren...I lean town a little bit, but I'm not confident about that read, either. Thoughts on rickheg above.

Vote: HSA

I am more than willing to post evidence of my suspicions of hsa being mafia, but seeing as how I am innocent from his perspective, he can't exactly be too suspicious of me, so I don't see much of a point. His not dying last night doesn't help his case.

FORZA TOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

wut

Okay. Okay. Let's hold on here. If HSA is town, then it's obvious he's not insane (as he's already given us a mafia member), meaning DLE is town. If HSA is mafia, then he may have 'cleaned' DLE to cover a teammate, but that doesn't explain wtf DLE is doing now, meaning DLE is town.

As I can't imagine there being both a sheriff and an inspector in the same game, I'm inclined to say that HSA is scum who purposely got pole killed to mole the town and 'clean' his buddies (though why he didn't 'clean' Yeti is a mystery, perhaps they wanted to space out the cleaning of their teammates?).

It explains why both HSA and Spiffy have survived despite being alleged power-roles and our BG having already died, as well as Spiffy having not killed anyone. It might also explain why they killed billymills: they were trying to find the real inspector before he revealed himself.

At the moment, I'm convinced that the mafia was pole/Yeti/HSA/Spiffy, possibly with one other person (Quagsires, Acklow, J-man, or rickheg).

I think that, for the moment, I'll be going with Unvote followed by Vote: HSA

If DLE is just trolling I'm going to be so pissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)