Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question:
I'm in a 2v2 Singles battle where both my opponent and I brought full, 3 mon teams, but only use two each. Since I already sent out my second mon, can I use the third in a separate battle?

If yes, I'd like to have a 1v1 singles battle against someone in the ASB tournament arena. Beginner rules, 0 recovers, 3 chills, 1 day DQ.

If no, forget it.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reffing the above! Please PM teams!

EDIT:

Challenge 1 - NFEs Please!
3 v 3 Triples
DQ: 1 Week
Restricted Moves: Bide (Banned) ; Non-Damaging moves which cause Sleep (Banned) ; Unlimited Chills/Recovers
Arena: Forest within a Tree. A gargantuam tree, larger than any Baobab, it is actually hollow. The wooden trunk is still incredibly firm, with small leafy branches extending inside the trunk. There are leaves covering the top of the hollow trunk, and these block a large portion of sunlight. The only light sources available are a glowing form of fungi, which grow on the trunk, giving twilight conditions. The bottom of the tree is made of fertile soil, which is good at absorbing impacts and shaking. There is a small abount of moisture in the air which will prevent the tree from burning after an ember, but 3 or 4 shots will burn the tree down. The moisture cannot power the water moves like Surf though. Digging is difficuly in this arena, since the roots from the tree will happily stop you, causing 10 damage per action spent underground.
Accepting!

No Items
One Ability
Switch=nomatter

Quick Question:
I'm in a 2v2 Singles battle where both my opponent and I brought full, 3 mon teams, but only use two each. Since I already sent out my second mon, can I use the third in a separate battle?

If yes, I'd like to have a 1v1 singles battle against someone in the ASB tournament arena. Beginner rules, 0 recovers, 3 chills, 1 day DQ.

If no, forget it.
Your Pokemon can be in multiple battles at once. If a Pokemon is in a RP, it can't do anything else. Otherwise, no restrictions. But anyway, I accept!

All abilities, no items.

I am also waiting for a ref for this match. The acceptance is right below it.

Format: 2v2 Singles
DQ: 1 Day (2 for ref)
Restricted Moves: 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Standard arena
Your on EM!

Items = No
Abilities = 1
Switch = N/A
Quick Question:

If no, forget it.
Your Pokemon can be in multiple battles at once. If a Pokemon is in a RP, it can't do anything else. Otherwise, no restrictions. But anyway, I accept!

All abilities, no items.

I am also waiting for a ref for this match. The acceptance is right below it.
reffing these two and also the match c$fp linked to.

Alright-let's ref.

I will ref the following challenge-requesting two battlers. The first describes switch and ability status, the second describes item status.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe, a ref named Victor is conveniently waiting nearby...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this. It seems that Victor has decided to offer you all a challenge, with your selves on one side and your rival's selves on the other...

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the nature/Hidden Power (if it had one) it had at the time. Use the search function if you can't find it. If you can't find your starters' starting nature/hidden power...use your first battle as a reference.

-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon, with its current nature/Hidden Power.

-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked. It can have a different nature/Hidden Power than your current mons.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

All participating mons get three times the usual counters, and KO counters go the the present version of the mon. Think 1v1 Doubles. That should be a good incentive to join.

PM the ref:
-The past copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves and original nature/hidden power).
-The current version from your profile.
-The future version. For the future version, link to Veekun under moves and list its Hidden Power beneath the link. (For CAPs, link to the OP of the Data Audit thread.)

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

If Items are turned on, the past iteration of your trainer is limited to (2) each of the following: Oran, Leppa, Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, and Aspear berries. Your present version can use any items in his possession, and your future version can use any items he wants.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions.

Participants:
1:
2:

Challenging Simon Says
For the NZ-CAP-ASB Crown

2v2 Singles
36 hour DQ time for the battlers
48 DQ time for the ref

Restrictions: Can't venture outside of Arena

Descpition:
The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards) swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.

ALso upon Simon Says request there will be some driftwood floating up to 10 metres off my island.

Calling any Ref who want to be part of a historic battle!
Yep, rechallenging now that all of the confusion from another battle has blown over.

Thrid times the charm, (hopefully) isn't it Simon Says.

4 v 4 doubles
2 Day DQ combatants 3 day ref
Arena: Boy Scout Camp

A dry field in summer. Surrounding you are a few dozen boy scout with nothing better to do. At the end of every roud, they will throw something at combatants because they think it's funny. It will either be:
Knives (steel)
Fire (Fire)
Water Balloons (Water)
Walking sticks (grass)
Slushies (Ice)
Rocks (Rock)

These will be a 7 BP attack of their respective typing thrown at Rank Three Attack. Due to the lack of water, surf can not be used.
I will be using FE mons.

Alright, I'm going to issue a challenge that may seem a bit...unusual (although I have seen similar challenges before), and I am waiting on approval for new moves for my mons I plan to use, but I figured I'll put this out here now since I'm not in any matches at the moment.

3v3 Triples, Beginner
DQ Time; 3 Days
Arena; The Sacred Realm of Hyrule

The Sacred Realm, thought to be only a legend of the land of Hyrule. In order to not cause any damage to this holy ground, only beginner pokemon are allowed. Since the world of Hyrule has just been created, there are plenty of sources of water and rocks laying around for any moves that need them, but seismic activity is strictly forbidden, as it could disrupt the Triforce. The three Goddesses will watch over this battle, and they just hate to see pokemon sustain injury. Therefore, the first team each pokemon faints, the goddesses will revive it at full health and energy, just once each.

Summary: After you KO a pokemon the first time, it will be fully restored to max health/energy, no status. Each pokemon must be KO'ed twice before it is removed from the battle. All pokemon involved earn twice the standard set of counters, and the winning team earns a total of 6 KOC. No seismic attacks (EQ, etc.)

4 v 4 doubles
2 Day DQ combatants 3 day ref
Arena: Boy Scout Camp

A dry field in summer. Surrounding you are a few dozen boy scout with nothing better to do. At the end of every roud, they will throw something at combatants because they think it's funny. It will either be:
Knives (steel)
Fire (Fire)
Water Balloons (Water)
Walking sticks (grass)
Slushies (Ice)
Rocks (Rock)

These will be a 7 BP attack of their respective typing thrown at Rank Three Attack. Due to the lack of water, surf can not be used.
I will be using FE mons.
Ill accept this
1 Ability
no items or switching

Open challenge time with some special rules!

Training Battle
(This battle acts as if it never happened; it will not go on the profile or W/L/T of either player)
Format: 1v1 Singles
DQ: 2 days
Limits: ∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Arena: Tropical Chasm
This arena is above a huge tropical bay. There are two pillars upon which the trainers stand, and between them, with no floor, is the arena. The Pokemon are disallowed from traveling the several stories down to the water level, and are forbidden from leaving the air. The only Pokemon that are allowed in this battle are Flying-types, and only those that either have no EC or do not have more than 3 EC. Evolution is forbidden in the battle. The move Smack Down is also forbidden, as that would be just mean. Naturally, Roost is also disallowed, because that would imply you landing somewhere.

Summary:

• Only Flying-type Pokemon allowed.
  • The moves Roost and Smack Down are disallowed.
  • Only Pokemon with <=3 EC or no EC at all are allowed.
  • All combat must be aerial in nature and leaving the arena is disallowed.
  • Evolution is disallowed.
I'll take it if I'm allowed to use a Levitate Pokemon.

Switch = KO
1 Ability
No Items

Any ref brave enough?
Hi! Still need a ref for this match! Thanks in advance for any takers.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Looking for a leisurely battle that will occupy my time for a while.

3v3 Evolution-Capable Singles
2 Day Disqualify
∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Switching is permitted.

Bring four Pokémon. Once you've used three of them in battle, the remaining Pokémon must sit out for the rest of the match. You don't select which one sits out until the moment you send out your third Pokémon.

Pinnicle Ruins
Sized for - 3 Pokémon per side. (Large)
Water Depth - Shallow (Surf, Muddy Water, and Dive can be used by drawing on the water source. Small Pokémon can submerge themselves, larger Pokémon can simply wade through the water with little difficulty.)
Seismic Activity - Allowed (The arena is sufficiently far from unprotected structures, or is properly insulated against this sort of punishment. Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure, and Dig are permitted.)

A ruined complex from a bygone age, these crumbling pillars and walls bask in the high-altitute sunlight. The air is fridgid in this altitutes, but the sun alleviates this.

Pinnicle Ruins has the following traits:
  • The long trek up to reach this arena takes its toll on even the hardiest traveler - both players' lead Pokémon (or only Pokémon as the case may be) have one less rank in Attack and Special Attack for the first three rounds of battle.
  • Weather affinity (Sun) and Weather affinity (Hail). The appropriate weathers last an additional two (2) rounds.
  • Seismic attacks, while not forbidden, are hazardous. Each time one is used, the user risks a 10% chance that a nearby pillar or old wall will crumple onto them; dealing damage as a R5 user of non-STAB Rock Slide.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Destiny_Warrior so that he can get easy tokens by exploiting beginners.

Format: 3v3 Triples, Postition doesn't matter
DQ: 2 Day (2 for ref)
Restricted Moves: 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Leethoof's Alphabet Soup

Leethoof said:
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)